MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#361 Post by thamrick » Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:47 pm
@Thamrick
Waiting to respond until you get those reads out, I'll post the Ezio questions again but if people are actually reading they should see them
Do you want other people to see your questions, or just Ezio?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#362 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 09, 2018 5:01 pm

GM NOTE:
Please use GM vote count as official vote count. I will do my best to update as much as possible, especially near deadline. I am counting Stressedline’s vote as a valid vote, but it is not being picked up in the bot, so be aware. [Stressed, if you can revote with no space like so: “##vote <name>" that would be helpful as syntax is important in keeping the bot accurate which many folks find helpful]

Vote Count 1.3

TrPrado (3): Telamor, peterlund, DrCJG
Ezio (3): dargorygel, bozotheclown, teacher2
Ghug (2): Chaqa, snowy801
No-Lynch (2): Ezio, yavuzovic
RagingIke297 (2): Balki Bartokomous, ghug
Telamor (2): xorxes, Stressedlines
Xorxes (1): rdrivera2005
Bozotheclown (1): thamrick
Reedeer1 (1): DemonRHK
Thamrick (1): RagingIke297
Peterlund (1): Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk (1): TrPrado

Reedeer1 has yet to vote. All players must vote before EOD or they will be replaced.

Currently nobody is set to be lynched

There are 5 hours left in D1

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#363 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 09, 2018 5:10 pm

I don’t understand the TrPrado wagon. Can someone please pass me the CliffsNotes?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#364 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Telamor followed Jamie, presumably as a joke, and hasn't shown back up since. Peter cast a random vote for me. DrCJG seems to think I had an odd interaction and failed to answer a question that I very much did answer.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#365 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:29 pm
Care to elaborate Prado? You don't agree with my meta analisys or you don't agree Jamiet is all around instead of tunneling.
It's a few different things. The first thing that came to mind is that neither of those things you listed were particularly aspects I would look forward to from any member of the town. A lot of people in here know I have a meta disposition to question using meta as the sole reason to judge someone's alignment, even during D1, and because neither of those qualities are things I want to see in general he deserves to be called out.

Second is that he's thrown around a lot of white noise making it difficult to attribute him into one category or the other. You could think he's flip-floppy, but he's also tunneled a certain peterbot in particular.

Third is I don't feel he can be given the designation of town, obviously, because he seems pretty scummy. It looks like Balki is starting to see where I'm coming from on this as well. A lot of what Jamie has been saying comes across as fake, like he's trying to push some sort of persona. He's made more posts claiming he isn't angry than he has trying to actually push the game in some real direction. And that's odd considering he has the second most posts. His push on peter is absolute rubbish and I don't see how he can possibly think the reasoning he's been using to push peter is an actual reason to scumread someone.

RagingIke297

#366 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:43 pm

@ Balki

My scum reads for now:

Thamrick: Reasons explained earlier, he has been talking to me now and answering questions so this may change based on reads he owes me

Snowy: He's being weird, he's posted a decent amount but I feel like if all his posts were taken out of the game we wouldn't be worse off. He put a vote on ghug with no explanation, I don't necessarily care who he votes for, but I want to know why

Yav: Someone mentioned it earlier, Yav seems much more calm than he normally is and much less forceful about his convictions. I'm honestly shocked to see him vote no lynch because he can't find someone that has enough scumread in his head to vote for them.

Those are my higher conviction picks, I feel like at least one is hiding in Peter, Bozo, Reeder, RHK, Chaqa, Ezio but lack of posts/questions/answers from these people doesn't give me a good feel on who I should be looking at.

teacher2

#367 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm

From the VC, Im happy where I am at least until Ezio posts (lurking with the biggest wagon in the late afternoon kinda sucks, regardless of alignment).

I can move to (no-lynch, Reedeer, or PeterLund) if I can stir up a consensus -- all those people who have towned Demon want to sheep him? Anyone want to buy into the 75+% is terrible odds argument Ezio never bothered to make?

One note to TrPrado - much though I like you, I dont think Jamie's vote sucks. Peter didnt simply ask for a definition (neutral). He had a pretty naked personal attack in there too. Given the rapier wit comments, I view an AtE (appeal to emotion) as somewhat contrary to intelligent nordic peaceloving. That (and the lack of content) is why he is in my PoE.

My own personal deadline is 5:15 Eastern due to commute. So anyone wants me to move in my pool, speak up.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#368 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm
One note to TrPrado - much though I like you, I dont think Jamie's vote sucks. Peter didnt simply ask for a definition (neutral). He had a pretty naked personal attack in there too. Given the rapier wit comments, I view an AtE (appeal to emotion) as somewhat contrary to intelligent nordic peaceloving. That (and the lack of content) is why he is in my PoE.
Put yourself in peter's shoes there. If you've never seen those terms abbreviated in that way and they fly over your head, there are only so many ways to react. What about the way he reacted marks him more specifically as scum? The dude has 6 posts, and if you look back at Jamie's posts, he's been looking for a reason to vote for him from some time the way it looks. I think the vote and everything about the way he's interacted with peter deserves some consideration.
teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:51 pm
My own personal deadline is 5:15 Eastern due to commute. So anyone wants me to move in my pool, speak up.
I'll be heading towards my last final of the semester around then, and I just yesterday learned it has an essay component, so I don't think I'll make it back for EoD either.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#369 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm

I feel pretty good about my RagingIke vote right now. It is hard to sort "effort to blend in" from "effort to find scum," but I feel like RagingIke is more in the "effort to blend in" category.

I don't agree with any of his "higher conviction reads," and they all seem to lack conviction and drive. That's okay. The fact that I disagree with Ike doesn't make him scum, but for all Ike's effort to pose questions in the thread, I don't see much effort to actually sort. He also signals that he may move off of Thamrick "based on reads he owes me," but I don't really understand why he thinks the Thamrick read may change. @RagingIke, why do you think your Thamrick read may change? What in Thamrick's answers to you has changed your mind?

I also feel like this statement: "I feel like at least one is hiding in Peter, Bozo, Reeder, RHK, Chaqa, Ezio but lack of posts/questions/answers from these people doesn't give me a good feel on who I should be looking at," is the kind of thing that scum say. I mean, the odds heavily favor that there is "at least one" scum in a random group of six players. I feel like scum tack on this sort of list in an effort to distance themselves from a partner or two without adding any heat to said partner. Not conclusive -- town could say this too -- but I'm feeling more settled on the Ike wagon right this moment.

RagingIke297

#370 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:01 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:56 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:47 pm
@Thamrick
Waiting to respond until you get those reads out, I'll post the Ezio questions again but if people are actually reading they should see them
Do you want other people to see your questions, or just Ezio?
I want everyone to see and make conclusions from the answers, and in order to comprehend the answers they must see the questions, so yes everyone needs to see my questions

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#371 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Cool deal, we have 4 hours to consolidate wagons. If the Jamie wagon doesn't pick up by 4 pm Central, I'll switch to someone else, but I'm honestly not huge about lynching any of the people with multiple votes on them rn.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#372 Post by peterlund » Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:49 am
A guy ... thinks that using shortened forms of common Mafia phrases is somehow scummy, and lacks the wit to look them up for himself on the various Mafia wikis that exist ...
You are silly! I think Mafia should be newbie friendly. I have been around for some games, and when I fail to decrypt teacher's posting, I am sure that our newbies in this game also will fail. I am also afraid that the newbies do not dare to ask "stupid" question, but this I have no problem with. I have no problem taking the shit you throw at me, since I find clarity to be a very good value. Actually this got me the idea that I should add an abbreviation/term dictionary to the bot to make the game of mafia even more user friendly.

Btw. Teacher can also explain the word "grok" to me in proper English (translatable by google). I don't know what kind of slang that is. Is it Silicon Valley slang? Sorry but I live in Stockholm and I do not get the word "grok". Sorry for that! :eyeroll:

RagingIke297

#373 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 pm
I feel pretty good about my RagingIke vote right now. It is hard to sort "effort to blend in" from "effort to find scum," but I feel like RagingIke is more in the "effort to blend in" category.

I don't agree with any of his "higher conviction reads," and they all seem to lack conviction and drive. That's okay. The fact that I disagree with Ike doesn't make him scum, but for all Ike's effort to pose questions in the thread, I don't see much effort to actually sort. He also signals that he may move off of Thamrick "based on reads he owes me," but I don't really understand why he thinks the Thamrick read may change. @RagingIke, why do you think your Thamrick read may change? What in Thamrick's answers to you has changed your mind?

I also feel like this statement: "I feel like at least one is hiding in Peter, Bozo, Reeder, RHK, Chaqa, Ezio but lack of posts/questions/answers from these people doesn't give me a good feel on who I should be looking at," is the kind of thing that scum say. I mean, the odds heavily favor that there is "at least one" scum in a random group of six players. I feel like scum tack on this sort of list in an effort to distance themselves from a partner or two without adding any heat to said partner. Not conclusive -- town could say this too -- but I'm feeling more settled on the Ike wagon right this moment.
@ Balki

If Thamrick puts out some quality reads then I may change how I feel about him, he did explain his Bozo vote, which is progress but unless he gets people to get on board with him he needs to move somewhere else.

In reference to the bottom paragraph, those 6 are those that have posted less than the GM that aren't noobs. Yes, statistically there should be around 1.5 scum in that group and I would like them all to contribute more so that we can all get a feel for them.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#374 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 pm

It should be noted that this is Ezio's meta. He usually makes more of an actual argument for it, but he's also one of those players who think they're better off being quietly useless to make it to the late game because they think they're smart (#fuckvash). We could lynch him anyway, but it feels pretty random right now.

I don't like snowy, but I think his alignment will become clear in time. He's really bad at faking motivation as scum. Same with xorxes, with the added note that he's so valuable when he is town that he probably deserves a pass for a day or two.

Bozo's absence is suspicious. He's never been this quiet, but one of the largest hallmarks of his town play is inquisitiveness, so this seems more likely to come from scum.

I don't really have any read on RHK, but it kinda disturbs me that some people do. What the hell is worth a townread in those three and a half real posts?

Teacher, you should help me pressure Ike. This game needs some shit to happen.

snowy801

#375 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:09 pm

##vote reedeer

RagingIke297

#376 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:14 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:08 pm
Teacher, you should help me pressure Ike. This game needs some shit to happen.
Not quite sure why I need pressure put on me, any questions you want me to answer ghug?

teacher2

#377 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:18 pm

peterlund wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Teacher can also explain the word "grok" to me in proper English (translatable by google).
Google is your friend. Grok-feel intuitively/empathetically comfortable with. understand. Also, a good start to a glossary for your site.

peterlund
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#378 Post by peterlund » Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 pm

teacher2 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:22 am
Xorxes's List: I view this kind of list as obv!towning, and thus slightly scummy.
Xorxes has never made a "list" this early. Normally we here make our lists at EoN1, in case we get NKed. So this really caught my eyes as well after getting some votes thrown at him.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#379 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Xorxes rubs me the wrong way, but I would conversely argue the way he answered why that list exists is the major reason I'm not voting for him. I don't see a scumbo blatantly uttering the line "I just wanted something to do"

teacher2

#380 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 6:29 pm

Not interested in Ike yet, sorry. Could potentially hammer Bozo given the several meta comments and lurking. Slightly less excited about reeder because of snowy, but my hardest town read started it so still open to it depending on how it develops. Xorxes's absence since late yesterday is also....potentially interesting...but Im less interested than reeder because of conflicting comments about him from other slots.