MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Donny Dude

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

#4361 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 am

List eon 3 by hb I think these are the two lists.

Town
Aaro
Pres eden
Jamie
Chaqa
celaph

Null
Damo
​Bona
bozo
Hr
Rdr
Bunny

Scum
Do​nny
Worcej
Emc
Flum

Other list I found on d2
And, as a matter of a starting point in letting you all know where I stand, there is this:
Reads as of D2. Definitely fluid and not ossified.
Tier 1 (would definitely not kill): President Eden, Jamie, myself
Tier 2 (would need a very convincing case to kill): aaro, worcej/durga, RDR
Tier 3 (ambivalent, could kill, could keep alive): bona, bozo, brain, celaph, damo, flum, emc, ghug, HR,
Tier 4 (remove them already): bunny, chaqa, donny, vecna

President Eden and Jamie: both fervent, big writing with explicit details, hammering for information. Emotion.

Aaro: questioning, exploring the conflict between others’ reads and their own feelings (see ghug). Post on page 128 is well thought-out. Really could see them up to tier 1.

Worcej: I think I was town-reading Durga; no, I definitely was. Her bailing out isn’t scum-indicative. She cut ties with our Webdip World team. However, Worcej gets the benefit of the doubt to at least get through another day or two. Sorry to hear about the Covid. That sucks. Rest up, heal up.

RDR: self-admittedly never a big “pusher” and that’s true here. I feel like RDR’s game really is to watch, draw their own conclusions, then press forward in that manner. Same is happening here. Challenging assumptions. Not a scum vibe from them and if I’m wrong, then I really have no business in this game. Jamie's suggestion in the post about HR voting has me second-guessing myself. Worth digging into.

Bona: need to dig more into the hate they are getting. Close to me in terms of post volume, so that isn’t scum indicative. Not getting depth in the posts though, so somewhat forgettable. This position might be changing.

Bozo: drives me crazy; pulled the coloured font business. Usually comes in with a big analytical reason for a decision, or to refute town’s decisions. Not seeing it thus far, but I think they’re a mid-game person. So, still waiting.

Celaph: questioning, commenting, good post on page 123. But…

Damo: feels different this game, can’t put my finger on it. Strong conviction (?) that D1 subs are scum.

Flum: nothing. Not a lot of digging from what I can read.

EMC: nothing. Daddy posts. Seems disinterested.

Ghug: Not sure what I am reading from them. Need to go back to some D2 posts that caught my eye, but right now, very null.

HR: Their D2 seems unremarkable, but I am interested in their Bona take. After some questioning, might shift HR up to 2 or down to 4.

Donny: standout is the D1 VCA moving to Maniac like they did. Getting a lot of asking for others’ reads instead of doing the work themselves. Not really putting themselves out there, which could be scum or PR play.

Chaqa: they should probably be in tier 3 but what stands out to me is naming players as scum without offering an explanation, not asking them questions. Opportunistic. Wondering why they remained on a vanity wagon. That looks suspicious.

Bunny: heavy-hitting day 1 with confrontational posts then disappearing into life. I get it. But the immediate shift in tone seems off to me; are they thinking, “I keep pushing like this I’m going to draw suspicion? Disappear then tone it down, rabbit.” We’ll see how the remainder of D2 goes.

Vecna: Bunny Go is locked in my basement. Usually strong and thoughtful play. This isn’t it.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4362 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 am

I only really see two plausible scenarios here:

A) The scum were online at the deadline, saw HB's post where he didn't provide any fake reports and rapidly switched their kill to rdrivera (possibly because his fake reports *could* have been legit, which looks good for Jamie & Damo)

B) The scum never intended to kill HB, which really makes no sense unless they knew he wasn't the cop. Which, well, has a very different conclusion.

Bonatogether

#4363 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:19 am
Donny Dude wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:17 am
To add on, my brain is telling me that this could have been an attempt to out the cop by a scum hb.
I'm starting to think that Vecna's gut react that HB was trying to tie the wagons is right, and that we just read something else into it because of course we did, mafia would never be so blatant.
##vote hb

if hb is scum then worcej is scum

e.m.c^42

#4364 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 am

I think the greatest argument against me being scum is that there doesn't exist a world where I'd agree to Vecna NK, especially when he's townreading me lol

BunnyGo

#4365 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:20 am
BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Tad surprised at that NK.

Speak HamB, why the brain vote?

Anybody yet spot the differences between HBs list and previous reads. On phone and find it too difficult.

@Bunny anything to say?
What do you expect me to say?
Should we shoot Hamilton Brian next after we're done with Fluminator?
I dunno. You’d have to reread stuff in context to figure that out. I’ll take a read later if I have time.

Bonatogether

#4366 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 am
I think the greatest argument against me being scum is that there doesn't exist a world where I'd agree to Vecna NK, especially when he's townreading me lol
more wifom

damo666

#4367 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 am

BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Anybody yet spot the differences between HBs list and previous reads. On phone and find it too difficult.

@Bunny anything to say?
Can you confirm or deny who you may have scanned last night and what there alignment may or not be. Or not.

Donny Dude

#4368 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:22 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:21 am
Sure, but emc this reminds me nd ghug in m60 convincing Durga to kill someone. That person escapes me and I don't remember who it was, but durga did have some objections.

aarodactyl

#4369 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 am

President Eden wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

@Bunny anything to say?
Should we shoot Hamilton Brian next after we're done with Fluminator?
Ok. I gotta say. I was looking back at my original long post, and I had Fluminator down as town lean. And everything I've seen since has been NAI or townlean. Why are we so anti-flum? Was it the Durga pushing back against the early ghug vote? Because the only other thing I see is that flum ended on Bona, but we've gone back and forth over whether that's scummy.

President Eden

#4370 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

A) The scum were online at the deadline, saw HB's post where he didn't provide any fake reports and rapidly switched their kill to rdrivera (possibly because his fake reports *could* have been legit, which looks good for Jamie & Damo)

B) The scum never intended to kill HB, which really makes no sense unless they knew he wasn't the cop. Which, well, has a very different conclusion.
Scenario A only needs two mafia online to do it. emc and Donny insta-reacted to rivera dying. Makes you think.

BunnyGo

#4371 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

C) scum expected doctor to protect HB. Decided to kill him tomorrow.

Fluminator

#4372 Post by Fluminator » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

They could have assumed he was doc protected tonight, which there was a really high chance for.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4373 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

Donny Dude wrote:
List eon 3 by hb I think these are the two lists.

Town
Aaro
Pres eden
Jamie
Chaqa
celaph

Null
Damo
​Bona
bozo
Hr
Rdr
Bunny

Scum
Do​nny
Worcej
Emc
Flum

Other list I found on d2
And, as a matter of a starting point in letting you all know where I stand, there is this:
Reads as of D2. Definitely fluid and not ossified.
Tier 1 (would definitely not kill): President Eden, Jamie, myself
Tier 2 (would need a very convincing case to kill): aaro, worcej/durga, RDR
Tier 3 (ambivalent, could kill, could keep alive): bona, bozo, brain, celaph, damo, flum, emc, ghug, HR,
Tier 4 (remove them already): bunny, chaqa, donny, vecna

President Eden and Jamie: both fervent, big writing with explicit details, hammering for information. Emotion.

Aaro: questioning, exploring the conflict between others’ reads and their own feelings (see ghug). Post on page 128 is well thought-out. Really could see them up to tier 1.

Worcej: I think I was town-reading Durga; no, I definitely was. Her bailing out isn’t scum-indicative. She cut ties with our Webdip World team. However, Worcej gets the benefit of the doubt to at least get through another day or two. Sorry to hear about the Covid. That sucks. Rest up, heal up.

RDR: self-admittedly never a big “pusher” and that’s true here. I feel like RDR’s game really is to watch, draw their own conclusions, then press forward in that manner. Same is happening here. Challenging assumptions. Not a scum vibe from them and if I’m wrong, then I really have no business in this game. Jamie's suggestion in the post about HR voting has me second-guessing myself. Worth digging into.

Bona: need to dig more into the hate they are getting. Close to me in terms of post volume, so that isn’t scum indicative. Not getting depth in the posts though, so somewhat forgettable. This position might be changing.

Bozo: drives me crazy; pulled the coloured font business. Usually comes in with a big analytical reason for a decision, or to refute town’s decisions. Not seeing it thus far, but I think they’re a mid-game person. So, still waiting.

Celaph: questioning, commenting, good post on page 123. But…

Damo: feels different this game, can’t put my finger on it. Strong conviction (?) that D1 subs are scum.

Flum: nothing. Not a lot of digging from what I can read.

EMC: nothing. Daddy posts. Seems disinterested.

Ghug: Not sure what I am reading from them. Need to go back to some D2 posts that caught my eye, but right now, very null.

HR: Their D2 seems unremarkable, but I am interested in their Bona take. After some questioning, might shift HR up to 2 or down to 4.

Donny: standout is the D1 VCA moving to Maniac like they did. Getting a lot of asking for others’ reads instead of doing the work themselves. Not really putting themselves out there, which could be scum or PR play.

Chaqa: they should probably be in tier 3 but what stands out to me is naming players as scum without offering an explanation, not asking them questions. Opportunistic. Wondering why they remained on a vanity wagon. That looks suspicious.

Bunny: heavy-hitting day 1 with confrontational posts then disappearing into life. I get it. But the immediate shift in tone seems off to me; are they thinking, “I keep pushing like this I’m going to draw suspicion? Disappear then tone it down, rabbit.” We’ll see how the remainder of D2 goes.

Vecna: Bunny Go is locked in my basement. Usually strong and thoughtful play. This isn’t it.
So this post is from D2, not EoN3.

And if I put my conspiracy hat on, I notice that HB forgets to explain his read of brainbomb.

aarodactyl

#4374 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:

3) they weren't sure if HB was cop, so they figured they'd see his reports first. They could have agreed to all swap if HB gave valid reports.

Donny Dude

#4375 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:23 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:

Scenario A only needs two mafia online to do it. emc and Donny insta-reacted to rivera dying. Makes you think.
I was actually trying to get some emails out towards eod for college tuition to get paid. Eden you think scum saw that and flipped to rivera in less than a minute in their qt.

Fluminator

#4376 Post by Fluminator » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

President Eden wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

I also instantly reacted. If I'm you're top scum read why didn't you list my name there?

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4377 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

Fluminator wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

They could have assumed he was doc protected tonight, which there was a really high chance for.
I don't buy it. Even if that's true you just shoot HB regardless - Either it goes through or you clear the cop and shoot him tomorrow night.

e.m.c^42

#4378 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am

@Donny FYI there's a quote function even for copy/paste. Highlight the text then click quotation button, or type [ quote]text here[/quote] without the space in after the first bracket.
Like so. Formatting would improve readability greatly. Preview button helps if you aren't sure that you are doing it right.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4379 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:26 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:25 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:

3) they weren't sure if HB was cop, so they figured they'd see his reports first. They could have agreed to all swap if HB gave valid reports.
Taking this risk makes no sense with both the RB and the godfather dead.

This is a scumteam which has to eliminate the cop ASAP - Why on earth would they fuck around with WIFOM or wait to let him get more reports?

e.m.c^42

#4380 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 am

Lmao I certainly hope HB's vote wasn't something like pre-planned "if things go to shit let's just all buss brain" safety plan that flopped.