M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

#3281 Post by Vecna » Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:54 pm
Foodcoats, I see you are here.

Please read my last three posts and then vote for EMC, thanks.
Jamiet, would you agree with me that EMC only does this plan if he is a godfather?

No way in a role madness setup he would focus this much attention on himself, yes? With likely cops, or role cops, or what not.

I think youre wrong here buddy.

EMC has gotten better over time at playing scum/3p, but his level of free posting just seems too genuine here.

Also, think of all the games where you feel the need to scumread brainbomb while he's town. Yet here you do not feel that urge. Why do you think that is?

Read my posts on his progression on certain people.

He is just positioning. He's not actually trying to solve. He is carefull. Tries not to piss off people.

Vecna

#3282 Post by Vecna » Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:00 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:45 am
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 am
more sobee thoughts tomorre

for now, all have like a big huf and kiss goodnitght.

ps: bit disappointed by tje level of questions. drunk people good source of ibfo n tainnmeint
Vecna is faking being drunk.

Maybe it's his role?
Or he ran it through http://www.zantherus.com/fun/drunkpost.php, which seems to produce similar patterns...
or maybe my wife actually had her birthday and we got smashed

Real life does happen you know

Jamiet99uk

#3283 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 02, 2020 7:41 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:39 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:54 pm
Foodcoats, I see you are here.

Please read my last three posts and then vote for EMC, thanks.
Jamiet, would you agree with me that EMC only does this plan if he is a godfather?

No way in a role madness setup he would focus this much attention on himself, yes? With likely cops, or role cops, or what not.

I think youre wrong here buddy.

EMC has gotten better over time at playing scum/3p, but his level of free posting just seems too genuine here.

Also, think of all the games where you feel the need to scumread brainbomb while he's town. Yet here you do not feel that urge. Why do you think that is?

He is just positioning. He's not actually trying to solve. He is carefull. Tries not to piss off people.
I have been taking extra care not to tunnel Brainbomb in an effort to maintain my pledge to remain calm and polite.

But I think you could be right about him.

Certainly he is not his usual manic self.

But then you could say "Jamiet is not his usual asshole self" so... I dunno.

As for EMC, I wonder if he was compelled to go all-in because of Chaqa outing him?

Vecna

#3284 Post by Vecna » Sat May 02, 2020 7:43 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:11 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:06 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:27 pm

I think you set up the Donny thing
How did I set that up? I noticed a slip, he never even as much as tried to explain it
You turned his comment into a 'slip'
The real question is: Why were you voting there if you didnt understand it actually was a slip?

You actually voted there. And now youre trying to blame the person that noticed it first?

xorxes

#3285 Post by xorxes » Sat May 02, 2020 7:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:38 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 pm
If this helps any my original PM did not have the words "standing" or "faction" in it. Only the new one did.
Does your new PM also include exactly one other word, in between those two words?
I'm assuming worcej would provide either fake roles for scum to claim or examples of what a town role looks like if scum asked for one, so I doubt this will prove much either way.

xorxes

#3286 Post by xorxes » Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
@BismarckAlive:

You cannot end the phase on an "unvote".
I think he is in an inconvenient timezone too. Candidate to modkill/replacement?

Nephthys

#3287 Post by Nephthys » Sat May 02, 2020 7:47 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:25 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:56 am
Nephthys wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 8:23 am

Lynch me, see what happens ;)
... I think we should call his bluff, guys.
Hmm yeah I feel like town!Neph gets angry at being suspected, not hokey-jokey-why-dontcha-thurr-bud.
I umm
Am angry?

Grrr

Vecna

#3288 Post by Vecna » Sat May 02, 2020 7:48 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:42 pm
I'd rather lynch EMC and see what we learn than not lynching him and setting a bunch of PRs on him to sort things out. We are already knee-deep in mechanics, and I think simplifying things is a better approach than making them more complicated.

EMC has tried to explain a lot of things, but not being totally coherent about it. Bozo catches him in this at one point (#2640), where EMC has been talking about how much he wanted to keep his role secret, but told Chaqa in the chat. Scum-EMC would obviously want to push the "Donny is town" theory, so claiming tracker would help with that.

I'm not particularly convinced by Foodcoats' claim that EMC is 66% likely to be town. As Jamiet has pointed out, "trust me on this, based on information you cannot have" is not a great case.

I don't like Neph's repeated challenges to Foodcoats to "vote for me" or the similar challenges to Vecna. I kinda want to see what happens: ##VOTE NEPH
A whole bunch of PR's on him? All it takes is one no? Unless he is a ninja/GF but even then the coming night will give us info.

Regardless this post rings very fake to me. Outing a result does not equal making stuff more complicated than what happened today.

Foxcastle

#3289 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 02, 2020 7:49 pm

##CALL GM: What will happen if Bismarck Alive is still on Unvote at EOD?

bozotheclown

#3290 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 02, 2020 7:49 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:45 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
@BismarckAlive:

You cannot end the phase on an "unvote".
I think he is in an inconvenient timezone too. Candidate to modkill/replacement?
If the choice today is going to be Bismarck or emc, he might just get lynched.

brainbomb

#3291 Post by brainbomb » Sat May 02, 2020 7:49 pm

bismark is unvoted and due to be modkilled if he doesnt vote due to webdip mafias awful shitty rules.

so I guess we policy bismark so we dont lose potentially 2 town in one phase.

and yes im assuming hes town

##Vote bismar

and yes
emc is also town

xorxes

#3292 Post by xorxes » Sat May 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Vecna wrote:

Why does scum!brainbomb claim to know food's role at start of day, apparently thinking Commuter? That's something I have been trying to figure out unsuccessfully.

e.m.c^42

#3293 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:50 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:33 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:16 pm

You think I should stop questioning emc? That will not make me townread Donny more...
No, I think you should question whoever you want. I was just pointing you are so sure that he is scum that you are reading things that aren't scummy as a scum slip.
I wasn't reading it as a scumslip, I wanted to hear what his answer was, how comfortable or unfomfortable he was with it, etc. You ruined it a bit.
Lol I had an answer typed out but didn't end up posting, it was "because I wasn't sure?"

Foxcastle

#3294 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:48 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
I'd rather lynch EMC and see what we learn than not lynching him and setting a bunch of PRs on him to sort things out. We are already knee-deep in mechanics, and I think simplifying things is a better approach than making them more complicated.

EMC has tried to explain a lot of things, but not being totally coherent about it. Bozo catches him in this at one point (#2640), where EMC has been talking about how much he wanted to keep his role secret, but told Chaqa in the chat. Scum-EMC would obviously want to push the "Donny is town" theory, so claiming tracker would help with that.

I'm not particularly convinced by Foodcoats' claim that EMC is 66% likely to be town. As Jamiet has pointed out, "trust me on this, based on information you cannot have" is not a great case.

I don't like Neph's repeated challenges to Foodcoats to "vote for me" or the similar challenges to Vecna. I kinda want to see what happens: ##VOTE NEPH
A whole bunch of PR's on him? All it takes is one no? Unless he is a ninja/GF but even then the coming night will give us info.

Regardless this post rings very fake to me. Outing a result does not equal making stuff more complicated than what happened today.
Multiple PRs were mentioned in the vague idea that EMC could be sorted that way. There are any number of roles that could interfere. So it's not like it's necessarily some easy-breezy thing to pull off. But lynching EMC definitely cuts through a lot of the complication that surrounds him and his claims right now.

e.m.c^42

#3295 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:38 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 6:40 pm
If this helps any my original PM did not have the words "standing" or "faction" in it. Only the new one did.
Does your new PM also include exactly one other word, in between those two words?
Left, but I'd assume that's the same for every faction that has a starting, individual wincon of it's own.

e.m.c^42

#3296 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:54 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm
Vecna wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Multiple PRs were mentioned in the vague idea that EMC could be sorted that way. There are any number of roles that could interfere. So it's not like it's necessarily some easy-breezy thing to pull off. But lynching EMC definitely cuts through a lot of the complication that surrounds him and his claims right now.
I think you are seeing complications that are not there.

bozotheclown

#3297 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:50 pm
Vecna wrote:

Why does scum!brainbomb claim to know food's role at start of day, apparently thinking Commuter? That's something I have been trying to figure out unsuccessfully.
We are assuming the NK was redirected to foodcoats and failed, so would the scum performing the NK get a message saying foodcoats was not NKed?

e.m.c^42

#3298 Post by e.m.c^42 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:55 pm

Vecna, as for brain: it's like with a puppy you want to encourage good behavior. You don't make the argument that "brain is too calm to be town" because then when he is calm as town it turns out poorly lol

Foxcastle

#3299 Post by Foxcastle » Sat May 02, 2020 7:57 pm

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:54 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 7:53 pm
Vecna wrote:

I think you are seeing complications that are not there.
Well, I'm not a fan of getting bogged down in mechanics, so I may be biased, but this phase is already 75 pages long, much of which was consumed by you, xorxes, and others, trying to sort out a tangle of claims and insinuations. That's complicated enough.

Vecna

#3300 Post by Vecna » Sat May 02, 2020 7:57 pm

xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:31 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:13 pm
xorxes wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 4:08 pm

No, I want people who do make claims to be clear and not make veiled suggestions that could mean anything. If they think it's better to keep it hidden then don't say anything.
:(

That's a bit all or nothing.

So you're saying, I shouldn't have mentioned anything about Donny's alignment at all and left town in the dark about the janitored flip?
Your role, if it is as you claim, is pretty awful. If town lynches someone D1 it's because they were found to be the scummiest. If then someone shows up D2 saying they are the exact same role, but the D1 flip was hidden, there's very little reason not to lynch them again. So your only chance of not being lynched D2 is either keep quiet and do your own thing, or come clean and somehow convince town that they made a mistake on D1. You (with help from Chaqa to be sure) did neither of those things. Nothing that you did has convinced me that we made a mistake with Donny. I said from the start that I was willing to consider lynching someone else, but instead of helping me with that you started questioning my motives for wanting to lynch you, and a good chunk of the day was wasted on that pointless discussion.
If you actually feel this way, why didnt you talk to Damo for voting me over "setting up" donny?

why the tunnel focus on EMC?

Are you the real 3p and you know he's lying?