Low start reliability

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
Zohan

Low start reliability

#1 Post by Zohan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:02 pm

I just created an account and am unable to join any games due to not having any reliability. What do you recommend I do?

It seems that the quickest work-around would be to wait for a player to leave a game and take over via "open positions", but will doing that and then playing to the end increase my reliability? Or will I be forced to take over players forever?

Thanks in advance.

hesnachoproblem

Re: Low start reliability

#2 Post by hesnachoproblem » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:23 pm

I think the fastest way would be to create your own game. The settings are pretty simple to get a game going that others will join.

Claesar

Re: Low start reliability

#3 Post by Claesar » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:39 am

As soon as you complete a single turn, you will be set to 100%RR. No need to play a full game. The fastest way would be to start a game against our bots (Create a new game -> Play against Bots). You could even do just one move and then vote Cancel.