MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#261 Post by xorxes » Wed May 09, 2018 2:00 am

ghug wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:56 am
I'm not sure yet.

How many do you think you would have gotten on the first pass pre-reads list?
A lot fewer probably.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#262 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am

That nap was probably a bad choice.
ghug wrote:
I'm not sure yet.

So you made a test before deciding how you'd judge the test?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#263 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:10 am

I am feeling weird, Ghug seems o be the most logical player around. I also find that Balki is being Balki and Xorxes list weird as hell, but no necessarily scummy (scum usually don't want to be bound to a read list unless it's needed).

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#264 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 2:13 am

xorxes wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 am
Are you really going to make an issue of me posting a reads list im the middle of D1? I just wanted something to do, I copied the players list from the first post and wrote my reads, what's the big deal? And no, I probably didn't do it before, not that I remember, so what? Are you going to say I'm breaking my meta?
I'm suddenly torn because I actually kind of like this explanation even though I disagree with it to hell.

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with a reads list that had just one and a half scum reads out of a team of 5?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#265 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 2:14 am

##CALL GM

Have you informed Stressedlines that the game is going?

snowy801

#266 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 am

I just wanted to point out that I live in an NJ landfill

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#267 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 am
Thank you for your significant contribution.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#268 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 am

Ok, I was doing a second read on Xorxes reads list and found this:
21. Yavuzovic
Not sure. Seems ok, but I think his scum persona is very similar to his town one.
This so utterly bullshit that I can´t believe town Xorxes wrote this.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#269 Post by TrPrado » Wed May 09, 2018 2:34 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:30 am
Ok, I was doing a second read on Xorxes reads list and found this:
21. Yavuzovic
Not sure. Seems ok, but I think his scum persona is very similar to his town one.
This so utterly bullshit that I can´t believe town Xorxes wrote this.
What's particularly bullshit about it, in your mind?

snowy801

#270 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:38 am

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:22 am
snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:20 am
Thank you for your significant contribution.
you know it

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#271 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 2:38 am

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am
That nap was probably a bad choice.
ghug wrote:
I'm not sure yet.

So you made a test before deciding how you'd judge the test?
Yep.

RagingIke297

#272 Post by RagingIke297 » Wed May 09, 2018 2:53 am

I feel like I need to change my vote to either Thamrick or Snowy, Thamrick is a higher conviction pick right now but the fact that 80%+ of what snowy has said is fluff and filler irks me. If Thamrick doesn't take off I'll be watching the snowy wagon.

##vote Thamrick

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#273 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed May 09, 2018 3:16 am

TrPrado wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:14 am
##CALL GM

Have you informed Stressedlines that the game is going?
Yes. I will follow up again

teacher2

#274 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:41 am

So a long and detailed catchup post. TBH, these are more notes for myself to come back to. My perspective quite often changes based on gameplay developments and VCA/Wagon analysis, but this helps me to note changes in playstyle or at least remember how the board felt in near-real time so as to evaluate later claimed explanations of actions for consistency with my gestalt of the board.

So much though I don’t know what to do with Xorxes, I love providing thoughts on all slots. If ALL town would do this, it becomes incredibly hard for mafia to credibly hide by D3.

PbPA[spoiler]Right now I have 3 towns, 9 town leans, 5 nulls, 1 modkill, and 3 scumleans.
  • Balki:Active, but strongly (and to me strangely) tunneled on Ike. I get that they have shared WebDip mafia history, so maybe Im missing some meta here, but Id like some action outside tunnel. (aside @xorxes – I don’t know how you can possibly say Balki doesn’t originate suspicions, when he was the first Ike vote and push). Null.
  • Bozo: Two posts, with one sentence explanations of votes (including RVS on silent slot). Believe claim regarding Ezio’s meta though, because others (incl. dargorygel) said same. Townlean with lurk noted.
  • Chaqa: Lurking is NAI with meta; one post is a page 7 vote on ghug claiming randomness, but starts a flashwagon where ghug went from one vote to five within 1.5 hours, only to as quickly drop. Scum PR hunting possibly? Null.
  • Dargorygel: Active poster, and newb!me appreciates the meta info, as well as guiding town out of RVS. Townlean.
  • Demon: My favorite player. I like his reads and questions, and when he has gotten them. Plus lead votes in a way that is not mislynch hunting. Can you elaborate on early snowy being agro compared to meta? town.
  • DrCJG: Very interesting first post. Promised active questions, but has only asked one. I can grok the TrPrado vote, though I find it interesting that this is the second TrPrado wagon of day, with mostly different players. Null.
  • Ezio: Already posted my analysis. Meta info that he would ordinarily defend nolynch makes slight scumlean.
  • Ghug: Active, but emptyish start of game. Like his reaction to flashwagon, and the response to Xorxes try-hard readslist, which also struck me as an effort to look town, but dislike DemonRHK read. Too experienced to really read, but townlean.
  • Jamie: Active, solvish start of game. I like his reads and his pressure to participate. Only a townlean because of experience.
  • PeterLund: Entrance to game comes after RVS, but focuses mostly on meta issues rather than anything on this board. Seems to be intentionally not providing info nor seeking it. Slight scumlean.
  • RagingIke: I like unnecessary admission of error in RVS process, and yavu/xorxes/Jamie questions. I found the gun question odd, but could grok the reasons behind it. Love the oxford comma and ghug flashwagon questions. Town
  • RdRivera:I like his reads, when he gets them, and his consistency so far. Not enough posts for stronger than a townlean though.
  • Reedeer: Promised activity, but hasn’t carried through. Xorxes’s hidden vote here was weird. Null, but willing to vote for pressure.
  • Snowy: Very active, but very empty start. Apparently that’s consistent with meta though. Part of GHug flash wagon. Null.
  • Stressed:Modkill.
  • Teacher: Dirtbag.
  • Telamor: One post to join a TrPrado wagon. Xorxes vote here seems even more buddying of TrPrado. Newb gets benefit of doubt that he is trying to understand game. What is your experience level? Townlean.
  • Thamrick: Like the early questions and share the reads. Townlean because low activity.
  • TrPrado: Interesting target of two wagons, and lots of interactions. Puzzled by response to Ike’s question. But I like when he got off GHug, why he moved to Xorxes, and his day in general. Townlean.
  • Xorxes: HARD buddying TrPrado early, with chainsaw defense twice. Returns, sees suspicions, and posts a try-hard readlist with some questionable analysis (Balki, and apparently Yavu by meta – can someone confirm this?). Notably that list again twice buddies Prado with Lund and Telamor. Scumlean.
  • Yazu: Was active and earlier struck me as solvey, but less so on a second ISO. Part of Ghug flashwagon. Am trusting the meta by others to townlean, but Id like some confirmation.
[/spoiler]
So that list is way to scumsided for this setup, but its where Im at given play so far. My lynch/compromise pool at this point is (Xorxes, PeterLund, Ezio, Reedeer, Snowy). In light of the current vote distribution, Im going to move to Ezio to heighten the participation pressure.

But I want the board to provide some more meta info on Yazu to better sort both him and Xorxes. I also would like Telamor and Demon to respond to the spoiled questions.

Future self-so far the most interesting voting has been the two separate TrPrado wagons and the Ghug flashwagons.

PostDraft: Ike - why the Thamrick scumread?

teacher2

#275 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:44 am

##Vote Ezio

snowy801

#276 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 3:48 am

wait I have a wagon?

teacher2

#277 Post by teacher2 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:01 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 3:48 am
wait I have a wagon?
had. Past tense. Ghug is down to 3rd place now, behind Ezio on votes and TrPrado on vote age. Play more?

snowy801

#278 Post by snowy801 » Wed May 09, 2018 4:11 am

just because you can't comprehend my play doesn't mean I'm not playing my friend

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#279 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 4:29 am

The fact that you're not playing means you're not playing though.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#280 Post by ghug » Wed May 09, 2018 4:44 am

Teacher's gonna be annoying to read.