GR for Live/Hybrid games?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

GR for Live/Hybrid games?

#1 Post by chluke » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:24 am

Does a Live game (with 5 to 10 minute turns) that converts to a longer game (such as 1 or 2 day phases) after x hours, get Ghost Rated as a "Live" game or a standard game?

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: GR for Live/Hybrid games?

#2 Post by chluke » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 am

chluke wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:24 am
Does a Live game (with 5 to 10 minute turns) that converts to a longer game (such as 1 or 2 day phases) after x hours, get Ghost Rated as a "Live" game or a standard game?
And what is the max phase time, please, for a live game to count under "Live" GR (eg. 5 min, 10 min, 1 hour...??)

Yonni
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#3 Post by Yonni » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:56 pm

Don't know how things are done now but, in the past, GR was always calculated from the end state of the game. So the players, settings, etc. that were there when it ended. If that's the same then ones that are converted would not count as live.

I don't quite remember what the cut-off was but most of the stuff between 1d (non-live) and 10min (live) is pretty unplayable imo so I don't think there are a ton of games in that range.

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by chluke » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:45 pm

Mods, would one of you versed in GR please answer the below questions?

(Thank you for your guess, Yonni. As the hybrid live/standard game is relatively new, I'm not certain if the end of game status is the GR trigger for this.)
chluke wrote:

....And what is the game phase time limit cut-off to count as a live game, please?

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by chluke » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:47 pm

Mods?? Do one of you know the answers, please?
chluke wrote:

....And what is the game phase time limit cut-off to count as a live game, please?
[/quote]

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#6 Post by gimix » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:48 pm

I do know one answer: live games are those in the range 5 to 30 minutes per phase. Longer phases (1 hour or more) mean the game is considered non-live.

Re hybrid games, since GR is calculated post-mortem I expect Yonni's guess to be correct, but I'm not sure (and I'm too lazy to go to github and check the code ;) )

chluke
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#7 Post by chluke » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:00 pm

Anyone played a Live/Hybrid time game (that changes from minute phases to longer after x hours) and notice if was their Live GR or standard GR that changed after the game?
chluke wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:47 pm
Mods?? Do one of you know the answers, please?
chluke wrote: