M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
xorxes

Re: M55: The Last Party - Game Thread

#721 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:35 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:04 pm
I am giving scum points to rdr and Chaqa for arguing that we should vote Sarah because she is bad-town. I have played scum and 3P more than I have played town on here, and "this person is scum OR bad-town so they're a positive EV lynch" is a great D1 argument that I enjoy employing from those perspectives. :-D

As town, personally, I don't want to lynch any town, and it's bit early to be arguing as though we are out of options and therefore should policy Sarah based on the last game, isn't it?
No, it's not early. Later we just can't afford policy lynches and we will end with her on lylo again (if she isn't scum, which is as likely as any other on D1). I told this on D2 last game and no one listened me. The only thing that can be said against this is that she can be a valuable role.
She is also behaving identically to last game. We don't know how she behaves as scum, but we do know how she behaves as town, which is more than we knew last time. So while there are still valid reasons for a policy lynch, they are slightly weaker than last game's.

TheMarche

#722 Post by TheMarche » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Anyway I forgot to give my opinion about massclaiming. It would be useful if we knew the roles in game, but in this game we have no clue about other's rules, so massclaiming would be only a help to scum.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#723 Post by flash2015 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:52 pm

Your role requires you to +1 posts @emc? If yes, why have you stopped?

xorxes

#724 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:57 pm

summit_fever wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:36 pm

Well the coffee is made and I'm catching up here.

Massclaiming:

Against (in one form or another)

Jamie
Brain
Rdrivea
Chaqa
Nephthys (pointed out xor was keen)

For (in one form or another)

Xorxes
Donny
Vecna
Bozo
Fox (claim a role you're not)
Demon (didn't like rating importance, said mass claim or or don't do shit)
Donny (rate role importance)
Not sure if all of those are correct, but off the top of my head dargo spoke against and brain said he would go along with it.
Also joining closed game wasn't the brightest idea. I am growing concerned that mass +1'ing could try to cover up the real +1'ing that is only needed in a few instances.
I think we're making a much bigger deal of this than it deserves. My guess at this point is that +1's play no role in the game.

TheMarche

#725 Post by TheMarche » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm

worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:12 pm
Every role has an action. It may be triggered or player initiated and it may or may not target/visit players.
We are also forgetting this. Which roles might be in game? If everyone has a power this means that scum powers are way more powerful than ours. We might have to deal with the possibility that some events may trigger two kills from scum, or other (and stronger) abilities. Any idea on what scum roles may be able to do?

e.m.c^42

#726 Post by e.m.c^42 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:02 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:29 pm
Check jump reminder for self 1C1

xorxes

#727 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:05 pm

summit_fever wrote:

Brain: Leaning town. Seems like a goof that could do this kind of stuff regardless.
What goofy stuff from brain are you referring to?
Neph: Lean scum. claimed dargo was under most suspicion and that chaq may be signalling to scumteam. then showed concern that reads were being made too much on meta. doesn't like dargo's post which seemed innocent to me (#432). Pointed out he considered bozo to be best late game player. These things seem to be sowing the seeds of confusion and also perhaps pointing out concerns of his to other scum.
I'm not sure how any of the bolded things could be considered scummy. How do they sow confusion?

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#728 Post by kgray » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:07 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:51 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:04 pm
I am giving scum points to rdr and Chaqa for arguing that we should vote Sarah because she is bad-town. I have played scum and 3P more than I have played town on here, and "this person is scum OR bad-town so they're a positive EV lynch" is a great D1 argument that I enjoy employing from those perspectives. :-D

As town, personally, I don't want to lynch any town, and it's bit early to be arguing as though we are out of options and therefore should policy Sarah based on the last game, isn't it?
No, it's not early. Later we just can't afford policy lynches and we will end with her on lylo again (if she isn't scum, which is as likely as any other on D1). I told this on D2 last game and no one listened me. The only thing that can be said against this is that she can be a valuable role.
She is also behaving identically to last game. We don't know how she behaves as scum, but we do know how she behaves as town, which is more than we knew last time. So while there are still valid reasons for a policy lynch, they are slightly weaker than last game's.
Last game you had a conversation with her on N3 where it became obvious that she thought she had to hide the fact that she was town. So if she's behaving similarly to last game, it makes me think she's hiding her alignment again.

xorxes

#729 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:11 pm

TheMarche wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:00 pm
worcej wrote:
Every role has an action. It may be triggered or player initiated and it may or may not target/visit players.
We are also forgetting this. Which roles might be in game? If everyone has a power this means that scum powers are way more powerful than ours. We might have to deal with the possibility that some events may trigger two kills from scum, or other (and stronger) abilities. Any idea on what scum roles may be able to do?
Why way more powerful?

My guess is that one scum is a roleblocker (Vecna already said why) and one is a janitor (hides the role of the person they kill, because there is a specific proviso for that in the rules). There's probably one or two more Mafia besides those two. Maybe a strongman, maybe a godfather or ninja.

3p is harder to guess. I hope it's not a recruiting faction, I don't like those.

brainbomb

#730 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm

hold up

Is there any reason why inventor cant just claim rn?

like mafia wants guns and items
3p wants guns and items

every faction would keep an inventor/gunsmith alive in a role madness.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#731 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Last game you had a conversation with her on N3 where it became obvious that she thought she had to hide the fact that she was town. So if she's behaving similarly to last game, it makes me think she's hiding her alignment again.
Kgray I will hire you as my spokesperson, you say the things I think in such a better way.

She played that way last game and it worked pretty badly. I expect her at least to try to play differently this time, but she started the same, so I thought it's either a lost cause or she is using the same tactic to live longer. But at least she is engaging more.

brainbomb

#732 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:16 pm

obviously we dont want inventor saying who gets what. but I see no harm in that type of role claiming

TheMarche

#733 Post by TheMarche » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:19 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:11 pm
TheMarche wrote:
worcej wrote:
Why way more powerful?

My guess is that one scum is a roleblocker (Vecna already said why) and one is a janitor (hides the role of the person they kill, because there is a specific proviso for that in the rules). There's probably one or two more Mafia besides those two. Maybe a strongman, maybe a godfather or ninja.

3p is harder to guess. I hope it's not a recruiting faction, I don't like those.
Because if every town has powers, scum needs to have stronger powers to balance

summit_fever

#734 Post by summit_fever » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:20 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:05 pm
summit_fever wrote:

Brain: Leaning town. Seems like a goof that could do this kind of stuff regardless.
What goofy stuff from brain are you referring to?
Neph: Lean scum. claimed dargo was under most suspicion and that chaq may be signalling to scumteam. then showed concern that reads were being made too much on meta. doesn't like dargo's post which seemed innocent to me (#432). Pointed out he considered bozo to be best late game player. These things seem to be sowing the seeds of confusion and also perhaps pointing out concerns of his to other scum.
I'm not sure how any of the bolded things could be considered scummy. How do they sow confusion?
Regarding brain mostly the quotes. I hadn't fully read the thread and was referring to earlier posts. Have him townie. Any ideas on voting end?

Regarding Neph: Maybe they aren't. Just a general impression that these posts aren't trying to dim the fog of war. D1 content seems quite useless until it can be linked to future actions. Is it common to try to emphasise the late game ability of players? Seems that would be a warning to other scum.

brainbomb

#735 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:20 pm

M47
flash2015
Day-1 45:43

page 5
I don't see the point of the mass claim if scum have been given fake roles to claim
(flash was scum)

This game
(no response to call for massclaim)

https://youtu.be/-sBUxt4MgWM

xorxes

#736 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:21 pm

kgray wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:

Yes, but she continued doing more or less the same after she realized she did not have to hide that she was town. I'm basically having the same trouble reading her as I did last game.

xorxes

#737 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm
hold up

3p wants guns and items

One reason I can think of is that they would be a very likely clear, and we don't want scum to kill clears early.

brainbomb

#738 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:24 pm

xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:23 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:14 pm
hold up

3p wants guns and items

One reason I can think of is that they would be a very likely clear, and we don't want scum to kill clears early.
if every town is a clear, arent we all clears who just havent claimed yet?

brainbomb

#739 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:27 pm

there is no matrix to show what roles are duplicates, what roles are fake claims. some of the obvious roles like cop, doc, vig are much more likely to be town than an an inventor. plus id consider an inventor a pretty risky role to use effectively. if theres an item thief type then outing inventor is bad

xorxes

#740 Post by xorxes » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:27 pm

TheMarche wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:19 pm
xorxes wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:11 pm
TheMarche wrote:

Why way more powerful?

Because if every town has powers, scum needs to have stronger powers to balance
Maybe the balance is just in the numbers. Also close setup probably benefits scum more than town.