How do I get invitation code?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Marlinspike

How do I get invitation code?

#1 Post by Marlinspike » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:21 pm

There’s a game that I am interested in joining, but it requires an invitation code. How do I go about getting an invite code?

Esquire Bertissimmo

Re: How do I get invitation code?

#2 Post by Esquire Bertissimmo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:38 pm

Marlinspike wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:21 pm
There’s a game that I am interested in joining, but it requires an invitation code. How do I go about getting an invite code?
Typically, games with an invite code are meant to be private - if you don't have the code already, you aren't meant to join. This feature allows players to make games just for their friends. You *could* private message the game's creator to see if they're willing to accept an uninvited player, but it's a long shot.

If you want a game with particular characteristics, you may have to create it yourself. You can advertise your game on the "New Games" section of the forum if you're having trouble getting enough players.