M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#1261 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:22 am

“Were you exaggerating...”

I hate when I can’t edit my autocorrect typos. It makes me crazy!

celaph

#1262 Post by celaph » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:12 am
Do you know brainbomb from somewhere?
Nope. You’ll note that I also haven’t questioned the use of HR or HB. Truth be told, I’ve lurked the non-mafia portions of the forum far longer than I would care to admit.
I'm trying to decide if it's suspect that you knew exactly why I was asking you about this....

If someone used BB as shorthand in this game and I didn't know who they were talking about, I'd assume it was Balki before brain.
To your first point, why else would you be asking about it?

If your second point is that I'm being a little presumptive in assuming that others know what BB means then you may be right that I should switch to Brain for clarity.

aarodactyl

#1263 Post by aarodactyl » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:13 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm

In terms of reads, I think voting off the new players is a good town strategy to be honest. I’m not advocating for it at all, but it does make me think flum could be town. Also I already don’t really like ND but I also don’t like the push to vote them out already, since it could be scum trying to start a bandwagon (or whatever term you use here for that).
Why do you think voting new players is a good town strategy?
Since they’re probably the hardest to read and will make the worst reads. So all in all, not great for town.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1264 Post by Maniac » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:37 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:06 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:37 am
Fluminator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 am
FOS Maniac as well, but he always gets daykilled anyway so not worried about him slipping through the cracks yet.
I was Nightkilled last game and without going over old games I’ve been nughtkilled before. Why are you lying?
Always doesn't necessarily mean always always.
Thanks for clearly clearing that up

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1265 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:46 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:

On the other hand, (1) “stirring things up” and seeking conflict seems to me to be generally town-indicative, (2) ND’a general style seems to be quite confrontational, which suggests NAI, and (3) I think it’s generally easier for scum to throw out town reads because they know so many people are town.

I find the “other hand” points to be a bit stronger than your reasons for scum reading ND. Can you talk about how you weigh all this and how strong your convictions are here?
(1) If there's a point to stirring things up, then yes, it can be pro-town. I personally am not seeing a point to the way he's been attacking people. It doesn't look like he's using people's reactions to form his reads, since his strongest scumread is apparently Vash for being a low poster.

(2) Yeah I think his personality is NAI.

(3) This is a good point, in general. I could see his general abrasiveness leading to him having a scum style that does shade everybody (does he?), but maybe that's confbias.

My convictions aren't particularly strong and I wouldn't bet the game on ND being scum, but it's more than I have to go on for most people.
Your explanation here sounds like you disagree with Neph’s description of what’s in the thread. That is — whether or not there were triggers that may have set off ND, and whether ND’s reaction to censorship fits into the “triggers” category.

I am not convinced by your reasoning here. First, I think the stuff you disagree with Neph on is pretty subjective. I don’t think Neph’s descriptions of the thread that you highlight are obviously wrong. Second, weak reasons and shifting explanations are not necessarily scum-indicative. Townies are flailing around. Their reasons can shift. Their articulations of their reasons can shift even more. You conclude that inaccurate or shifting descriptions of the thread seem “inorganic,” but I’m not sure the things you point to are more likely to come from a manufactured process (scum) rather than a sincere but flailing-around-in-the-dark process (town).

Thoughts?
(1) It's not really that subjective, though? Neph said "The trigger was the disagreements they were having" and when asked who ND was disagreeing with he backed out of that and said the change in tone came with talking about censoring.

(2) And it's not the inaccuracies I find inorganic, it's how it seems to me like he started with an assumption about ND when there wasn't anything in the game (that I found) that justifies that assumption. I get that you're saying townies flail around when they're trying to figure something out, but so do scum when they can't back up their statements. I'm feeling like this is more the second case.

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1266 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am

celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 am
kgray wrote:
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:09 am

Nope. You’ll note that I also haven’t questioned the use of HR or HB. Truth be told, I’ve lurked the non-mafia portions of the forum far longer than I would care to admit.
I'm trying to decide if it's suspect that you knew exactly why I was asking you about this....

If someone used BB as shorthand in this game and I didn't know who they were talking about, I'd assume it was Balki before brain.

If your second point is that I'm being a little presumptive in assuming that others know what BB means then you may be right that I should switch to Brain for clarity.
My second point was because when you cut out your post from my reply, I misremembered the context and assumed it was Vecna who'd said BB and you interpreted that as brain.

But now this is even weirder to me that you used BB as shorthand for brain when I haven't seen people do that much...

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1267 Post by kgray » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:13 am
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 pm

In terms of reads, I think voting off the new players is a good town strategy to be honest. I’m not advocating for it at all, but it does make me think flum could be town. Also I already don’t really like ND but I also don’t like the push to vote them out already, since it could be scum trying to start a bandwagon (or whatever term you use here for that).
Why do you think voting new players is a good town strategy?
Since they’re probably the hardest to read and will make the worst reads. So all in all, not great for town.
I don't think any of those statements is accurate, fwiw.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1268 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:07 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:49 am
I also can't wait to hear more from RDR.

Still see worce as town? On as scale of 0 to 5, where would they rate?

Do you have a read on why ND is leading a kill of Vasht so early in the game?

On an off-game note, would love to get your 1st person perspective of Brazilian politics. I think it's a crime that the social studies textbooks we had in the 70s declared the cultivation of the rainforests a plus for mankind.
I am struggling to catch up, it seems like I always have 10 pages to read.

Yes, I still think Worcej is likely town. Maybe a 3.

Like I said to bb, there is no reason to scum read Vash over 2 posts other then um being lurking. But I think it's better you ask ND.

I would love to discuss Brazilian politics, but this isn't probably the appropriate place. Rainforest preservation is a big issue with our current lunatic government that denies global warming and climate changes and are bound to big agricultural lobbyists.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1269 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:19 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:23 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:38 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm
not to mention ND is the one leading a charge on vash for god only knows why. I dont think theres enough to really say much about vash yet
Vash posted nothing significant so I can't see why you are talking about him.
If we want to policy lynch a lurker, Yoyo is a far better choice.
Why? What's different about them?
Yoyo is usually a big lurker and was frequently replaced or modkilled, as far as I remember.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1270 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:28 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:07 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:04 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 am
(blah blah blah)

Yoyo, bozo, and Chaqa done jack after 2 days, although I would put this as slightly town, cause mafia are the ones who need to prove their non-scumminess, and they need a solid track record to come out on top against actual townies.
Why did you pick these three as the ones who've done jack?
I looked at peterbot, and they seemed like the ones that people expected more posts from. Vashta and Dargo haven't been mentioned in ages.
Maybe because Dargo is a GM? And Vashta have been mentioned a lot more then his appearance. Weird post.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1271 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:41 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:57 am
celaph wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:23 am
kgray wrote:

My second point was because when you cut out your post from my reply, I misremembered the context and assumed it was Vecna who'd said BB and you interpreted that as brain.

But now this is even weirder to me that you used BB as shorthand for brain when I haven't seen people do that much...
I always reference Brainbomb as BB and I think most vet people also do it.

Nephthys

#1272 Post by Nephthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:56 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:57 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:02 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm
I don't especially buy ND 'just being himself' seeing as his attacks have gone beyond the usual people he always fights with and onto people like me who always had a tolerable and relatively amiable relationship with him, but maybe I just erased more about him from my memory
I dunno, with him from what I recall theres a clear trigger, escalation and resolution of his anger, it seems natural
What was the clear trigger/escalation/resolution of his anger that seemed natural to you in this game?
Bruh I've already clarified I misspoke about the trigger and rephrased it to be about the conversation topic. Move on please

Nephthys

#1273 Post by Nephthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:09 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:15 am
Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:58 am
Still on P42 but I dislike ghugs play

It seems like he cant decide on a character to play

The important bit being that its fake

He's acting

To investigate further

##vote ghug
I’d like you to flesh this out more please.

Have you played with ghug before? What about his posts seems like acting? Can you tell us what posts in particular leave you with that impression?

Also, I think there is some character/schtick/persona stuff that many people put on as both town and scum. Do you agree with that? Do you think that what you’ve seen from ghug specifically suggests that it is performance art from Scum!ghug? Can you explain?
1. Yes
2. I don't see a logical, human flow of emotion from him which therefore pushes me towards suspecting acting
3. Its more the combination of many of his posts. I suppose you could also rephrase it as, compared to ND (whom I have been vocal about having a flow of emotion) I see ghug as town
4. Yes but its more likely as scum, town have less reason to act. Please don't get into the whole PR might act cause its BS

Nephthys

#1274 Post by Nephthys » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:09 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:20 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:18 am
In my continuing attempts to bring out players, to my favourite: @kgray, do teacon and vecna still rate highly for you as scum? Why?

Your vote currently sits on ND. Why, when they're not a solid scumread of yours?
I didn't like Vecna's reaction to bozo's post. It just seemed like a bozo version of a shitpost and Vecna trying to make it out to be some distracting scumploy was kind of ridiculous, and made me wonder if he was just looking for reasons to keep moving his vote around. Not much else is bothering me since then.

Teacon's started asking more questions and isn't just talking about drinking, but so far I'm not really getting a very investigative vibe from him. Still, he's participating in the game more than he was so I'm down to null on him.

I think ND is pretty scummy and I also don't particularly like him.

Newest scumread is Neph, not getting good vibes from him at all.
Loves a cheeky OMGUS

Vecna

#1275 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:03 am

Nephthys wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:18 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:41 pm
Oh, does anyone else take notes, write stuff down, related to the game? Anyone have a template they employ? If you have a link, can you send it via PM? I'm trying to streamline the way I track this voluminous material.

Like in the section on brainbomb, I have written null/scumlean in one column.
In the evidence column I have written: claiming to tunnel me, shading me as scum (throwing out a morsel to see if anyone else bites?).

If that keeps up it's going to be a large document by the time...well, let's hope we get lucky and Daykill the 6 scum sequentially.
Hasn't this guy played a few games before?

Whack that its only coming up now
An interesting observation that I was also thinking about

Vecna

#1276 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:27 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 am
Getting really good vibes from Neph. Can't wait for our date 😍
This probably means he is scum

brainbomb

#1277 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:31 am

Im off today at 1 hour before end of day.
Otherwise im gonna be swamped busy working at office depot. Or at least supposedly were gonna be very busy.

Vecna

#1278 Post by Vecna » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:32 am

Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:30 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:18 am
Durga wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:48 am
Flum why haven't you wow'd me with your brilliance yet?? I'm waiting
Haven't you said this day one like every game since Flum started playing again?
Hmmmm. I don't think so
its pretty close though

brainbomb

#1279 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:33 am

My ginal thoughts are that teacon, hamiltonb, are my two most preferred eliminations.

brainbomb

#1280 Post by brainbomb » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am

morning veccy