Live games

Advertise new games you are hosting, look for new games to join, or find other players to join your invitation-only games here.
Forum rules
This area is meant for advertising your new games or for finding new games to join with other players on the forum. Please do not make multiple threads for your game or spam existing threads. Please be civil, respect other members, and follow all of the webDiplomacy Forum Rules.
john//

Live games

#1 Post by john// » Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:14 am

I seem to remember live games showing up on the left side of the home page somewhat frequently a few years ago. I just created a live game (Live Late Global, 5 min phase, 1 hour to join) but don't see it there. Live games weren't always a guarantee to fill up but did happen fairly often. Has the user population dropped, and/or has there been a change to how live games are displayed?

Jamiet99uk

Re: Live games

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:22 pm

john// wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:14 am
I seem to remember live games showing up on the left side of the home page somewhat frequently a few years ago. I just created a live game (Live Late Global, 5 min phase, 1 hour to join) but don't see it there. Live games weren't always a guarantee to fill up but did happen fairly often. Has the user population dropped, and/or has there been a change to how live games are displayed?
They still do appear there, but if you've created the game then it will appear in your "Joined Games" column instead.

There has however been a decline in live game activity recently I think.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.