MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BismarckAlive

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#401 Post by BismarckAlive » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:38 am

As usual (I have played two games) the game starts with hangovers from meta gaming, a whole lot of shitposting, and downright speculating by everyone. That is not a criticism - hell, it is to be expected from 23 players, 4 of whom have 19 clear targets, 1 of whom has 22 clear targets, and 18 that have 5 unclear targets.
So working on those 4 that have 19 clear targets, who would they target D1 and why?
Asking that question over and over while covering the thread will yield my next post (I am on teaching break) when I will cast my first (speculative) vote.

ND

#402 Post by ND » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 am

How has Ghug been suspect? Are you serious? Just read his post history. He has been trolling me all game about slavery. How is that remotely helpful to the town discourse?

Ezio

#403 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 am

Bismark the most important players in this game are Xorxes and Ghug. If HR continues to Lurk he will remain useless and unimpactful.

Xorxes attracts a lot of attention because he's simply the best player on the site by far. His scumhunting is legendary and his scum play is terrible so I'm not particularly concerned with him unless he's discussed as a potential lynch which should never happen.

Ghug is important because he's solid as town and excellent as scum. He's highly abrasive so he has tons of interactions with many people, and frequently people don't handle themselves well when interacting with him. Determining his alignment is usually a high priority for me when I don't know it already.

People who we can safely ignore for a while are ND and Brainbomb. They post a lot but they both suck and are frankly more trouble than they are worth, yet they clog up the game with shit.

Ezio

#404 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 am

@Foxcastle
@Ghug
@worcej
@anyone who has an interesting answer:

What has been the most important post of the game?

Ezio

#405 Post by Ezio » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 am

@Bozo is Foxcastle scummy or Townie?

brainbomb

#406 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:07 am

ND wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 am
How has Ghug been suspect? Are you serious? Just read his post history. He has been trolling me all game about slavery. How is that remotely helpful to the town discourse?

ghug
Day-1 56:57
page 9
↑brainbomb: "Ghug why is everyone who thinks ND is scum dumb, stupid, or scum?

So far youve gone after darg who said ND was grumpy

..."
I think you misunderstand. Darg is scum because his grumpy push was inorganic. You and ND talking at length to each other is simply one of the more pointlessly torturous things that exists in this sweet world.
ghug
Day-1 56:25
page 10
↑ND: "Honestly as someone who GM's frequently on this website.. call GM's can allow the GM to clarify rules, but idk it depend..."
The entire propose of this extra-small text vomit is to serve as an unfortunate reminder that you've been allowed to run multiple mafia games.

ghug
Day-1 56:21
page 10
↑ND: "@Ghug: Yeah, it's unfortunate that they allow jerk's like you to play in these games. But, w/e just have to deal with ..."
Slavery's over, man. We won. Move on
user=ghug
ghug
Day-1 56:09
page 11
↑ND: "@Brainbomb: Why do you keep posting stuff about Trump? Is this mafia or BrainFakeNews? I am not trying to bring polit..."
That's rich coming from the guy advocating for slavery.
I really don't like how ND tried to set up his vote on Fox by asking worcej about it first.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
I'm so cheerful. I'm just expressing it by trolling ND because fuck slavery.

Pages 10. 18, 19.

All game is a strange 'not the whole picture' way of summing up what ghugs said about you.

His posts on you are about
□you and I talking and it being pointless and torturous to read.
NAI

□posts annoyance that youve been allowed to gm
NAI

□tells you slavery is over and we won.
(I mean hes not wrong...)
NAI

□implies you advocate for slavery
NAI

□Says he doesnt like your appeal to authority on worcej asking if you can vote foxcastle.
(Post implies you are scum for this)

□reiterates hes happy to troll you for being pro slavery
NAI

So conclusion is he early on implies reading you is torturous, and now hes scumreading you perhaps for your authority appeal to a PR worcej.

So he hasnt been trolling you all game about slavery. It was 3 total posts in 8 pages of dialogue. And he also stated a real reason you are scum is that you wanted approval for where to vote.

RagingIke297

#407 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 am
##CALL GM

Wait, SK can't perform night kill until he has Soul Stone? If he can't kill how does he get it from Gamora?

How the hell are the stones transferred to the SK than?

Also, if Soul Stone has been activated and SK is lynched, what happens to it? Can a townie use it for a night kill?
SK cannot preform a kill of any sort until he has the soul stone. He must be on the lynch to get a stone transferred to him, refer to these notes.

Note: In the event of a player holding a stone being lynched, if the SK was a part of the lynch, they receive the stone. IF NOT, it is randomly given to a player that was a part of the lynch.
Note 2: In the event of a player holding a stone being NK’ed, the person who performed the kill gets the stone(s).
Note 3: In the event of a player holding a stone being taken into the soul stone, the SK gets the stone(s)
Note 4: Players may at give stones to other players by contacting a GM, they must not knowingly go against their Win Con, all orders submitted will be carried out at the end of the phase, once ALL other actions have taken place.

And yes, if the stone is activated, a townie may use it if it comes into thier possession.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#408 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:18 am

Ezio wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 am
@Foxcastle
@Ghug
@worcej
@anyone who has an interesting answer:

What has been the most important post of the game?
This is a shit question.

The answer is obviously either worcej's slip or his claim, whichever you want to attribute the whole thing to. Number two is brain claiming Gormagon. Number 0is ND advocating the disabolishment of the barbaric practice of owning humans, not that's important for out of game reasons.

Why are you asking such shit questions?

@bo, why can't you be wittier when you insult me?

@brain, how come you're defending me from ND if he and I are scum together?

Worcej is prolly town. Nobody's pushing him and the frantic omgus on Fox seems townie.

@squigglypie tell me about your life. How have the last few years treated you?

Y2k is scum with darg.

brainbomb

#409 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:22 am

Im saying hes deliberately presenting half the story to look like he scumreads you. He hasnt explained why fox is scum. And youve not responded to dargo's most recent post. Kinda surprised how little substance you and ND are operating on so far. Its very throwy da shitt at ze wall by you-nd-y2k so far.

brainbomb

#410 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:25 am

I had you as town ghug but youve mostly just been a distraction whos made all empty pushes over nothing

RagingIke297

#411 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am

(Have there been any ##CallGM's that I've missed??)

ChippeRock

#412 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am
ChippeRock wrote:
##CALL GM

Wait, SK can't perform night kill until he has Soul Stone? If he can't kill how does he get it from Gamora?

Also, if Soul Stone has been activated and SK is lynched, what happens to it? Can a townie use it for a night kill?
SK cannot preform a kill of any sort until he has the soul stone. He must be on the lynch to get a stone transferred to him, refer to these notes.

Note: In the event of a player holding a stone being lynched, if the SK was a part of the lynch, they receive the stone. IF NOT, it is randomly given to a player that was a part of the lynch.
Note 2: In the event of a player holding a stone being NK’ed, the person who performed the kill gets the stone(s).
Note 3: In the event of a player holding a stone being taken into the soul stone, the SK gets the stone(s)
Note 4: Players may at give stones to other players by contacting a GM, they must not knowingly go against their Win Con, all orders submitted will be carried out at the end of the phase, once ALL other actions have taken place.

And yes, if the stone is activated, a townie may use it if it comes into thier possession.
Did you just creat those notes just now or are they posted somewhere?

ChippeRock

#413 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am
Yea, you missed 2 a couple pages ago I believe.

brainbomb

#414 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 am

A lot of games there is very little to go on D1. One of the biggest things I look for in the initial stages is motivation. What is the motivation of someone to push something like this? Why and how does that add benefit to the town. As you say, it is 'shining a light' on something that if ignored may not even be an issue at all. This is a specific case where a player's specific actions led to something which is of direct impact to the town. He got called out on his push. I think that his actions are scum-indicative. I see no merit to them. I've been considering other players as well and wrote about that pages ago, but that is minor to this example. At the bare minimum I am inclined to ##VOTE FOXCASTLE I want to hear him elaborate more and if he has already fucked up then perhaps he will slip more or do something else scum-indicative.
Funny Brain musing about 'suspicious' people. I actually find him and Ghug to be pretty suspect, but no where near as bad as Fox after what happened
□fox case is bare minimum
□wants further elaboration
□says if he has slipped he will fuck up and slip more or do more scum indicative things

□says he finds ghug to be scum for trolling all game (was actually just 3 posts)
□doesnt say how im scum with ghug or how im scum period
□implies what fox has done is very very scummy and is therefore far worse than anything ghug or myself has done

□but previously said all fox did waa potentially slip

Wheres this extra stuff fox did?

ChippeRock

#415 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:37 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:28 am
RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am
Yea, you missed 2 a couple pages ago I believe.
Nevermind. Also, just celebrated my 100th post!

RagingIke297

#416 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 am

ChippeRock wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:
ChippeRock wrote:
##CALL GM

It was posted in the sign up thread several times, it looks like it never made it into my pregame post though

Vecna

#417 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 pm
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Lets speedlynch ChippeRock. ##end
I'm just saying, but wouldn't the Mafia want a townie to be lynched first or anyone that at least appears like one? The town's record for lynching a Mafia member in thr first turn isn't great. It's time to try breaking the trend! (Proceeds to lynch a townie that very same day)

##VOTE Vecna

Likely to change the vote though since it's still early.
Guys I caught scum on page 1

I did it again

Look at this huuuu-i-ge overreaction

I claim all the credit and all the cooking

ChippeRock

#418 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:47 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:41 am
ChippeRock wrote:
RagingIke297 wrote:

It was posted in the sign up thread several times, it looks like it never made it into my pregame post though
Looks like you put in a MISCELLANOUS NOTES and forgot to add the notes themselves lol. Can you edit them in and add them?

Vecna

#419 Post by Vecna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:48 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm
xorxes wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm
quickly guys, speedlynch chipperock before Thanos picks up his role pm and startas influencing the vote
In what way will Thanos want to influence the vote? Why would they care who gets lynched?
This question +10. Vecna what you on about?
Town influenced lynch my bro. Without outside meddling.

Its all too late now. Were doomed. See you on day4 where ill solve the game again

ChippeRock

#420 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:49 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:46 am
ChippeRock wrote:
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 pm
Lets speedlynch ChippeRock. ##end
I'm just saying, but wouldn't the Mafia want a townie to be lynched first or anyone that at least appears like one? The town's record for lynching a Mafia member in thr first turn isn't great. It's time to try breaking the trend! (Proceeds to lynch a townie that very same day)

##VOTE Vecna

Likely to change the vote though since it's still early.
Guys I caught scum on page 1

I did it again

Look at this huuuu-i-ge overreaction

I claim all the credit and all the cooking
What were you saying about Thanos finding out my roles PM? It made no sense to lynch me for whatever that was.

I am now confident to say that only a Mafia would try getting everyone to lynch a townie.

My read on Vecna is a strong Mafia now simply because he tried framing me as Mafia.