M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ND

Re: M62: PEOPLE'S DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF REVOLUTIONARY MAFIA GAME THREAD!

#921 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:25 pm
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:13 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm
I don't especially buy ND 'just being himself' seeing as his attacks have gone beyond the usual people he always fights with and onto people like me who always had a tolerable and relatively amiable relationship with him, but maybe I just erased more about him from my memory
It is true, I do respect you as a player, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on your ego HR. You do have a big one and that should say something coming from me.
Sure - But then if you were calling me out based solely on this game, why were you demanding to know why people weren't questioning me without actually having any questions for me yourself?
Because, HR, this community has an issue with letting some people slip around. Make a post and then disappear for the rest of the day especially on Day 1. When I did my read on you last night you had not posted much. I thought this may be the case. It is the case right now for some people that I also listed in that post such as Vashta. Vashta enters the game late, asks if the bot works (easily verifiable by him and doesn't necessitate a post) and then vanishes.

worcej

#922 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:30 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:48 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:49 am
And I am stiil on page 21 (just for my own reference) and have to work (we don't have Turkey's here and probably not that much to be thankful). Will catch up later.
Well, I for one am thankful that you’re doing good.

Also - this isn’t just limited to rdr. Wholesome post: I am thankful that this community continues to go strong and we have mafia games year round.

Thanks. I personally have a lot of things to be grateful.

I was talking about my country that unfortunately have a lot of problems currently.
Yeah, you mentioned this in the past. I am not privy to what is happening in Brazil but I am sure it is far worse than anything most of us have to deal with...

Jamiet99uk

#923 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:30 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:09 pm
It also appears in the flavour text introducing the game.

Should I deduce that the first place you read it was in your Role PM?
My point is you only brought it up in the post immediately after claiming to read your PM. Then suggested otherwise. Of course it’s listed in the game, I quoted that. It was weird and surprisingly unJamie in specificity and attention to detail. I’d have expected you to talk about votes counting if you got a town PM. It’s why I was prompting you to talk, I wanted to observe the transition.
What about "vote counting"? Sorry I think I'm missing the point you're trying to make here.

worcej

#924 Post by worcej » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:30 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:29 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:13 pm

It is true, I do respect you as a player, but that doesn't mean I can't comment on your ego HR. You do have a big one and that should say something coming from me.
Sure - But then if you were calling me out based solely on this game, why were you demanding to know why people weren't questioning me without actually having any questions for me yourself?
Because, HR, this community has an issue with letting some people slip around. Make a post and then disappear for the rest of the day especially on Day 1. When I did my read on you last night you had not posted much. I thought this may be the case. It is the case right now for some people that I also listed in that post such as Vashta. Vashta enters the game late, asks if the bot works (easily verifiable by him and doesn't necessitate a post) and then vanishes.
Also the bot had been posted prior to his post...

damo666

#925 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:00 pm
ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:58 pm
“Ok vote ND with me to end my suffering then” (Durga)

Why don’t you actually play the game instead of voting people you personally dislike? This is what makes you a bad player. Get offended :)

“Why are people stunned to see a high volume game in a game with 26 players... some of which haven't played in a while and just like to talk.” (Brainbomb)

Because a lot of these simpleton’s don’t read the game or care to do so. They just sign up to waste other people's time.

“For you, anything.” (Ghug)

Garbage

“Yes, because I clearly hate when there's lots of posting.” (ghug)

You say this sarcastically, but apparently you do.

“I have already realized I need to interact with ND as little as possible…” (Kgray)

Why don’t you want to interact with all the players? Myself included?

“So am I bad, annoying, or annoyingly bad? Which is it?” (worcej)

He doesn’t have an answer to that contradiction because he is a poor player that just follows along or votes for personal dislikes. He doesn’t have anything valid to contribute to the game.

“You cannot be blaming this on me teacon lol”

Yes, no one can ever blame you for anything. If so, they are the devil. /sarcasm

“Let's kill ND then. I really disagree with people (Celaph, for one) who say that he's trying to solve or be productive or anything, he's just attacking people and scumreading everyone. And you're right, scum can hide behind it so they're never going to kill him” (kgray)

So far, I have seen ZERO, actual contributions from this person. Absolutely none. They plopped a vote on me because ghug was sniffing around about it. Now, they are hijacking this train of logic after someone else brought it up a page or two earlier. How about you contribute something useful to the game? No one cares about you repeating something someone else said. Say something in your own voice.
"simpleton's"
ND is not the best at apostrophes but that one is particularly hilarious.

ND

#926 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Hilarious

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#927 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 pm

With reference to kgray, they play scum exceptionally well and give the illusion of hunting. I wish I could identify any tells as a result of the experiences I've had.

In the last game, if I had stuck to my gut instinct about the D1 VCA, it might have led to something.

aarodactyl

#928 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm

teacon7 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:55 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:29 am
I haven't played on this forum before, but I played a fair bit in college. Not with nearly this many roles though.
Nice to meet you aarodactyl. Happy Thanksgiving.

Have you read any of the games here?
What do you expect will be the hardest part about finding scum in a forum game instead of a live game?
How do you scumhunt in live games, and is that adaptable to this format?

Same goes for @bonatogether and @celaph, but I guess I also want to know what your mafia/werewolf experience is too.
I haven’t read any of the games here. I’ve debated doing it in the past but it seems like it would take a long time given all the volume.

I’m a little concerned about different players blurring together, since I don’t have people to associate them with. Also the sheer volume of posts is going to make figuring out signals hard.

To be honest, I’m not great a hard reads so I usually like to try to think about reads in terms of roles in live games.

ND

#929 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm

but on a side note you pointing that out shows me that you read the game :)

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#930 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:28 pm
Well that's a lot I had to skim through. This might be the most insane first half of Day 1 I've been a part of. It's going to require some ISOs through the bot.

I'll read through the setup again, but I don't think there's a "truthiness" role to detect any lies. Probably not a lot to be gained if we do the whole, "I am a member of the PDR party and hope all Eden Loyalists, and their collaborators, are caught and slowly executed for their crimes against PDR" thing.
Are you a communist?

damo666

#931 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:11 pm
To answer Jamie's weird question, yes I am a member of the People's Democratic Republic. Are you going to proceed to ask everyone this question or only me?
Told you he was town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#932 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm
ND wrote:
To answer Jamie's weird question, yes I am a member of the People's Democratic Republic. Are you going to proceed to ask everyone this question or only me?
Told you he was town.
How does this make him town?

ND

#933 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:37 pm

Are you a communist Ghug?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#934 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:38 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Are you a communist?
I am a comrade and a communist.

Are you an Eden loyalist?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#935 Post by ghug » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:38 pm

ND wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Are you a communist Ghug?
Yes.

I'm also town in this game.

ND

#936 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Good long live Marx, Engels, Lenin, Mao, Stalin, Sanders, Biden and Castro

damo666

#937 Post by damo666 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:43 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:34 pm
ND wrote:
Told you he was town.
How does this make him town?
I was being silly. :eyeroll:

teacon7

#938 Post by teacon7 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:45 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:33 pm
I haven’t read any of the games here. I’ve debated doing it in the past but it seems like it would take a long time given all the volume.

I’m a little concerned about different players blurring together, since I don’t have people to associate them with. Also the sheer volume of posts is going to make figuring out signals hard.

To be honest, I’m not great a hard reads so I usually like to try to think about reads in terms of roles in live games.
Agree re: post volume. That'll get better after the holidays, I think. What signals amid the noise have you noted so far? Are you looking for roles here? How much do you think meta should play into read of alignment?

aarodactyl

#939 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:48 pm

@flum

I wasn’t seriously voting you. Being new, I have absolutely no reads on anyone. The only player I know is bunny and I think he would have shared that resource regardless of alignment. I’ve also never played mafia with him.

##unvote

Now that people are trying to make reads and not just trying to increase their post count, I’ll try to contribute. However, I’m not sure what value I’ll be able to add on d1

ND

#940 Post by ND » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:49 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:48 pm
@flum

I wasn’t seriously voting you. Being new, I have absolutely no reads on anyone. The only player I know is bunny and I think he would have shared that resource regardless of alignment. I’ve also never played mafia with him.

##unvote

Now that people are trying to make reads and not just trying to increase their post count, I’ll try to contribute. However, I’m not sure what value I’ll be able to add on d1
It's called reading the game, note-taking, questioning anything that looks fishy. Like your post right there. You signed up for this game you should know that it is reading game and you are expected to make reads. So what is your read of the game.