Where is game ID listed?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
ForGrandFenwick

Where is game ID listed?

#1 Post by ForGrandFenwick » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm

I am in a paused game where the person who requested the pause is back but a different player disappeared over a week ago. Since the game is paused he can't civil disorder nor be reached to unpause. I would like to reach out to a mod to ask for advice but the need help page says to include a game ID and I can't find it. Where is it listed?

JECE

Re: Where is game ID listed?

#2 Post by JECE » Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:23 am

Open the game and check the URL.
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#3 Post by kestasjk » Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:01 am

ForGrandFenwick wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:29 pm
I am in a paused game where the person who requested the pause is back but a different player disappeared over a week ago. Since the game is paused he can't civil disorder nor be reached to unpause. I would like to reach out to a mod to ask for advice but the need help page says to include a game ID and I can't find it. Where is it listed?
If you go to the press area and click on the HELP tab there's a link to the mod forum; this will open a link that'll let you submit a mod request which will link to the game, that's the best way.
2.jpg
1.jpg
In the medium-term (probably 3-6 months) we'll be removing the pause feature, because probably 50-70% of mod requests relate to pauses. It'll be replaced by some kind of process time extension feature which will give more time before next process, but will never indefinitely halt a game; it's just too much effort and disruption.

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#4 Post by gimix » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:57 am

Anyhow your game has already been unpaused on request of another player