USA, a fascist state? Confirmed

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Jamiet99uk

USA, a fascist state? Confirmed

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:29 am

Kyle Rittenhouse has been proclaimed not guilty.

This means that in the USA, whenever there is any protest or disorder that threatens white people, any white person is allowed to travel to the location of the disturbance, and start shooting anyone they like, and it's all ok as long as they're defending freedom.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

Re: USA, a fascist state? Confirmed

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:36 am

The United States is fundamentally racist. The proof is here.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

loowkey

#3 Post by loowkey » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:48 am

Calm down. He shot white people in self defense. Just watch the videos

Randomizer

#4 Post by Randomizer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:25 am

loowkey wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:48 am
Calm down. He shot white people in self defense. Just watch the videos
They were white people protesting the police shooting in the back of a Black person.

Rittenhouse got off because the judge held down the scales of justice with his thumb in excluding evidence and dropping charges. The vigilantes were trespassing on a private business without permission.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#5 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:29 am

It’s cool to make hyperbolic statements nowadays but they’re still hyberbolic statements that demonstrate little other than your own ignorance. He got off because the prosecution tried to get him on trumped up charges that were easily defended against. He wasn’t guilty of murder by Wisconsin law and anyone who paid attention to the actual trial for more than 37 seconds and doesn’t just read the headlines they want to hear knows that.

Criminally negligent homicide or even manslaughter would have stuck and Rittenhouse would be in jail. A good prosecutor rightly demonstrates that bringing an AR to a violent riot that one could have avoided signifies to use it for reckless instigation at the very least. Likewise, self defense is not a viable argument against criminal negligence. Murder charges, on the other hand, do not stick so easily, and since Rittenhouse was clearly attacked by all three of the people who he shot that wasn’t the appropriate high crime to charge him with. But they did and they predictably lost.

The judge is a joke for throwing out the weapons charge because he’s a minor and the media is a joke for presenting this case as if it was an open and shut murder in order to rile up the aMeRiCa cOnDoNeS mUrDeR crowd.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:20 am

If I was looking for evidence that someone had fascist tendencies, then one of the more obvious giveaways would be a contempt for the cornerstones of democracy such as trial by jury.
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by orathaic » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:50 am

Octavious wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:20 am
If I was looking for evidence that someone had fascist tendencies, then one of the more obvious giveaways would be a contempt for the cornerstones of democracy such as trial by jury.
You can have contempt for the result without being facistic.

The fact that the system is 'working as designed' and this murderer who instigated violence has managed to get off on a self-defence argument is a terrible indictment of the US justice system. Not that trials by jury are a bad idea.

But Oct, are you actually saying this is a victory for democracy and demonstration of the good which trial by jury brings to the US? That seems to be implied from your comment above, but perhaps you can clarify.

Randomizer

#8 Post by Randomizer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:24 am

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kyle-rittenh ... consultant

The defense brought in a jury consultant to help get a favorable jury and run shadow juries to test defense strategies. Rittenhouse testifying had been shown to produce a better result.

Octavious

#9 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:44 am

The defence presented the best argument they could for the person they were representing? The fiends! I share Randomizer's contempt for this blatant display of competence and diligence!

Octavious

#10 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:47 am

orathaic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:50 am
Octavious wrote:

The fact that the system is 'working as designed' and this murderer who instigated violence has managed to get off on a self-defence argument is a terrible indictment of the US justice system. Not that trials by jury are a bad idea.

But Oct, are you actually saying this is a victory for democracy and demonstration of the good which trial by jury brings to the US? That seems to be implied from your comment above, but perhaps you can clarify.
You're actually being serious, aren't you? Good God...

To repeat the words of President Biden, who on occasion is still able to make sensible comments, the jury system works and we have to abide by it.

Jamiet99uk

#11 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:20 pm

If Kyle Rittenhouse was black he'd probably already be dead.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#12 Post by orathaic » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:40 pm

Given the number of unarmed black folks in the US wh have been shot for far less, he wouldn't even have gotten a trial.

And given that the protest he attacked and murdered two people at was about this disparity, i am frankly surprised that more of the US wasn't burning last night.

orathaic
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#13 Post by orathaic » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:41 pm

To repeat the words of President Biden, who on occasion is still able to make sensible comments, the jury system works and we have to abide by it.
Bit of a non responce from you, which shouldn't really surprise me at this stage.

I asked a direct question, i shouldn't have expected a direct answer.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#14 Post by bo_sox48 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:56 pm

orathaic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:50 am
Octavious wrote:

How is someone being found not guilty of breaking a law that they did not break an indictment of the US judicial system?

Octavious

#15 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:32 pm

orathaic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:41 pm
Bit of a non responce from you, which shouldn't really surprise me at this stage.

What about it is a non response? What more than that do you need? The right to be judged by a jury of your peers is central to democracy and human rights, and has been for as long as those concepts have existed. Every trial that is run free from outside influence and agendas is a victory for democracy. The fascist finds a useful scapegoat and hangs them. The civilised man accepts justice regardless of the inconvenience.

Jamiet99uk

#16 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:27 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:32 pm
orathaic wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:41 pm

What about it is a non response? What more than that do you need? The right to be judged by a jury of your peers is central to democracy and human rights, and has been for as long as those concepts have existed. Every trial that is run free from outside influence and agendas is a victory for democracy. The fascist finds a useful scapegoat and hangs them. The civilised man accepts justice regardless of the inconvenience.
This trial was subject to considerable inside interference from an incredibly biased judge. It was a sham.

Octavious

#17 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:15 pm

Biased in favour of what?

Jamiet99uk

#18 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:15 pm
Biased in favour of what?
The defendant.

Octavious

#19 Post by Octavious » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 pm

But why, though? Do you think he just took a shine to him? Judges don't tend to look favourably on young hotheads who walk the streets with rifles

Jamiet99uk

#20 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:28 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:21 pm
But why, though? Do you think he just took a shine to him? Judges don't tend to look favourably on young hotheads who walk the streets with rifles
You'd have to ask him. But it appears he was a Trump supporter (his phone rang a couple of times in court, and had a ringtone that was the same song Trump used to walk onto the stage for his rallies).