MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1361 Post by Vecna » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 pm

I actually believed Teacher. Clever bastard playing it exactly like the actual veteran would, hoping to drag some scum with him.

Anyways....

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1362 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:45 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 pm
So why did brain and everyone vote jamie after the pr claim?
Jamie's last vote change was very sketchy (teacher, unvote, peter).

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1363 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:49 pm

And for me, he was whining about my voting history even though his voting didn't make sense. I assume he joined the teacher wagon assuming Peter would get lynched. Then once teacher was set to be lynched he was panicking thinking how to save him.

brainbomb

#1364 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:49 pm

201&user=teacher2
teacher2
Day-1 25:41
page 7 Thanks. To do you the same courtesy, here are my thoughts.

Brain is my hardest slot. Im inclined the opposite way, towards a very slight scum read - in part because I HATE self-votes at almost all times - but I have to do a bit of meta-diving (however unreliable) since I havent seen him in games, only on the forum generally. It is fun though.

I have the same hankering for the PeterBot, so hope we get an answer one way or the other soon enough to make alternative plans if necessary, though I dont want to boot up my old google doc notetaking.

Off the cuff, Ive seen more early content from Bozo than in 36. There, people said that the low content was against meta for him, but he still flipped town. The increased posting/play back within meta gives a very slight town.

I dont think a few slots (Ive been particularly looking for Damo) have posted yet. The fact that Flash as a new player has been posting as much as he has gives me a slight town.

Despite these thoughts and leanings, nobody is +/-rand at all yet.
Page 8 : g=37&part=Day%201&user=teacher2
teacher2
Day-1 25:05
page 8 Dear lord, it looks like jokes are being taken as scummy play all around today.

@fox - sorry, and haha. Thought you were trying to be semi-serious amidst the cheese jokes. But man, chango-your-tuno. (ouch).

@Yav - I too was making a joke by repeating something Ive said all three games, nearly verbatim. But to be honest, I did think you were being serious and had internally reacted to your post, so thanks for clarifying.

@DrCJG - My vote, too, was a joke. A pressure wagon sounds good enough to me. ##Vote Bismarck
The red are people teacher wanted dead
The green are people he either supported, buddied, or coddled.
The brown is too null to tell

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1365 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:50 pm

I think he was buddying me, hoping I would fall for it. Being new and looking for friends I almost did.

brainbomb

#1366 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm

You could be my friend asshole
Im warm and snuggly

worcej

#1367 Post by worcej » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:54 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Because it could be confirmed immediately on N2 via town PR.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1368 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm
Im warm and snuggly
LOL. What was that thing you said about this game again? "dumbest game in webdip history"? Still believe that?

DoubtingThomas

#1369 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm

Check Page 57 to like 62

Who is the hardest to push Teacher?

DoubtingThomas

Who is the hardest to defend Teacher?

Bozo

Who falsely claims I am defending Peter hard?

Jamie

Yep scum. Both of them.

Thinking Vacna or Brain is prob sk

Lynch jamie d3

brainbomb

#1370 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 pm

and welcome Bismark. Im in the midst of drafting my reads, which I will post soon enough, but for now ##vote PeterLund

teacher2
Day-1 18:52
page 14 Reads & Questions through Post 262 (takes a while to draft in a game this big, so don’t update from when I start):

Bismarck: HA. Null, but am not happy there is a leading wagon here since it’s a waste when it could be a modkill. My vote is moving, and I encourage others to do likewise.

Bozo: More active than our last game, but primarily mechanical so far. Don’t disagree with mechanical thoughts. Null-town pending answers to my previous questions.

Brain: Ive talked about him too much already. The meta dive made it seem like his posting here was even more “brainy” than his normal game in either alignment, but certainly more than M30 as scum. @DrCJG – what game in particular did you think it was similar to? Still inclined to townlean based on what felt like genuine vitriol rather than OMGUS.

Damo: modkill, but same as he was as VT in newb game.

Demon: modkill, but different than he was as VT in M36.
Doubting: I’ll agree with others commenting on a weak start, but Im still inclined to give newbs the benefit of the doubt. Null pending answers to my previous questions.

DrCJG: Is not going to get better than a null from me ever again, given how he’s cakewalked me twice. I liked the nolynch tweak, I liked his push for Jamie to out the “scumslip” after conversation had initially passed it by. Null-town (Better than a null!)

Flash2015:A newb that gets it, and gets my best townread because of it. To be honest, I have some fear of DrCJG’s evil twin/cousin here, and get some LAMIST vibes from viewtopic.php?p=23337#p23337 (this post), which seems to be forced scumhunting on was a fairly obvious joke wagon from RVS. But that’s probably paranoia; I really like how he is advancing the game and his progression, including the turn around on Brain. Town-read.

Fox: I’ll be contrarian and view the no-lynch as NAI. I actually normally advocate for it in more vanilla setups. But there are too many killers here. (To respond to your question, a no lynch probably does not put off Mafia win condition given all the night killings; I can break this down longer if desired.) I liked your breakdown of the Brain-Jamie options, and your defense of the absentees. You make me laugh. But something still is pinging me. Null.

Jamie: Townlean for the scumhunting, even if I disagree with it. Would love for you to get out of your tunnel though.

PeterLund​: Feels like a similar lurky D1 to M36, where you were PR. But PRs and Scums have fairly similar motivations. We were just getting out of RVS right in the prime of your posting time, but you didn’t say much. Plus, I strongly disagree with what you did say, that Brain-Jamie could be svs theater. Scumlean til you explain that more (previous question).

Raging​: Has posted a fair amount without actually making an impression. He felt more solvey/involved in M36 as a town!PR, but the difference could be due to the sim. Also didn’t like the focus on the Brain wagon; it felt forced when to me it’s a fairly legit place to be, particularly as a new player, in part as policy and in part due to Jamie’s case. Null-scum.

RdRivera​: Similar to Ike in terms of number of posts versus actual impression. But doesn’t feel as forced—posts came earlier in the game during the shitposting phase, and seemed to be interacting for reads rather than steering. Null pending further activity.

Teacher​: Dirtbag.

thedipplayer​: low-post newb, but the first person to actually pick up on the “scymslop”. Null-town

Vecna​: Shitposting then lurking is consistent with meta. Null pending further activity.

Worcej​: I like the soft defense of Brain and Damo, even if the bloodthirstiness from the start (and the “gunna”) both pinged me a bit. Null-town.

Yavuz​: Townlean from genuine, weighty posts. I had this from the start, when he asked if he should be townreading me. He now says that wasn’t a genuine question, but it was consistent with what I know of his style. I do think he’d try to lynch me as scum, but I think he’d actually try to make a case for it rather than just say gut. To be honest, this read is more based on feelz than content, but it is what it is

It looks like yav, and teacher had a very longstanding deeply close connection from the start. They interacted a lot. Yav shouldnt be cleared just yet.

I am curious about his reads on damo and jamie. And bismark.

brainbomb

#1371 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:52 pm
Im warm and snuggly
LOL. What was that thing you said about this game again? "dumbest game in webdip history"? Still believe that?
Its definetely improved.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1372 Post by flash2015 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:03 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:54 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Because it could be confirmed immediately on N2 via town PR.
The only reason Jamie could possibly move was to save teacher (i.e. they both have to be scum). We really shouldn't have risked it.

DoubtingThomas

#1373 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Can I get a show of hands who are voting Jamie and then Bozo in day???

Me!!

Thats one

brainbomb

#1374 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Me!!

Thats one
Why dont we just have sk kill jamie and or bozo. Then we dont need to waste 2 days.

Sk you in?

DoubtingThomas

#1375 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:06 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Me!!

Thats one
Why dont we just have sk kill jamie and or bozo. Then we dont need to waste 2 days.

Sk you in?

Yeah kill them pls brain

DoubtingThomas

#1376 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:09 pm

Boso and jamie where did you go

Are you guys discussing

In

Mafia

Qt

What to do??

Prob concede tbh

bozotheclown

#1377 Post by bozotheclown » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Check Page 57 to like 62

DoubtingThomas

Bozo

Jamie

Yep scum. Both of them.

Lynch jamie d3
The game is rarely that simple.

Foxcastle

#1378 Post by Foxcastle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 pm

I had to commute right as the vote was called, so just catching up, and seeing the vote rulings. So I guess yay? I mean... kinda sucks for the scumteam, but it's not like you can put the cat back in the bag.

Also, the ninja being dead means that the NK can be tracked now, and that there won't be any janitor confusion, so that's pretty good!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1379 Post by rdrivera2005 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:22 pm

Back from pyisioterapy. First thing, kudos on catching the second scum on D2. Teacher will have to work on being obvtown as scum :-D

Second thing, the adjudication was right or not? If I didn't remember wrong we discussing in another game about it and it was stated that GM posting is the deadline.

Third thing, I tend to agree that Bozo and Jamiet as a scumteam is pretty too obvious, but they are up on my scumreads and Worcej too.

DoubtingThomas

#1380 Post by DoubtingThomas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:01 pm
Check Page 57 to like 62

DoubtingThomas

Bozo

Jamie

Yep scum. Both of them.

Lynch jamie d3
The game is rarely that simple.
It might not be simple, but you just made it simple

If I were a townie in your position, I would try to explain or suggest something else that could be true

You saying, “the game is not simple” does not help the case and if you are an actual townie, you are just being a bad player and makes you look like a scum playing the bluff card

From the way you act, there is absolutely no way you are a VT you hardly care about someone deducing you as a scum

Maybe you might be a sk, as t looks like you were trying to tie the vote by moving to vote teacher who you refrained from doing so for 5 pages until there was enough chaos

Either way vote you d3, as it stands you are a toxic player for townies even if you are actually townie