Need fresh announcements at top of forum

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Marlinspike

Need fresh announcements at top of forum

#1 Post by Marlinspike » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:30 pm

I'm new to this community, and one of the first things I see is the announcement of the resignation of a longtime high ranking member of the community.

Not a good look for new people.

Esquire Bertissimmo

Diplomacy Considered Best Board Game Ever by Everyone in the Know

#2 Post by Esquire Bertissimmo » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:02 pm

Marlinspike wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:30 pm
I'm new to this community, and one of the first things I see is the announcement of the resignation of a longtime high ranking member of the community.

Not a good look for new people.
WebDiplomacy is great fun for everyone! It's not exclusively for rural folk with terrible internet connections or old people who are too crabby to figure out Backstabbr.

Even the Forum Drama is fun! It's a microcosm of what the internet should have been: an intelligible number of semi-anonymous people being grumpy with one another, rather than a huge depersonalized sprawl on social media.

Seriously though this community is great, thanks for injecting some new blood into the forum. If you ever make that Modern Dip II game I'd likely join.

CaptainFritz28

Re: Need fresh announcements at top of forum

#3 Post by CaptainFritz28 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:08 pm

I do agree though; the pinned forum posts and most recent announcement are a bit outdated.
Ferre ad Finem!

Jamiet99uk

Re: Need fresh announcements at top of forum

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:25 pm

I fixed it.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.