Is No Messaging Verified?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
x3n

Is No Messaging Verified?

#1 Post by x3n » Thu Oct 20, 2022 6:39 pm

There are a whole bunch of fast, high stakes, high-player count, anon, no messaging games forming or going on and I can't help but think it seems like a scam - as in people could so easily collude and coordinate (emailing outside of the game or some such), giving themselves an advantage and raking lots of points. The combo of settings just seems tailor-made for that (and I'm not sure for what else). I assume the moderators check for that sort of thing right? I know they can't monitor outside communication, but if the same people (or groups) win a bunch of these - they'd do something?

Or maybe an easier question is: how do the moderators enforce no communication in "no messaging" games?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Is No Messaging Verified?

#2 Post by pyxxy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:27 pm

high stakes
IME, the higher bet games actually tend to have many fewer cheaters / multis, because it's actually hard to get points above say...201?

Not impossible of course.

But also the secret special mod tools for finding cheaters seem to be relatively good here *shrug*

Wanna drop some game ids for what you suspect?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Is No Messaging Verified?

#3 Post by pyxxy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:29 pm

(also if you don't mind playing on Backstabbr, I can shill for Nexus Leagues which runs "verified" gunboat games every other week, fairly competitive and an active discord community if that's your jam https://discord.gg/GeWhNMWeBC)