God spoke to me today

Any political discussion should go here. This subforum will be moderated differently than other forums.
Forum rules
1.) No personal threats.
2.) No doxxing/revealing personal information.
3.) No spam.
4.) No circumventing press restrictions.
5.) No racism, sexism, homophobia, or derogatory posts.
Jamiet99uk

God spoke to me today

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 pm

He told me that abortions are fine and he wishes Americans would stop misinterpreting his Gospel.

Jamiet99uk

Re: God spoke to me today

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 30, 2019 11:17 pm

I mean if this utter cunt can claim he's directed by God

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-state- ... 6yQijJ4W34

...Then so can I.

Praise the Lord. He is pro choice. He respects women's rights over the bodies he gave them. He told me so.

Foxcastle

#3 Post by Foxcastle » Thu May 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 pm
He told me that abortions are fine and he wishes Americans would stop misinterpreting his Gospel.
You have totally misinterpreted the PMs I sent you, but I'm glad you think so highly of me.

Fluminator

#4 Post by Fluminator » Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 pm

I made an abortion thread ages ago for things like this.

Fluminator

#5 Post by Fluminator » Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm

What if we pass a bill saying it's only okay to abort white males? That way both sides are happier?

More "lives" are saved from abortion, and the white cisnormative heteropatriarchy takes a hit.

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#6 Post by jmo1121109 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:15 pm
He hasn't logged in since April, what are you talking about? http://webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=31362

ubercacher16

#7 Post by ubercacher16 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:59 pm

GOD is fairly active on VDip. I'll check with him.

About the whole abortion problem, I concede that it is perfectly possible that the Christian God would be fine with some of them. There are certainly circumstances when it would be the right choice, few, but some.

This is why the government should be involved in less things.

Jamiet99uk

#8 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 31, 2019 12:49 am

Fluminator wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm
What if we pass a bill saying it's only okay to abort white males? That way both sides are happier?

More "lives" are saved from abortion, and the white cisnormative heteropatriarchy takes a hit.
Uhhh, it's okay to abort any foetus, if that's what's better for the woman carrying it. Simple.

That's also what God told me.

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 31, 2019 1:02 am

Fluminator: If you seriously want to debate this, I'd like you to set out, in detail:

- What action you take on a regular basis to support victims of rape,

- What action you take on a regular basis to support poor single parents,

- Confirmation that you are happy for your taxes to be increase to support the children of, and to provide childcare to, the working poor,

- A statement of your position with regard to fertility clinics (in which 1,000s of viable embryos are destroyed ever year - which Republican lawmakers say is fine, because this isn't relevant to controlling women's bodies).

Thanks.

Jamiet99uk

#10 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 31, 2019 1:04 am

I assume you won't do that because you've already stated that your main preoccupation is to protect white men.

Fucking sick.

Jamiet99uk

Re: Fuck fascists and YAY WOMEN CONTROLLING THEIR OWN BODIES

#11 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 31, 2019 1:13 am

I'd also like anyone who's "pro-life" (which I interpret as "pro-misogynistic-fascism", just to warn you), I'd expect you to explicitly address State Representative Mike Hill's claims.

- Does God support rape?
- Does God support incest?
- Does God support human trafficking?
- Does God not care if a woman's life is in danger?

This is what the evil, patriarchal, anti-woman, sub-human slime Mike Hill claims God told him.

I stand on the side of justice, equality, secularism and fairness.

Where do you stand?

Carl Tuckerson

#12 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am

I'm sure starting like that will lead to a productive discussion!

Jamiet99uk

Re: What does God want?

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 31, 2019 1:44 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:27 am
The LORD does not require productive discussion. HE wishes HIS commands to be obeyed.

Carl Tuckerson

#14 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:44 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
The LORD does not require productive discussion. HE wishes HIS commands to be obeyed.
But... how will we figure out who best understood His commands?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#15 Post by TrPrado » Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 am

Something tells me an abortion thread should probably stay in the politics forum

ubercacher16

#16 Post by ubercacher16 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:00 am

@Jamie,

When the "pro-misogynistic-fascism" camp looks at abortion we see an establishment of institutionalized murder, most people simply do not agree with the notion that a fetus or foetus(American and British respectively) is ever not a human life worth valuing, that is a fundamental difference in understanding which I hope will someday be resolved in a way that allows both sides to agree on the basic definition of human life.

I will now begin to speak for myself, I grew up in a very sheltered environment, I was always fed the very propaganda to which you are reacting so angrily(I understand the passion, but it doesn't help your case to cuss out your opponent). I never even considered(until recently) the ramifications of demanding that every women keep her child if she becomes pregnant. As a child I learned about abortion before I knew fully what rape was, this is obviously a gross oversight and one I will try to rectify when I have children of my own. I assume that the vast majority of people on my side of the aisle have similar backgrounds and perspective.

I want also to defend my God. I will start my condemning the Representatives actions and words, no-one should ever claim to speak for God(of course there are cases in which God does actually speak to people, however I believe it rarely concerns mass government legislation). The one thing I can say for God is that he never supports any kind of evil, included in "evil" are all the things you listed AND the killing of a human infant before it is born. I might be willing to concede that some abortions do not constitute "evil," especially those that are conducted on a women who was raped or if the women is dying. Of course humanities definition of "evil" has changed dramatically throughout history, there are those in my camp who would insist that God is the same God of the Hebrew old testament. That is simply false. The true Christian God(I'm aware of the irony in my saying this) is one concerned not with punishment but with compassion and mercy.

However God's knowledge is infinite and beyond human understanding. This is NOT a reason that abortions should be banned without exception, I don't know what God says cause I ain't Him, maybe He did tell you to say what you have said(probably not in the way you would imagine, but it's possible). The arrogance and presumptuousness of the "pro-life" contingent is quite depressing. However I urge you not to follow their example and flaunt your own knowledge and moral superiority(even if you are highly intelligent and morally superior) over the people on the other side to the debate.

I believe that the "problem" of abortion is one much to complicated to be solved with government intervention. A highly unpopular opinion on both sides of the aisle that would probably get me booed of the stage in churches and college campuses alike("thrown" is probably a more accurate word in the latter case, although I wouldn't put it past some churches to do the same). I believe that the answer lies not in legislation but in education of both sides. Us "pro-misogynistic-fascism" types need to understand the inevitable consequences and uncomfortable realities that surround forcing women not to kill their infants, I don't know what your side needs to learn, but I'm sure if you are honest with yourself you could come up with something.

Please try not to read any of the above with sarcasm. It is intended to be read with come seriousness, if you are too angry to read it and respond properly now please go cool off and come back when you're ready to have a "productive discourse."

Fluminator

#17 Post by Fluminator » Fri May 31, 2019 2:12 am

I literally said we should only abort white men. How did you interpret my preoccupation is protecting them. lmao

Literally none of what I do is relevant to whether the fetus is a human being or not. The problem with a lot of societal issues is people like you always assume malice or ill intent in the other side. Like it's just so mind numbingly stupid for pro choicers to go around claiming "Pro-lifers don't care about the baby, they just want to control women's bodies." Like it's just so retarded to push that narrative, that it's hard to believe it's done in good faith. Like almost 50% of pro-lifers are women.

I'm beginning to think the loudest men on twitter who send out "I'm a femininst and pro choice!" are just wanting less responsibility so they can sleep around with more women, without concern of what happens to her. Because hey, she can get an abortion if I get her pregnant!

Since it's so important to you, I do donate to the local pregnancy care center though, which supports rape victims.
I plan on adopting if my future hypothetical wife is down with it.
I imagine I disagree with those fertility clinics, but don't know much about them.
I don't know this Mike Hill guy. If God exists, I don't think he supports rape or incest or human trafficking.

Fluminator

#18 Post by Fluminator » Fri May 31, 2019 2:21 am

Would you be this angry at Mike Hill and calling him sub-human slime if he wasn't African-American? I wonder if there's closet racism involved in your anger.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by flash2015 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:25 am

Carl Tuckerson wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:56 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:44 am
Carl Tuckerson wrote:
But... how will we figure out who best understood His commands?
His? I thought it was "SHE who must be obeyed"? :razz:

Carl Tuckerson

#20 Post by Carl Tuckerson » Fri May 31, 2019 2:30 am

Fluminator wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:12 am
Literally none of what I do is relevant to whether the fetus is a human being or not. The problem with a lot of societal issues is people like you always assume malice or ill intent in the other side. Like it's just so mind numbingly stupid for pro choicers to go around claiming "Pro-lifers don't care about the baby, they just want to control women's bodies." Like it's just so retarded to push that narrative, that it's hard to believe it's done in good faith. Like almost 50% of pro-lifers are women.
My experience is that most of them are acting in good faith, they have simply been conditioned to believe downright hysterical nonsense about us. Jamie isn't lying or misrepresenting his position for Internet points when he says we are "misogynistic fascists." He earnestly views us as such, and no amount of demonstration to the contrary will break through.
There might be a few people consciously engaging in meta-posturing, trying to shift the Overton Window by pretending to be hysterical, but for most of them it is the real deal, and I suspect Jamie is one of them.
Not that that helps you in trying to have a conversation. Our little White Knight Templar over there isn't one to negotiate with demons.
I'm beginning to think the loudest men on twitter who send out "I'm a femininst and pro choice!" are just wanting less responsibility so they can sleep around with more women, without concern of what happens to her. Because hey, she can get an abortion if I get her pregnant!
I think this is a beneficial side-effect that isn't at the forefront of their considerations, though I've definitely met many a "male feminist" in my life who is just playing along for the hope of flattering female attention from women besides their mothers. I don't think it factors in their abortion calculus in the way you describe though, since that implies they're getting laid at all.
^^none of the above applies to you lovely posters on this forum, I think? I don't know you so I will suspend my assumptions :^)