How to surrender?

New players can go here for helpful advice and to sign up for our mentor program, or if you're a veteran help answer questions.
Forum rules
This is an area for new members or members looking for help with the site or Diplomacy. Off topic threads and replies will be moved to the appropriate category.
azstrategos

How to surrender?

#1 Post by azstrategos » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

Hello,

We just played our first game and two of the players want to surrender, which is acceptable to my ally and me. How would they do it? We couldn't find the option/button for it? Sorry if this questions has been already answered, the search function didn't work.

Many thanks,

Andrew

DrFidelis

Re: How to surrender?

#2 Post by DrFidelis » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

azstrategos wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm
Hello,

We just played our first game and two of the players want to surrender, which is acceptable to my ally and me. How would they do it? We couldn't find the option/button for it? Sorry if this questions has been already answered, the search function didn't work.

Many thanks,

Andrew
There is no method to 'surrender', the only way to end a game is to win or everyone agreeing to a draw. You could 'surrender' by just continuing to ready hold orders, though you might get hate for doing so.
"I cannot think, I cannot fight. With patience, I will find my way."

(hmu if you ever need to find a willing person to be the next 20 questions QM)

azstrategos

Re: How to surrender?

#3 Post by azstrategos » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

Thank you so much for the quick response!