MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Ezio

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3821 Post by Ezio » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:38 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:35 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:31 pm
Damo's votes today have all been terrible. Let's look at them:
Starts the day off on bunny (actually the best vote here), but abandons the vote in like 10 minutes so it barely counts.

Then parks a vote on kgray for a few hours, but with no case. Merely for "not disclosing discard". That's shite. 12 hours later comes back and puts a vote on bona (the worst vote possible), again with no explanation for bona. Merely saying we should target ppl who discarded mafia goon.

After the bona push (where he received a suitable amount of flak for), he backs off and goes after brainbomb instead. While not obv town, def a terrible choice for the vote.
I totally agree with all of this, but I think that town!damo's votes and reads are often unexplained and all over the place. I am trying to decide if the fact that his reasons for his votes being sort of mechanical (discard claims) is more suspicious than his usual, unexplained gut reads.
DEF more sus.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3822 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:38 pm

##vote rdrivera

I do think that if people started voting emc he'd magically reappear to make some more pisspoor comments before vanishing again, but clearly nobody else wants to pressure there.

@kgray
Come, tell me, why aren't you scumreading rdrivera anymore?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3823 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:58 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:16 pm
Like the only way to definitively know if there was a psycho in play would be to daykill both celaph *AND* damo - When instead, we can just let the scum NK's (or our own daykills) inform the investigatives courtesy of one of their reports inevitably being killed. We have no idea how many miskills we do or don't have - We really cannot afford to piss them away
Well, okay. I get this. But it requires someone's scan target being killed before they are, which certainly isn't guaranteed, and I still think there's just generally less info for town that way.

But we have at least some miskills, right? Based on how many townies vs scum were required for the game to start.
Do we? Let's assume that *most* people were telling the truth about their discards: We're probably looking at a mafia team of 3-4 people, maybe only 2. So let's take 3 as an average. Now let's look again at the discards and notice how few alien discards have been claimed: So let's assume that the alien team is probably a bit larger - Maybe 5 or even 6. Now throw in a potential SK. That means that realistically we're probably looking at 8 or 9 scum. Given there's only 19 of us alive, we could well already be at our final day where town has a *majority*, and only a few days away from not even being the plurality. We absolutely do not have free miskills to piss away on info-flips.
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:12 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Scum!damo claims b/c he's worried about getting scanned and for whatever reason felt pressured to make a claim.

I'm actually shocked you're making this argument about celaph. He's going to flip at somepoint, and our PR's are going to keep getting their scans. If we later learn if their scans are valid or not, we can use that information then (namely after celaph flips). This is a 21 person game (19 now), so we have loads of time before we need to use the scans.

Who knows, maybe celaph claims PR at some point and mafia need to NK him instead. Wouldn't that be amazing?
Don't see why damo would feel that way, but okay.

I'm making this argument because I actually scumread celaph. If this were about Rivera, for example, I would not be proposing this daykill.

If celaph claims PR we kill him immediately, since he already claimed VT.
I'd love to hear why rdrivera is your example here given you scumread him D1 and he's done absolutely fuck all today. He came in and claimed he'd softed a PR D1 (at night, for no reason whatsoever), and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Why are you no longer scumreading him?
Because I am obviously town?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3824 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 pm

kgray wrote:
Actually I kinda want to ##vote HR
Me too.

##vote HR

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3825 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:42 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:38 pm
##vote rdrivera

I do think that if people started voting emc he'd magically reappear to make some more pisspoor comments before vanishing again, but clearly nobody else wants to pressure there.

@kgray
So, vote him. I might vote him too.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3826 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:42 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:58 am

Well, okay. I get this. But it requires someone's scan target being killed before they are, which certainly isn't guaranteed, and I still think there's just generally less info for town that way.

But we have at least some miskills, right? Based on how many townies vs scum were required for the game to start.
Do we? Let's assume that *most* people were telling the truth about their discards: We're probably looking at a mafia team of 3-4 people, maybe only 2. So let's take 3 as an average. Now let's look again at the discards and notice how few alien discards have been claimed: So let's assume that the alien team is probably a bit larger - Maybe 5 or even 6. Now throw in a potential SK. That means that realistically we're probably looking at 8 or 9 scum. Given there's only 19 of us alive, we could well already be at our final day where town has a *majority*, and only a few days away from not even being the plurality. We absolutely do not have free miskills to piss away on info-flips.
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Don't see why damo would feel that way, but okay.

I'm making this argument because I actually scumread celaph. If this were about Rivera, for example, I would not be proposing this daykill.

If celaph claims PR we kill him immediately, since he already claimed VT.
I'd love to hear why rdrivera is your example here given you scumread him D1 and he's done absolutely fuck all today. He came in and claimed he'd softed a PR D1 (at night, for no reason whatsoever), and then disappeared off the face of the earth. Why are you no longer scumreading him?
Hot damn my summoning skills are on fire

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3827 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:42 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
##vote rdrivera

@kgray
So, vote him. I might vote him too.
I've literally been voting him all day until now. Where was your vote in all that period? Or indeed, anything else from you?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3828 Post by kgray » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Because he said he's obvtown and he only ever says that when he's town. And I decided that he's playing how I expect him to as town, like you originally said, and I don't trust the people saying he was saved. And I'm his spokesperson, and we're vibing this game, and he's town.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3829 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:45 pm

kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:43 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Because he said he's obvtown and he only ever says that when he's town. And I decided that he's playing how I expect him to as town, like you originally said, and I don't trust the people saying he was saved. And I'm his spokesperson, and we're vibing this game, and he's town.
##vote kgray
##END

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3830 Post by kgray » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Ezio wrote:
kgray wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:35 pm
Ezio wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:31 pm
Damo's votes today have all been terrible. Let's look at them:
Starts the day off on bunny (actually the best vote here), but abandons the vote in like 10 minutes so it barely counts.

Then parks a vote on kgray for a few hours, but with no case. Merely for "not disclosing discard". That's shite. 12 hours later comes back and puts a vote on bona (the worst vote possible), again with no explanation for bona. Merely saying we should target ppl who discarded mafia goon.

After the bona push (where he received a suitable amount of flak for), he backs off and goes after brainbomb instead. While not obv town, def a terrible choice for the vote.
I totally agree with all of this, but I think that town!damo's votes and reads are often unexplained and all over the place. I am trying to decide if the fact that his reasons for his votes being sort of mechanical (discard claims) is more suspicious than his usual, unexplained gut reads.
DEF more sus.
I think so too but I'm just really struggling to see scum!damo making that claim for no reason. I guess he could be the maf conspiracy theorist, but it still seems weird for him to go out of his way to shoot down a celaph wagon *that* early.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3831 Post by kgray » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:46 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
##vote rdrivera

@kgray
We're not doing Rivera today.

##vote emc

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3832 Post by kgray » Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:48 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
##vote kgray
##END
Chill dude. You're either being an idiot or you're scum. And Ezio already said that scum wouldn't come after me, so you don't get towncred for this.

damo666

#3833 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:00 pm

Catching up from p170

anything vital happened I should know?

damo666

#3834 Post by damo666 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:03 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:33 am
Damo using the word dogshit makes me buy him as town
That was Ezio, not me.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3835 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Tick Tock, Liar Liar Pants on Fire!

Donny Dude

#3836 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Celaph iso read:
Very early discard of a goon. Really wants to know if scum has a certain definition? That is a weird concern to have as town.
A read on Bona seems genuine. Something towny.
But casts shade on what I believe to be a slip from Bona. Exceptionally weird he goes from giving bb townpoints to maybe bona did not townslip and it is faked. Why did the first one get complete acceptance compared to Bonas?
Has a ghug read based on past game. Says more discarded mafia cards mean more mafia? That does not make sense and feels like shade in saying it's only use is limited outside of lovers.
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:55 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:00 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:54 am

Ok...now you're just fu**ing with us to see how long we continue to believe you can actually think this. Right?
On d1 I actually do think it is better to vote brain than any of three I listed aside from maybe lfischl if he starts posting more. I prefer pressuring bunny or celaph, but if the choice is brain or ezio, I know what I'm choosing.
If you prefer to pressure me then why aren't you doing so? Throw some questions at me.
I don't like this at all, like saying come at me. Saying Bona is not doing so is odd considering his next post townreads Bona.
Reads list like kgray bb and bona, which is a common read I think. Only has town reads though and no one celaph wants to vote out yet even though ghug is weird and bunny has him wary.
He has still not voted. Why the lack of confidence in going after someone like Ghug or Bunny? MAybe he does not want to push them?
A good response to Ghug on how he feels ghug has not displayed a thought process yet, not strong enough to vote for?
Celaph is tied to ghug rather than the other way around.
Finally with an hour and 49 minutes left, Celaph votes for lfi.
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:11 pm
##vote lfischl

I think that their D1 has been the most lacking thus far. I'm not a fan of many of the other wagons except Bunny's.
This just feels like jumping on a wagon that seems popular and not his scummate. I don't buy that explanation as this is a first read of lfi.
Weird post about now believing Bunny is the scummiest but the cost would be too high if wrong?
wtf. Celaph believes emc and vecna are worth keeping around but not lfi. I think a town celaph would have voted for someone with a bit more meat on their bones. This feels like scum wanting to be on a lead wagonthat won't fight back much.
20 minutes later, he hops on bunny. Feels like a scummy vote why not hop on when You thought bunny was scummy 20 minutes ago. Also ties up bunny with Lfi.
Gives a comparison of bunny to other games, but you think celaph would quote something of Bunny considering how many posts he has instead of this,
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:44 pm
Donny Dude wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:36 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:35 pm
I'll support the ##vote bunny wagon.
What about bunny seems scummy celaph
What is your take on rdr?
I've given my take on both of them earlier, though my opinions on Bunny are more spread out. Bunny reminds me more of scum bunny in M62. There he was active, friendly, and comfortable with being part of the conversation while never really being the center of it. M63 town bunny felt more willing to be the center of conversation and more willing to be a little cross with people. This game he has had a few messages that remind me of last game (he made a sharp comment towards me earlier for instance), but I think most of his play is like M62.

As I mentioned earlier, I think rdr is mostly getting votes for being inactive which I think is likely NAI at this point. I have him as null.
with 12 minutes left goes back on lfi, his previous posts left him not able to go on rdr, which is something I think is towny.
Claims the reason people are voing him is because of lfi and that he feels just as decisive to last game.
Asks ghug about ezio vote.
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:55 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:53 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:52 pm

As best I can tell people don't like my vote on lfischl and the justification behind it. To those same people I would ask what they thought of my vote on ND D1 last game. I've felt similarly indecisive to last game.
I'm voting you for tone as well.
I mean, it's not AI, but you were right last time so I probably won't convince you otherwise.
Bona, how did you read celaph last game?
I see a distinct lack of defense in these final minutes. He just gives up but does not shade or yell how about us being wrong.

That was Just d1

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3837 Post by DemonRHK » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:45 pm
kgray wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
##vote kgray
##END
Ok, now I really sold on my crackpot 'HR omitted mafia in his damo' case. Can this be the daykill please?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3838 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:06 pm

I actually can't believe how giddy I am. I suck at this game and it's the first time I've played here where I actually feel useful. Now, I realize it's really down to pure luck and no smarts on my part, but still I feel like running around high-fiving myself, yelling, "Fuck yeah!!!"

That being said, I need to be very careful and double check this shit out, or else I'll be a pretty deserving kill myself.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3839 Post by kgray » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:11 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:06 pm
I actually can't believe how giddy I am. I suck at this game and it's the first time I've played here where I actually feel useful. Now, I realize it's really down to pure luck and no smarts on my part, but still I feel like running around high-fiving myself, yelling, "Fuck yeah!!!"

That being said, I need to be very careful and double check this shit out, or else I'll be a pretty deserving kill myself.
I love this. And if scum NK you then they're scum in real life too. Who'd want to take away this kind of joy in the world?

Hamilton is in my towncore now.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3840 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:12 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:42 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Hot damn my summoning skills are on fire
Nah, I have been around between one caipirinha and another, but don't see much of a need to do a big effort while HB is teasing us.