MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#941 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Let's look back at our dead comrades Bozo and Xorxes. Town often forget the wisdom of dead players.

At the point of his death, Bozo was scumreading: Rdrivera, Ezio, Peterlund, Teacher, RagingIke, Dargorygel.

At the point of his death, Xorxes was scumreading: Balki, Telamor, Peterlund, Rdrivera

Bozo was townreading: TrPrado

Xorxes was townreading: RagingIke, Dargorygel, Teacher, TrPrado, Yavuzovic, Jamiet, DrCJG, Thamrick and DemonRHK

Common Scumreads: Peterlund, Rdrivera
Common Townread: TrPrado

Hmm.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#942 Post by peterlund » Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Telamor wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:30 am
VT - Vanilla Townie
PR - Power Role
EoN/EoD - End of Night/Day
OMGUS - I can't even guess at that one tbh.
As I said earlier. I want it to be easy for newbies to join their first game here and play with us.

So now I have added a new page describing the basic Mafia Lingo and Abbreviations. The link is found on the front page next to the PlayerVoting page.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/MafiaLingoAndAbbrevs.html

snowy801

#943 Post by snowy801 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:04 pm

##vote trprado
something feels odd about my boy slayer
not really sure what it is. Let me chew on it

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#944 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm
Let's look back at our dead comrades Bozo and Xorxes. Town often forget the wisdom of dead players.

At the point of his death, Bozo was scumreading: Rdrivera, Ezio, Peterlund, Teacher, RagingIke, Dargorygel.

At the point of his death, Xorxes was scumreading: Balki, Telamor, Peterlund, Rdrivera

Bozo was townreading: TrPrado

Xorxes was townreading: RagingIke, Dargorygel, Teacher, TrPrado, Yavuzovic, Jamiet, DrCJG, Thamrick and DemonRHK

Common Scumreads: Peterlund, Rdrivera
Common Townread: TrPrado

Hmm.
Could you point me to where Bozo scumread me, other then the joke vote? I really don´t remember it and I think you are fabricating it just after I vote you. Quite interesting.

Jamiet99uk

#945 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 12, 2018 3:15 pm

When did Bozo say he was joking?

snowy801

#946 Post by snowy801 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:41 pm

if anyone has strong feelings on reedeer1 I invite you to share them with me

Telamor

#947 Post by Telamor » Sat May 12, 2018 3:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:25 pm
I also dislike Telamor, defensive posts and it look like he is just being too carefull with what he writes. This is the lurker new player I think we will need to flip sooner or later.
I'm not sure I'd term myself a lurker. Last I checked Peter's brilliant little bot I was the fourth most prolific poster of the day. Would you mind explaining what you mean by my posts being careful? I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from with that comment.

Telamor

#948 Post by Telamor » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

peterlund wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:00 pm
As I said earlier. I want it to be easy for newbies to join their first game here and play with us.

So now I have added a new page describing the basic Mafia Lingo and Abbreviations. The link is found on the front page next to the PlayerVoting page.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/MafiaLingoAndAbbrevs.html
Cheers Pete, your bot is really useful now I'm starting to figure things out.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#949 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:41 pm
if anyone has strong feelings on reedeer1 I invite you to share them with me
@Snowy, my only feeling on reeder is that he is not Scum with RagingIke, based on voting D1. So if RagingIke flips Scum, Reedeer is very likely to be Town.

So I don’t want to lynch Reedeer now.

Telamor

#950 Post by Telamor » Sat May 12, 2018 3:55 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Far more likely that scum James realised that he dug himself in an unfavorable rhetorical hole and pounced on the earliest opportunity to jump ship
Hey I had a quick look back over some of Jamie's posts and I'm not sure I see what you mean Snow. Would you mind laying it out more clearly for me?

Telamor

#951 Post by Telamor » Sat May 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:01 pm
Fuck it, I gave Slushy the benefit of the doubt because the twat made a comment I assumed was sincere.

If you're actually now claiming that remark *was* a joke, then I'm sorry for taking you seriously. I won't make that mistake again.

Prick.

@@VOTE SNOWY
Is this a flash of the old Jamie I've heard so much about?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#952 Post by ghug » Sat May 12, 2018 4:17 pm

Old Jamie never left, tbh.

Tela, can you describe what you think you should be trying to accomplish at this point in the game and how you're going about doing that?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#953 Post by TrPrado » Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 11:42 am
Are you dense? I think it was very clear my vote on Ezio was a pressure vote. You should know perfectly well by now that I dislike non-participation and will often pressure people who don't take part - and you will note that when Ezio appeared, and began to participate, I took my vote off him.
Yes, I did notice. I explicitly put in past tense parentheticals because you did.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
What was "ridiculous" about Snowy's observation? I believe Snowy was making a sincere comment and not a joke at all. It was an observation in a similar vein to the points Balki has been making, about RagingIke coming across as someone pretending to be town, rather than someone acting with the conviction that he *is* town. Words mean things - and the words we choose can reveal things about our thoughts, both conscious and subconscious. That observation was the one potentially insightful thing Snowy has contributed this whole game. Why are you so sure he was joking?
I take I don't REALLY have to answer this now. But it was pretty clearly something not to take seriously. Do you genuinely and seriously imagine a member of the scum team is going to make a mistake like that? No. As you said, the words we choose reveal things, and scum are inherently more careful in that regard. Assuming Ike would slip by saying, in essence, he's not retracting his claim does nothing but showcase a low opinion of Ike.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
With regard to Peterlund I have explained my suspicion of him. During D1 he was frequently present, and he posted quite a few times, but those posts were completely lacking in substance, and were mostly questions or statements about his Bot program or issues of game mechanics and Mafia nomenclature of trifling unimportance - plus that post where he claimed not to know what basic terms like "NAI" meant despite having played many times and observed several other games.

All of this added up to give me the impression of Peter trying to appear involved on D1 without actually saying anything.
Nobody on this site says "NAI" and this is the first time I've seen abbreviations for "not alignment indicative" because everyone, myself included, has simply typed out the phrase. Regarding game mechanics and infrequent nomenclature, people ask about these sorts of things every game. What's the big deal?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Then there was his OMGUS vote on me on P.22.

Now he's zealously pushing this case on Balki which as I have observed is based on very weak foundations, including crucially an assumption about what Xorxes was going to say about Balki in the future (which of course is nonsense).

I hope this is of assistance.
So a significant part of your prior push on peter was due to a "lack of substance," and now that there is substance you simply dislike, correct? Does one outweigh the other here? Regarding that substance, what about peter saying he thinks xorxes would push Balki is nonsense? Balki was one of the four people xorxes said he had a scumread on. Whether or not either of us agree, it being nonsense would require it being based on nothing at all.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#954 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Telamor wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 2:25 pm
I also dislike Telamor, defensive posts and it look like he is just being too carefull with what he writes. This is the lurker new player I think we will need to flip sooner or later.
I'm not sure I'd term myself a lurker. Last I checked Peter's brilliant little bot I was the fourth most prolific poster of the day. Would you mind explaining what you mean by my posts being careful? I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from with that comment.
This is exactly what I meant with the defensive. You seems to post only when someone ask you a thing or talk about you. If someone says I am lurker, so be it, I don't need to get stats and prove I am not. Unless you are a wagon going to be myslinched, then you fight against it. I am not voting you, I am not pushing you as our today's lynch, as I think it will give little info, I just want to share my impressions when I was reading the thread.
I suggest you start doing the same instead of worrying with what people think of you.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#955 Post by TrPrado » Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 pm

It seems I forgot to point out to Jamie he never answered one of the more important parts of my questions

Jamie: Why was Ezio the one you felt should have been pressured over any other of the lurkers?

snowy801

#956 Post by snowy801 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:54 pm

I find something amusing and would like to share it with you

The biggest lie I've ever seen uttered in mafia, ever, be it scum, town, fake claimants, PR lies, et al is the following:

"I'll be able to help more when we have a few days of info to work with." - Chaqa 2018

Jamiet99uk

#957 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 12, 2018 4:54 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
What was "ridiculous" about Snowy's observation? I believe Snowy was making a sincere comment and not a joke at all. It was an observation in a similar vein to the points Balki has been making, about RagingIke coming across as someone pretending to be town, rather than someone acting with the conviction that he *is* town. Words mean things - and the words we choose can reveal things about our thoughts, both conscious and subconscious. That observation was the one potentially insightful thing Snowy has contributed this whole game. Why are you so sure he was joking?
I take I don't REALLY have to answer this now. But it was pretty clearly something not to take seriously. Do you genuinely and seriously imagine a member of the scum team is going to make a mistake like that? No. As you said, the words we choose reveal things, and scum are inherently more careful in that regard. Assuming Ike would slip by saying, in essence, he's not retracting his claim does nothing but showcase a low opinion of Ike.
So, TrPrado, do you conclude that Ike must be town?

Jamiet99uk wrote:
With regard to Peterlund I have explained my suspicion of him. During D1 he was frequently present, and he posted quite a few times, but those posts were completely lacking in substance, and were mostly questions or statements about his Bot program or issues of game mechanics and Mafia nomenclature of trifling unimportance - plus that post where he claimed not to know what basic terms like "NAI" meant despite having played many times and observed several other games.

All of this added up to give me the impression of Peter trying to appear involved on D1 without actually saying anything.
Nobody on this site says "NAI" and this is the first time I've seen abbreviations for "not alignment indicative" because everyone, myself included, has simply typed out the phrase. Regarding game mechanics and infrequent nomenclature, people ask about these sorts of things every game. What's the big deal?
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Then there was his OMGUS vote on me on P.22.

Now he's zealously pushing this case on Balki which as I have observed is based on very weak foundations, including crucially an assumption about what Xorxes was going to say about Balki in the future (which of course is nonsense).

I hope this is of assistance.
So a significant part of your prior push on peter was due to a "lack of substance," and now that there is substance you simply dislike, correct? Does one outweigh the other here? Regarding that substance, what about peter saying he thinks xorxes would push Balki is nonsense? Balki was one of the four people xorxes said he had a scumread on. Whether or not either of us agree, it being nonsense would require it being based on nothing at all.
[/quote]

[/quote]

First of all, yes it is correct that on D1 I primarily scumread Peter because he was posting a lot, but with no substance, in a manner which to me suggested he was attempting to look involved, without having any opinions or saying anything that might incriminate him.

It is not D1 anymore and things have moved on. Now Peter has created a long-winded case against Balki which I do not believe - and which I am not sure that Peter believes. So I continue to scumread him, even though the situation is evolving.

Finally I do think it's important to answer the last part. The thing which I am calling "nonsense" is a specific element of Peter's Balki case. Xorxes said that Balki was a "scumlean" for him. The phrase Xorx used was that Balki was "scumish and not full scum". Peter has claimed that Xorxes was "soon" going to upgrade this to a hard full-on scumread. But Xorxes did not do that before he died, so Peter is claiming to be able to predict what Xorxes would have said if he'd remained alive, in a way that I don't find convincing.

Jamiet99uk

#958 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 12, 2018 4:57 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:49 pm
It seems I forgot to point out to Jamie he never answered one of the more important parts of my questions

Jamie: Why was Ezio the one you felt should have been pressured over any other of the lurkers?
1. I can only vote for one person at a time, and

2. I found it odd that Ezio made his usual "No Lynch" vote, *but* that it was not accompanied by the argument he usually posts in favour of this doomed strategy. He just popped the No Lynch vote in, with no comment - despite the presence of several new players who might have been credulous enough to go with the idea this time. It seemed like he was deliberately keeping a low profile.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#959 Post by peterlund » Sat May 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm
@Snowy, my only feeling on reeder is that he is not Scum with RagingIke, based on voting D1. So if RagingIke flips Scum, Reedeer is very likely to be Town.
So I don’t want to lynch Reedeer now.
So are you now proposing town to flip Ike, in order to figure out Reedeer's alignment? Would it not be easier to just flip Reedeer instead?

This sounds exactly like Balki is proposing us to go forward with the Scum master plan to let town do the scum team's dirty work. I am starting to guess that Ike flips town. Let's lynch Balki today! ##VOTE Balki

snowy801

#960 Post by snowy801 » Sat May 12, 2018 5:01 pm

god damn it pete I'd just concluded you were town 5 minutes ago