Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19029
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11409
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1441 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 pm

##Vote Celaph.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19029
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11409
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1442 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 pm

:tumbleweed:
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 10325
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3261

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1443 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:14 pm
I don't like baseball. It's an extremely dull sport.
Assistant General Manager Note:

JamieT has been modkilled pending approval from the General Manager for disparaging our national sport.



Sigh...no...but back I go to watching England have a lesson from a *real* cricket team.


Updated vote count with approximately 3.5 hours to go to EOD:

Durga (5) kgray lfischl Vecna dargorygel celaph
kgray (2) Durga rdrivera2005
celaph (1) Jamiet99uk


All players have fulfilled minimal voting and posting requirements.

Durga is set to be eliminated. (Sorry, no links to a great series of film right now)
3

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1444 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:41 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:41 pm
Would it be helpful if we all listed our two top guesses for the scum team right now? I am not desiring to give the scumroom info for their faction kill. But maybe we would find we have more cohesion than we think.
----
TBH, we are all floundering a little.

We have no absolute, confirmed, scumfolk.

So when someone suggests that "BLANK" is my top, the person in question (whether they are scum or not) can always poke holes in the theory. Because it is theory. It is not much more than gut, augmented by a bit of logic.
Don't you think it makes the most sense to vote for our top suspect and then go from there after the flip? We can't DK two people, and the vig already shot. So I don't really see the point of doing this.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1445 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:48 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:52 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 pm


When was bozo my counterwagon? I don't remember him even being on the table. I remember it being Jamiet and then I was sus of damo so I voted for damo. I don't vote for people I don't find scummy if I can vote for someone I do.
You were sus of damo because of his vote for you, right? Were you not sus of bozo's reasons for his vote for you?
I don't remember his reason, but also everyone was voting for me at some point just because I wasn't around so it's not just bozo's reason I don't recall. Damo felt sus because he joke voted me and stayed there because he quoted math.

Also, why didn't *you* vote for bozo?
I didn't want him to be the D1 kill.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1446 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 pm
Rdrivera because of his bumping along the thread. Rdrivera has, as i have noted, changed metas more often than Brain. Effectively. This time, as i read him, he does not come up with any new ideas, or argue passionately or logically. He shoots a few pea-shots at ideas... repeat suspicions... and does not seem like superstar rdr.

No... these are not 'cases.' But they are the rationale behind my present gut-votes.

I also note bozo's lack of communication with these two... but he really didn't have mucho commincationo with anyone that i recall.
Rivera changes metas often? When does hie passionately argue ideas? Usually he's logical, yes, which is part of why I found his push on me so suspicious. But I'd never call him a "superstar" in terms of leading town and pressuring reads...
1

Vecna
Posts: 11060
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4630

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1447 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:50 am


Bozo's last post yesterday was 3 hours before EOD, so he could have just not been around when you had a counterwagon?
I have no idea if he was around or not but the fact is he was comfortable to park his vote on me and dip totally. Not something you do to your teammates
Vecna says that Bozo has sometimes bussed his team-mates hard, in the past. What is your verdict of this assessment of Bozo's history?
Note: I actually went to check, and I could not verify this statement. The game where I thought he was bussing our other teammate, he did not.

Regardless, I dont think that holds any merit as an argument. Even if he's not prone to do it, does not mean he never will.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1448 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 pm
##Vote Celaph.
no.
2

Vecna
Posts: 11060
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4630

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1449 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:57 pm

Durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:47 pm
I really hope im not wrong on Durga lol. I can only imagine Bozo's face reading all of this if she's actually town.
You're wrong. And I still have no idea why you're tunnelling on me like this.
Give me something to work with then ffs.

You know how I read you. We have done this song and dance a fuckton of times.

I get it, if youre town you dont have time, and you might be behind, but I cannot read you based on you just reacting to people voting you.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1829

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1450 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:58 pm

kgray wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:52 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:18 pm
Rdrivera because of his bumping along the thread. Rdrivera has, as i have noted, changed metas more often than Brain. Effectively. This time, as i read him, he does not come up with any new ideas, or argue passionately or logically. He shoots a few pea-shots at ideas... repeat suspicions... and does not seem like superstar rdr.

No... these are not 'cases.' But they are the rationale behind my present gut-votes.

I also note bozo's lack of communication with these two... but he really didn't have mucho commincationo with anyone that i recall.
Rivera changes metas often? When does hie passionately argue ideas? Usually he's logical, yes, which is part of why I found his push on me so suspicious. But I'd never call him a "superstar" in terms of leading town and pressuring reads...
This is something I can agree with you. I can be passionate when something triggers me, but I usually then to be logical. And my biggest flaw is I usually suck at pushing my reads.
1

celaph
Posts: 1690
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 653

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1451 Post by celaph » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

@jamie, you voted for me. Here is a gold star. If you want good thoughts then I think Darg had some on the last page regarding rdr as the third scum after Durga.

I'm confident it's not kgray given her interactions with Bozo. I doubt that scum kgray highlights how scum Bozo has been interacting with her like she did D1 and I further doubt that scum kgray highlights how that she was right so early.

I don't think it's Vecna based on his approach to solving the game. It would be particularly bold for him to townlock Maniac only to shoot him at night. I think Vecna's read on kgray has also been rather spot on in that she is getting scumread similarly to M62, for her voting patterns despite her other behavior.

I'd be shocked if Darg had a scum bone in his body this game. His questioning is pointed and accurate. He has been tracking things well and from a perspective that feels very towny. He voted for Bozo half-way through D1 calling him out.

Beyond that I think that Jamie and lfischl are likely both town though I feel better about the former than the latter by a small margin. Like I feel Jamie's annoyance at me now comes from a townie place than some scum trying to push for a miskill.

Rdr has almost been forgettable for large portions of this game. The thing that stick out to me about him is that he signaled some level of concern with both the Bona and Damo wagons yet did little to seriously push against either of them. Particularly yesterday when he said that he felt that Bona was probably town and yet didn't switch his vote to a Durga he had consistently scumread.
1

Vecna
Posts: 11060
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4630

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1452 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:16 pm
##vote Durga
Please actually participate. Its a rather crucial phase
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1453 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 pm

I feel like this is the second time Durga is fitting her scumreads to match the path of least resistance. Bona felt like an easy target yesterday, and I'm obviously her only possible counterwagon today. She seemed to be more sus of Vecna before I started getting votes, but she's not pushing him and I think it's because he's not a possible miskill at the moment.

The only day so far where she hasn't gone with the easy counterwagon was D1, when it was bozo.

Durga, if you're town then I'm sorry. If you're scum, blame ghug.
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1829

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1454 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:10 pm
Durga wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:08 pm


I have no idea if he was around or not but the fact is he was comfortable to park his vote on me and dip totally. Not something you do to your teammates
Vecna says that Bozo has sometimes bussed his team-mates hard, in the past. What is your verdict of this assessment of Bozo's history?
Note: I actually went to check, and I could not verify this statement. The game where I thought he was bussing our other teammate, he did not.

Regardless, I dont think that holds any merit as an argument. Even if he's not prone to do it, does not mean he never will.
I am too lazy to look for it, but I remember Bozo saying he didn't like to buss unless really necessary.

I am not really on the mood to try to save Durga when she just gave up. Hopefully scum just kill me and I don't need to see town lose this game.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19029
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11409
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1455 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm
@jamie, you voted for me. Here is a gold star. If you want good thoughts then I think Darg had some on the last page regarding rdr as the third scum after Durga.

I'm confident it's not kgray given her interactions with Bozo. I doubt that scum kgray highlights how scum Bozo has been interacting with her like she did D1 and I further doubt that scum kgray highlights how that she was right so early.

I don't think it's Vecna based on his approach to solving the game. It would be particularly bold for him to townlock Maniac only to shoot him at night. I think Vecna's read on kgray has also been rather spot on in that she is getting scumread similarly to M62, for her voting patterns despite her other behavior.

I'd be shocked if Darg had a scum bone in his body this game. His questioning is pointed and accurate. He has been tracking things well and from a perspective that feels very towny. He voted for Bozo half-way through D1 calling him out.

Beyond that I think that Jamie and lfischl are likely both town though I feel better about the former than the latter by a small margin. Like I feel Jamie's annoyance at me now comes from a townie place than some scum trying to push for a miskill.

Rdr has almost been forgettable for large portions of this game. The thing that stick out to me about him is that he signaled some level of concern with both the Bona and Damo wagons yet did little to seriously push against either of them. Particularly yesterday when he said that he felt that Bona was probably town and yet didn't switch his vote to a Durga he had consistently scumread.
Thank you.

##Unvote
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1456 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 pm

celaph wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:00 pm
@jamie, you voted for me. Here is a gold star. If you want good thoughts then I think Darg had some on the last page regarding rdr as the third scum after Durga.

I'm confident it's not kgray given her interactions with Bozo. I doubt that scum kgray highlights how scum Bozo has been interacting with her like she did D1 and I further doubt that scum kgray highlights how that she was right so early.

I don't think it's Vecna based on his approach to solving the game. It would be particularly bold for him to townlock Maniac only to shoot him at night. I think Vecna's read on kgray has also been rather spot on in that she is getting scumread similarly to M62, for her voting patterns despite her other behavior.

I'd be shocked if Darg had a scum bone in his body this game. His questioning is pointed and accurate. He has been tracking things well and from a perspective that feels very towny. He voted for Bozo half-way through D1 calling him out.

Beyond that I think that Jamie and lfischl are likely both town though I feel better about the former than the latter by a small margin. Like I feel Jamie's annoyance at me now comes from a townie place than some scum trying to push for a miskill.

Rdr has almost been forgettable for large portions of this game. The thing that stick out to me about him is that he signaled some level of concern with both the Bona and Damo wagons yet did little to seriously push against either of them. Particularly yesterday when he said that he felt that Bona was probably town and yet didn't switch his vote to a Durga he had consistently scumread.
We're literally never killing celaph.
1

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 19029
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 11409
Contact:

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1457 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 pm

Now my scumreads are Durga and Rdrivera.

Town Durga would try harder than this.

##VOTE DURGA
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 7408
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 4470

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1458 Post by kgray » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:06 pm

Okay well now I'm concerned about how quickly Rivera rose up in everyone's scumlist.

I don't agree with darg's reasons to scumread him at all.

@Jamie why do you think it's Rivera? Why don't you scumread me anymore?
1

Vecna
Posts: 11060
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4630

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1459 Post by Vecna » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:06 pm

Annoyingly enough, I actually think Rdrivera's attack on Kgray there was rather genuine
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5953
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1829

Re: Mafia 1016: America's Past-Crime [HIDDEN]

#1460 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:04 pm
Now my scumreads are Durga and Rdrivera.

Town Durga would try harder than this.

##VOTE DURGA
Hope you are all right about Durga so you can afford myskilling me.
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests