Bot logic

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Rainfromabove

Bot logic

#1 Post by Rainfromabove » Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Hi just wondering two things

When all human players are eliminated do the bots all auto draw? I was sure I saw the draw logic for bots somewhere but not in the faq unless I missed it (sorry if so!)

Secondly, do bots have any concept of trying to stop a non-human solo?

ChrisVis

Re: Bot logic

#2 Post by ChrisVis » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:03 pm

In partial answer to both questions, a bot does not make any distinction between other players on the basis of "bot" or "human". To a bot, all players other than itself are simply "other players".

Milky

#3 Post by Milky » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:36 pm

To your question about whether bots draw when the human players a eliminated, in a normal bot game they do. I imagine that when there's several humans they also draw, but i have never played a game with bots where there's more than one person so correct me if I'm wrong.

Rainfromabove

#4 Post by Rainfromabove » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:30 pm

Hmm interesting I feel like it doesn’t always look like this is true based on the decisions the ai makes

Thanks guys!

I guess one more question I had is I thought there was a logic that if a bot doesn’t manage to gain an sc for three turns they will vote draw is that still true? Or am I completely misremembering that from the early days of bots?

Milky

#5 Post by Milky » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:39 pm

If a bot is winning on dots or with the same amount as you it won't draw unless it hasn't obtained a dot in the past 4 turns.