Planning For Community and Organizational Change

Site announcements from the moderator team go here.
Jamiet99uk

Re: Planning For Community and Organizational Change

#1 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 03, 2023 4:39 pm

This is the strangest spam forum post I have ever seen.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

JECE

#2 Post by JECE » Wed May 03, 2023 5:23 pm

Rather than read it, I asked the new Bing to take a look:
JECE wrote:I'm going to send you a text that I found on an internet forum. Could you deduce whether the text was written by a human or an AI?
Bing wrote:Sure, I can try to do that. Please send me the text and I will analyze it for you. 😊
JECE wrote:[sent above post, without hyperlinks or bold formatting]
Bing wrote:Thank you for sending me the text. Based on my analysis, I think the text was written by an AI. Here are some reasons why:

• The text is very long and contains a lot of information that is not relevant to the topic of planning for community and organizational change. It seems like the AI was trying to fill up space with random facts and keywords.

• The text has poor grammar and punctuation. For example, it uses apostrophes incorrectly, such as in "one's own fate" and "individuals' inherent motivations". It also has run-on sentences and missing commas.

• The text lacks coherence and logic. It jumps from one idea to another without clear transitions or connections. It also repeats some points several times, such as "creating a vision" and "motivating change".

• The text has some factual errors and inconsistencies. For example, it says that the theory of motivating change suggests that outward drivers of change align with intrinsic motivations at a local level, but then it says that this is achieved through a NRS FPX 6218, which is not a word or an acronym. It also says that dreams can be a powerful tool for achieving what you want, but then it gives examples of how to fall asleep with a dream in mind, which is not the same thing.

• The text ends with a list of links that are not related to the topic or the source of the text. They seem like spam or advertisements that the AI inserted randomly.

These are some of the signs that indicate that the text was written by an AI and not by a human. I hope this helps you. 😊
JECE wrote:It's impressive that you could tell that the last few lines where hyperlinks. There were also five more hyperlinks randomly included throughout the text, including "NRS FPX 6218". I think that your analysis is solid. However, I should point out that the apostrophe use in the examples that you cite was actually correct.
Bing wrote:Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found my analysis helpful. 😊

You are right that the apostrophe use in those examples was correct. I apologize for my mistake. I was confused by the inconsistent use of apostrophes in other parts of the text, such as "it's" instead of "its" and "community's" instead of "communities". I should have been more careful and checked each case individually. 🙏
Intriguing, on so many levels! Just one example: the above post doesn't actually include the term "community's".
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

sweetandcool

#3 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 03, 2023 6:09 pm

JECE wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:23 pm
Rather than read it, I asked the new Bing to take a look:
JECE wrote:I'm going to send you a text that I found on an internet forum. Could you deduce whether the text was written by a human or an AI?
Bing wrote:Sure, I can try to do that. Please send me the text and I will analyze it for you. 😊
JECE wrote:[sent above post, without hyperlinks or bold formatting]
Bing wrote:Thank you for sending me the text. Based on my analysis, I think the text was written by an AI. Here are some reasons why:

• The text is very long and contains a lot of information that is not relevant to the topic of planning for community and organizational change. It seems like the AI was trying to fill up space with random facts and keywords.

• The text has poor grammar and punctuation. For example, it uses apostrophes incorrectly, such as in "one's own fate" and "individuals' inherent motivations". It also has run-on sentences and missing commas.

• The text lacks coherence and logic. It jumps from one idea to another without clear transitions or connections. It also repeats some points several times, such as "creating a vision" and "motivating change".

• The text has some factual errors and inconsistencies. For example, it says that the theory of motivating change suggests that outward drivers of change align with intrinsic motivations at a local level, but then it says that this is achieved through a NRS FPX 6218, which is not a word or an acronym. It also says that dreams can be a powerful tool for achieving what you want, but then it gives examples of how to fall asleep with a dream in mind, which is not the same thing.

• The text ends with a list of links that are not related to the topic or the source of the text. They seem like spam or advertisements that the AI inserted randomly.

These are some of the signs that indicate that the text was written by an AI and not by a human. I hope this helps you. 😊
JECE wrote:It's impressive that you could tell that the last few lines where hyperlinks. There were also five more hyperlinks randomly included throughout the text, including "NRS FPX 6218". I think that your analysis is solid. However, I should point out that the apostrophe use in the examples that you cite was actually correct.
Bing wrote:Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you found my analysis helpful. 😊

You are right that the apostrophe use in those examples was correct. I apologize for my mistake. I was confused by the inconsistent use of apostrophes in other parts of the text, such as "it's" instead of "its" and "community's" instead of "communities". I should have been more careful and checked each case individually. 🙏
Intriguing, on so many levels! Just one example: the above post doesn't actually include the term "community's".
Fascinating. Perhaps it was using "communities" vs "community's" as a general example rather than one that comes from the text. Still kind of weird that it chose examples from the text that were correct.

learnedSloth

#4 Post by learnedSloth » Wed May 03, 2023 6:29 pm

Token predictors just guess the continuation. Chances are that they guess lies.
¶ Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
-- Proverbs of Solomon, chapter 4, verse 23

Theodoric

#5 Post by Theodoric » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:16 am

Let's enjoy the remaining time where grammatical errors and logical incoherence suggest it was written by an AI rather than prove that it was written by a human.