I'm new

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
Bleenter88

I'm new

#1 Post by Bleenter88 » Mon May 06, 2024 9:49 am

I am very, very new to the game and want to practice basic mechanics/strategy before I go into any serious games. Looking for 1v1's :D

Tibarius

Re: I'm new

#2 Post by Tibarius » Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 am

Hello and Welcome,
Diplomacy is a splendid game: intriguing, interesting, thrilling and one can even develop his own skills with it when it comes to strategy or player conversations.

I am unsure what exactly you seek / want:
+ There are plenty of good strategy articles or even YouTube Videos available about how the different nations have different starting positions and chances in the game.
+ If you look for a 1 vs 1 game why not create a new game and link it into this thread? I am rather sure you would find someone to join rather quickly.

Welcome to the Diplomacy Community.

Have a nice day and a good time,
Tibarius

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Mon May 06, 2024 11:47 am

Bleenter88 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:49 am
I am very, very new to the game and want to practice basic mechanics/strategy before I go into any serious games. Looking for 1v1's :D
Hi Bleenter. Welcome to the site. Have a +1.

DarthPorg36

#4 Post by DarthPorg36 » Mon May 06, 2024 11:59 am

Bleenter88 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:49 am
Welcome!

I'd recommend playing some games against the bots to start off with. It'll only give you practice with gunboat games, but it'll teach you various functions of the game in practice rather than in the rulebook. Once you get the hang of the rules and flow of the game, feel free to join a public press game! 5pt bet games are usually casual games without much stress, and you can learn the ropes of press games (which are my personal favorite) fairly easily. From there, feel free to try variants and gunboats and public chats or really anything that catches your fancy!

Enjoy Diplomacy and Happy Conquests!