New Menu

Site announcements from the moderator team go here.
JECE

Re: New Menu

#21 Post by JECE » Tue May 07, 2019 5:20 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:49 am
JECE wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:35 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:32 pm

We could add links, but the game search feature is frankly not great so I doubt we'll add that one until (if) it can be improved functionally.
Damn, lost the reply I was working on. I wish we had the warning about losing your post when you leave the page. Let me try to reconstruct:

Limited functionality? I mean, the old games search feature is old-fashioned, but it works very well at finding games with specific combinations of settings and has excellent sorting capabilities. I especially like the "Time until next process" sort option. Actually, is there any overlap between the two features at all? The old games search feature lets you find the exact type of game you would like to find, but doesn't have a search query for game names. The new games feature doesn't even list games at all unless you give it part of the name of a game, but gave us that capability to search by name.

Given how useful the old search games feature is, I would like to see it easily accesible under our new Search tab alongside the new search games feature. That way users can find it and make use of it.
Yeah, I intentionally didn't overlap functionality so I plan on adding the game search as a menu item and swapping search games to advanced search and then throwing the Hall of Fame into search just to make Oli's life on vDip a little easier.

Just a fun note on the other comment about join and spectate, the overall space taken per game is now less then it was before due to other css being removed. So while we can look at reducing it, it isn't worse then before and the options were still on 2 lines before.
bump

JECE

Re: New Menu

#22 Post by JECE » Sun May 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Great to see this fixed!