MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 63: THE SCOURGE [HIDDEN]

#4321 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:34 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:21 am
President Eden has forgotten about me.

*sob*
:lol:
You are also a Do Not Kill

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4322 Post by Hellenic Riot » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:11 am
EON3:

Do Not Kill:
aarodactyl
Bonatogether
BunnyGo
celaph
Chaqa
damo666
Donny Dude
Hamilton Brian (but only because Cop; if this is wrong somehow, grill him to figure out what he is)

Kill First:
e.m.c^42
Fluminator
rdrivera2005
Hellenic Riot

Kill Next:
bozotheclown
worcej

Hellenic Riot has done too much background appearing-helpful posting and not enough solving. I don't think he should be ahead of my initial called shots but he needs to have his feet put to the fire at least. If shooting the first three on that list doesn't win the game, HR should almost certainly be next. By the way, the kill list is in order of strength of read; I trust Chaqa's read on emc a lot, and I can still believe Durga was town and just fell for ghug's buddying, even if I think it's unlikely, so I'd put emc ahead of Fluminator. rivera has just stopped trying to solve the game right about the time that we started getting good info.

There's enough weirdness around bozo and worcej that I don't want to give them town clears. I still don't understand bozo's theory of the game, and my intuition is screaming at me that he is trying to make a predetermined narrative fit the facts, rather than earnestly hunting. worcej has been fine enough as a player, but I still can't really put it past ghug (and Durga, if that slot flips mafia, which I think it will) not to bus mafia ND at the start. I will say that worcej clamped down hard on ghug for good reasons -- one of the few ghug voters who had truly strong reasoning, I would add -- and did it early and didn't let it go. Honestly if you get to the point where you've killed everyone ahead of worcej and the game hasn't ended, then I've been wrong enough that reevaluating the "Do Not Kill" list is a good call anyway.

It's so obvious that I'm not Cop that I don't think it serves us any good to give a scans list. I'm not getting shot for a while anyway I'm pretty sure, unless I got scanned and the result is outed (at which point any scans list I'd give would be irrelevant).
Just how much solving do you expect me to be doing here? I instantly and correctly surmised that EoD2 made no sense whatsoever unless there were at least two scum wagons, and that brainbomb was basically guaranteed to be scum as a result. I'm pretty certain I was the first person to point this out. Seems pretty solvey to me.

I'm not going to keep analysing the same things - And I haven't really had any new information to start new processes since then; because all my last analyses were based on brainbomb being scum anyway. So my reads are pretty much the same as they were last night, except that the outside scenario of Bona being the godfather is now ruled out. And they will be until some new information arrives to instigate some more read-development.

Jamiet99uk

#4323 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:51 am

I need to go to bed.

I continue to scumread BunnyGo and I don't know how he claims to be "obvtown", he's not playing like his usual self at all. I scumread EMC.
I also have an increasing scumlean on Flubinator.

I continue to townread Hamilton Riot and Hellenic Brian and Aarodiddle.

I townlean President Eden though I am questioning if my initial strong townread on him was too strong. He's still in my town pool. I am now town-leaning on Bozo as I mentioned earlier, my read on him has definitely softened. Townleaning Celaph. I guess I have to mark Bonatogether as likely town also, because otherwise that EoD2 was ScumGhug v ScumBrain v Scum!Bonato and that just seems inplausible. Likewise Damo seems more likely town than not due to his voting.

I'm puzzled about Worcej. All through this long night he has made a lot of short one-sentence posts that don't seem to contribute much at all. The connection with Bozo I'm less sure of as I'm no longer scumreading Bozo.

Rdrivera and Chaqa are also people that exist.

Good luck and hopefully see you tomorrow.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4324 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:56 am

Look how many of us are kicking around at the deadline.

President Eden

#4325 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:57 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:56 am
Look how many of us are kicking around at the deadline.
The floor is yours

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4326 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 am

Alright, most of you that have played with me know I am crap with my reads.

Some shifts from my original list.

Town
Aaro
Pres eden
Jamie
Chaqa
celaph

Null
Damo
Bona
bozo
Hr
Rdr
Bunny

Scum
Donny
Worcej
Emc
Flum

Good luck, and hopefully be with you tomorrow.

damo666

#4327 Post by damo666 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:59 am

What????

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4328 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:59 am

So, my reads at this point.

Scum and could de scum are sorted from most scummy to less.

Town: Bonatogether, damo666, Hamilton Brian, Jamiet99uk
Probably Town: aarodactyl, BunnyGo, Chaqa, worcej
Could be scum: Hellenic Riot, bozotheclown, celaph, Donny Dude, President Eden
Scum: emc, Fluminator

In the unlikely event I am the cop I scanned Damo and Jamiet and get inno.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4329 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD

President Eden

#4330 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:00 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 am
Alright, most of you that have played with me know I am crap with my reads.

Some shifts from my original list.

Town
Aaro
Pres eden
Jamie
Chaqa
celaph

Null
Damo
Bona
bozo
Hr
Rdr
Bunny

Scum
Donny
Worcej
Emc
Flum

Good luck, and hopefully be with you tomorrow.
BRUH

Bonatogether

#4331 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:01 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:58 am

Null
Bona
You think there's a possibility that there could have been 3 scum on the block d2?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4332 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:01 am

HOLD PLEASE

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4333 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 am

CHAPTER 6

Jess raised her hand, doing anything she could to shield her face from the howling wind. She trudged through the snow which easily rose past her knees. She looked down at the compass affixed to her wrist. The compass was necessary to keep them on track. The combination of snow and wind made visibility a real problem. Glancing backward, Jess could only see the first three members of her Regiment following – the rest masked by the storm.

“Roll Call!” shouted Jess.

A chorus of names followed, one after another. Jess accounted for each and continued only after she faintly heard Private Annika Belt, who brought up the rear of the Regiment. She pushed forward. They should reach their destination soon - a small cave to the north where they would set up camp for the night.

Jess was already farther from the settlement than anyone had ever been. They were tasked with exploring north and finding out where these Scourge came from. The Settlement never had the numbers to embark on a risky expedition such as this, but circumstances had changed. The good news was that their population was slowly growing. Children were born every week. The bad news was that their hand had been forced by the Scourge who were becoming less predictable and more aggressive in where and when they attacked.

Jess had no idea what to expect when her mother had told her of the mission. She did not know what to look for and the only directions were to search to the north. Her engineers had mapped as much as they could, including the cave they planned to camp at. The goal was to report back any findings, and hopefully they would be able to bring the war to the doorstep of the Scourge.

The sight of the cave up ahead brought Jess out of her daydream. She could make out the entrance in the rising cliff that came into view in front of her. She was glad the coordinates on her compass had not let her down – it would have been impossible to find the cave without them. It was only about 30 meters in front of her, and the thought of getting out of the wind propelled her forward with some extra determination.

“AAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIII”

The shriek cut through the cold air.

Jess instinctively turned toward the sound but saw nothing but swirling snow.

“Continue forward! The cave is just ahead!” she yelled, plodding as quickly as she could through the snow. She finally made it to the cave entrance, feeling the immediate relief of getting out of the wind. She turned, knelt, and pulled the rifle from her shoulder.

“AAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIII”

The rest of the regiment was filing into the cave, one by one, but it was slow, and the shrieks were getting louder. Sam had now made it into the cave and positioned herself next to Jess at the entrance, her rifle also drawn and ready.

“How many left?” Jess shouted to Sam.

“Six behind me” she replied.

Suddenly a Scourge raced into Jess’s line of vision, towards one of her soldiers. Jess brought it down with a blast of rifle fire. More scourge raced into view, appearing out of nowhere in the blizzard. Sam and Jess continued firing, bringing down numerous beasts.

Several minutes passed until no more members entered the cave. Jess continued to scan what little she could see but did not see any more Scourge. The land had fallen eerily silent as well.

“Roll call” she shouted.

They ran through the names until an uncomfortable pause…

“Private Belt?” Jess shouted.

No response.

“Annika!”

Nothing.

Jess raced forward, back into the elements. She only needed to take a dozen steps before she saw it. An island of red in a sea of white. A body lay just meters away where Private Belk had crawled before bleeding out.

Jess turned, tears forming in her eyes, and made her way back to the cave.

RDRIVERA2005 HAS DIED. They were Private Annika Belt, A VANILLA TOWNIE

DAY 4 HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST

e.m.c^42

#4334 Post by e.m.c^42 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 am

Ah, farewell rivera.

Donny Dude

#4336 Post by Donny Dude » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:10 am

rip rivera.

President Eden

#4337 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:10 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:09 am
Ah, farewell rivera.
##VOTE e.m.c^42

Brian, I guess it's time to ask why you voted brainbomb after he hard claimed cop at EOD2.

aarodactyl

#4338 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 am

I guess that means HB isn't cop?

BunnyGo

#4339 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 am

##vote Flum

President Eden

#4340 Post by President Eden » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 am

I've got one slot open on my called mafia team to fill in... Brian seems like a decent bet at this point.