Question about sending press in games

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Devonian

Question about sending press in games

#1 Post by Devonian » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:01 pm

Is there a way to turn off the "send" when hitting enter to allow multiple paragraphs in one message?

Jamiet99uk

Re: Question about sending press in games

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:13 pm

Eh? What do you mean?

Press doesn't auto-send when you press enter, or certainly not if you're using the Classic interface. Being able to type multiple paragraphs is normal. Then you press the "send" button.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Devonian

#3 Post by Devonian » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:55 pm

On my computer, if I hit enter on the graphical interface, it sends the message.

I would be fine to use the classical interface if thats the only way to do it. How do I switch to the classical interface?

echidna

#4 Post by echidna » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:18 pm

On the new interface, click the pen icon, then in the window that pops up, click "INFO" in the list along the top, and then click "Legacy Board".
For your interface to default to classical, from Home go into Settings in your Account and switch the Default map UI.
A different approach is to create your multi-paragraph message in a text editor, copy and paste the text into the graphic interface's message box to then send it.

Devonian

#5 Post by Devonian » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:28 pm

Perfect. Thanks.

bentinc

#6 Post by bentinc » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:26 pm

In case someone wants to use the new interface: you can insert a line break without sending the message by using Shift+Enter, instead of just Enter.