M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
aarodactyl

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#6981 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:14 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:02 am
Tom are you offended they killed EMC over you?
Tom is confirmed Vig, so VT. EMC could have been town PR. It's pretty much the same reason we killed bunny over jamie.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6982 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:11 am
##vote Jamie

With Maniac's opening for the day he should be strongly considered for tomorrow's daykill
As in you think he’s trying to fake confusion about EON?

Vecna

#6983 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:13 am
I'm looking over the setup a little bit more, and I thought it might be helpful to summarize what the current role situation looks like.

Town
-Vig: Tom (not confirmed but out of bullets anyways)
-Parity Cop: Neph (dead)
-Tracker: Durga (not dead, but no more actions)
-Jailer: Worcej (dead)
-Last Rites Priests (confirmed to exist but identity unknown)

This was the maximum number of roles that town could have, so there are none remaining

Mafia
-Blackmailer: Bunny (dead, confirmed)
-Smuggler: unknown, could not exist
-Roleblocker: unknown, could not exist
-Coordinator: unknown, could not exist

We have one confirmed goon, and Jamie is likely another goon. If we get any more goons, it will eat into possible mafia roles.

Here are my observations about all of this:
  • -Smuggler = goon now. There are no more or town-sided killing or investigative roles left.
    -If durga got info last night, then I don't think there's a roleblocker.
given town got the maximum roles, if fully expect scum to have received the same treatment since the setup was designed for a varying number of people, but we far exceeded the initial estimate of signups. This is pure speculation ofcourse, but it seems like the logical assumption.

Im guessing Durga is either reactingtesting, or scum tried to roleblock me or bozo hoping to find that protective.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6984 Post by ghug » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:18 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am
aarodactyl wrote:
I'm looking over the setup a little bit more, and I thought it might be helpful to summarize what the current role situation looks like.

Town

This was the maximum number of roles that town could have, so there are none remaining

Mafia

We have one confirmed goon, and Jamie is likely another goon. If we get any more goons, it will eat into possible mafia roles.

• -Smuggler = goon now. There are no more or town-sided killing or investigative roles left.
given town got the maximum roles, if fully expect scum to have received the same treatment since the setup was designed for a varying number of people, but we far exceeded the initial estimate of signups. This is pure speculation ofcourse, but it seems like the logical assumption.

Im guessing Durga is either reactingtesting, or scum tried to roleblock me or bozo hoping to find that protective.
Including bozo here is a weird flex.

Fluminator

#6985 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:19 am

So if the assassin kill isn't trackable, then they clearly had Jamiet do the normal nightkill, so there was nothing new durga could have captured other than the priest.

Fluminator

#6986 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:21 am

I'm assuming the mafia weren't dumb enough to send a roleblock on anyone other than Durga so.

Vecna

#6987 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:22 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:18 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 am
aarodactyl wrote:

Town

Mafia

Including bozo here is a weird flex.
I mean, ive been openly speculating that he's potentially playing such a lurky style because he's the last protective. And after that he suddenly starting to do stuff. Is it that weird?

aarodactyl

#6988 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:22 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:19 am
So if the assassin kill isn't trackable, then they clearly had Jamiet do the normal nightkill, so there was nothing new durga could have captured other than the priest.
That's super fair. I also missed that in the setup post, but it seems like ghug also missed it.

Vecna

#6989 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:23 am

Fluminator wrote:
well the other scum PR's, although using the smuggler at this stage would indeed be pwetty dumb.

Vecna

#6990 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:24 am

Fluminator wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:21 am
I'm assuming the mafia weren't dumb enough to send a roleblock on anyone other than Durga so.
This seems like the wrong type of assumption. If not using it on durga it could still be used to try narrow down the last protective.

aarodactyl

#6991 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 am

Fluminator wrote:
So essentially, Durga likely knows the priest, but of course shouldn't tell us. However, Durga was never going to learn anything last night anyways.

So the new info we have is that there's probably not a roleblocker, and that we have a priest. Also mafia used up their assassination when they didn't have to.

So we're killing Jamie today, and then durga will die EOD and mafia will likely kill Tom. Even though Tom will probably get last rites, if we assume they're dead (since it doesn't really matter for number that they get the extra day phase), we'll be at 14 total players with 3 mafia. That means we have 4 miskills lefts? Unless we get a 5th if priest stays in and gets a lucky save after the 4th miskill?

Yoyoyozo

#6992 Post by Yoyoyozo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:32 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:39 pm
It actually does feel like Yoyo is actively lurking at this point, rather than just not reading.
Have you considered the possibility that I was catching up lmao? I was at work but decided to take my break around EOD to read up a little and see what happened.

Are you and Vecna trying to sauce me up for a late game miskill? Hmmm

Vecna

#6993 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:35 am

yes, lather him up nicely

Vecna

#6994 Post by Vecna » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 am

Also this boohoo theyre trying to miskill me thing is not very helpful.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#6995 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:37 am

##vote Jamie

It would be pretty odd for the town to get the maximum number of PR's and the scum not to, but I guess speculating is pretty pointless there

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#6996 Post by ghug » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:38 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:31 am
Fluminator wrote:
So essentially, Durga likely knows the priest, but of course shouldn't tell us. However, Durga was never going to learn anything last night anyways.

So the new info we have is that there's probably not a roleblocker, and that we have a priest. Also mafia used up their assassination when they didn't have to.

So we're killing Jamie today, and then durga will die EOD and mafia will likely kill Tom. Even though Tom will probably get last rites, if we assume they're dead (since it doesn't really matter for number that they get the extra day phase), we'll be at 14 total players with 3 mafia. That means we have 4 miskills lefts? Unless we get a 5th if priest stays in and gets a lucky save after the 4th miskill?
Why would she necessarily know who the priest is?

The priest helped us last night in getting us a track (though I suspect Vecna may be right that she was reaction testing; why he'd say as much or out his PR reads I don't understand). The priest might help us marginally in giving us access to players for an extra day and slightly better numbers for a day, but when it would really help us again is MILO or KILO, when it might buy us an extra day, or at least prevents the scrim from outing themselves by voting together.

Vecna, are you becoming brainbomb?

Yoyoyozo

#6997 Post by Yoyoyozo » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:38 am

Vecna wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 am
Also this boohoo theyre trying to miskill me thing is not very helpful.
That wasn’t a “boo boo they’re trying to miskill me” I’m saying “you’re sus as fuck for trying to pick low hanging fruit even after I made it evident what I’m doing”

Fluminator

#6998 Post by Fluminator » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:39 am

Yeah, scum almost definitely have a roleblocker. This would be pretty townsided if they didn't.
They probably have all the scum PRs.

aarodactyl

#6999 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:41 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:38 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

The priest helped us last night in getting us a track (though I suspect Vecna may be right that she was reaction testing; why he'd say as much or out his PR reads I don't understand). The priest might help us marginally in giving us access to players for an extra day and slightly better numbers for a day, but when it would really help us again is MILO or KILO, when it might buy us an extra day, or at least prevents the scrim from outing themselves by voting together.

In hindsight, it was probably reaction testing. But if she saw someone that wasn't jamie, it was probably the priest.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7000 Post by ghug » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:42 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:41 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:38 am
aarodactyl wrote:

In hindsight, it was probably reaction testing. But if she saw someone that wasn't jamie, it was probably the priest.
But it's much more likely she tracked a random person not visiting than that she successfully hit the priest.