MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 64 - The Z Files - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#3381 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:19 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:18 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:06 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:48 pm
##call GM:

Can you explain the interactions of killing actions and the paranoid gun owner? Some possible situations:

1) murderer tries to murder gun owner. What happens?
2) strong man tries to strong man gun owner. What happens?
3) hider tries to hide behind gun owner while hider is target for death. What happens?
4) hider tries to hide behind gun owner while gun owner is targeted for death. What happens?
GM NOTES
1: There is no such role as "Murderer" in the deck. Do you mean Serial Killer?
2: Both of them would die.
3: Both of them would die, and so would the person targeting the hider.
4: Both of them would die, and so would the person targeting the Paranoid Gun Owner.
Murder is generic for kill.
MORE GM NOTES:

Ok then:

1) They would both die.

Also, Ghug, I've seen your query, I'll answer that in a moment.

Ezio

#3382 Post by Ezio » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:26 am

##vote Hamilton Brian.

The ghug wagon is solid. Good ppl are on it.

The celaph wagon is sus. Maniac is just lurking so null, but bunny and damo rubbing me the wrong way.

The maniac wagon is absolute dogshit.

Hamilton Brian is trying hard to appear to be doing work and asking questions, but is asking questions I don't think ppl would care about the answers to, or were easily available to someone who kept track of the game and was working on it in their head.

in short: trying to appear to hunt for info, but hunting for the wrong info.

Jamiet99uk

#3383 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:26 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:50 pm
##CALLGM can you either clarify the specifics of interactions between the Coroner and the Psychotrooper or tell us that it's a black box?
Hi Ghug,

I don't wish to be unhelpful, but I'm also not going to spend an hour making a spreadsheet listing what each individual result would be if Role X killed Person Y, and then a Coroner investigated Dead Person Y, while there was a Psychotrooper in play, because there are so many roles in the deck and, to some degree, I'll call this if and when it happens, although you may be assured that I'll do it as logically and consistently as possible, in the circumstance. By default, a Psychotrooper, if present, causes investigatives to receive a result which is "the reverse" of the true result, as you already know. However there is not a "reverse" for every role in this deck, so in many cases the Coroner would simply have to be told that their investigation failed - there is no specific "reverse" result to give them. That may or may not have or have not already happened, or perhaps it hasn't, or has. I hope this assists you somewhat.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3384 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:29 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:26 am
ghug wrote:
##CALLGM can you either clarify the specifics of interactions between the Coroner and the Psychotrooper or tell us that it's a black box?
Hi Ghug,

I don't wish to be unhelpful, but I'm also not going to spend an hour making a spreadsheet listing what each individual result would be if Role X killed Person Y, and then a Coroner investigated Dead Person Y, while there was a Psychotrooper in play, because there are so many roles in the deck and, to some degree, I'll call this if and when it happens, although you may be assured that I'll do it as logically and consistently as possible, in the circumstance. By default, a Psychotrooper, if present, causes investigatives to receive a result which is "the reverse" of the true result, as you already know. However there is not a "reverse" for every role in this deck, so in many cases the Coroner would simply have to be told that their investigation failed - there is no specific "reverse" result to give them. That may or may not have or have not already happened, or perhaps it hasn't, or has. I hope this assists you somewhat.
Thanks, that's a helpful answer, and I promise I'll drop this soon.

Are there examples of roles that do have a "reverse"?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3385 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:30 am

Ezio wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian.

The celaph wagon is sus. Maniac is just lurking so null, but bunny and damo rubbing me the wrong way.

Hamilton Brian is trying hard to appear to be doing work and asking questions, but is asking questions I don't think ppl would care about the answers to, or were easily available to someone who kept track of the game and was working on it in their head.

Do you think I'm scummy, or do you just like the people on my wagon?

Donny Dude

#3386 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 am

Ezio wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian.

What about bunny and Damo rub you the wrong way?

brainbomb

#3387 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:33 am

Damo using the word dogshit makes me buy him as town

Jamiet99uk

#3388 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:34 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:29 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Hi Ghug,

Thanks, that's a helpful answer, and I promise I'll drop this soon.

Are there examples of roles that do have a "reverse"?
GM NOTE

Well, for starters, there are some roles in this setup that are essentially a scum-aligned version of a role that usually appears as Town. Mafia Doctor and suchlike. You might say that was the "Reverse" of the equivalent Town role. On the other hand, I wouldn't say there was a "Reverse" of a Serial Killer, would you?

Donny Dude

#3389 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:35 am

Hamilton, What is your view on townslipping as scum?

BunnyGo

#3390 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:47 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Hi Ghug,

So unlike the other investigative roles which are eventually useful (either by figuring out psycho is alive or by killing him, the coroner is nearly useless as long as a psycho lives?

Donny Dude

#3391 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:48 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:11 pm
Maniac has been a question mark for a few people; well at least two. There might be some more deserving wagons out there, but I am going to park the ##Vote Maniac for the insubstantial work. Post number 1 all the way through Post 25...just skimming the surface. Asking a question, hypothetical, but just there...not digging in the dirt.
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:21 pm
That vote being what it is, I could also get behind a vote on Vecna, EMC, or Ezio.
What is a deserving wagon Hamilton?
I feel like Hamilton is going after lurkers on who to vote for. Just does not seem super solvy, just a lot of questions.

BunnyGo

#3392 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:49 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:32 am
Ezio wrote:
##vote Hamilton Brian.

What about bunny and Damo rub you the wrong way?
I forgot the lube?

He’s had fun taunting me and now he thinks he knows me.

Bonatogether

#3393 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:50 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:47 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
ghug wrote:
Hi Ghug,

So unlike the other investigative roles which are eventually useful (either by figuring out psycho is alive or by killing him, the coroner is nearly useless as long as a psycho lives?
Most investigatives are kinda bunk, since they either miss a whole scumteam (cop, conspiracy theorist) or can't distinguish between town and scum PRs (vanilla cop).

brainbomb

#3394 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:55 am

believe it or not I actually think ghug is town

brainbomb

#3395 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:56 am

I cant even really articulate why.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3396 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:55 am
believe it or not I actually think ghug is town
Told ya

Donny Dude

#3397 Post by Donny Dude » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:59 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:56 am
Could you give it a shot brain?

Bonatogether

#3398 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:00 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:59 am
brainbomb wrote:
^

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3399 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:01 am

Donny Dude wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:59 am
brainbomb wrote:
Can you articulate why you think I'm scum?

celaph

#3400 Post by celaph » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:05 am

Macca573 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:18 pm
Could be worse. RIP bozo

I was roleblocked.
Does this mean you're claiming a PR?
Last game VT were told if they were roleblocked so I expect that the answer to your question is no.