MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: MAFIA XXXVIII: INFINITY WAR

#341 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:30 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 am
Chippee
LOL

What?

You think hes SK because he wants to lynch you and voted End? :?:
No, because his motivations for voting me make no sense. He said something about the SK finding out my role or something like that...
He said lets get a lynch off before the sk reads their role pm. Hes implying that end voting will be anti sk. I think it was a joke but ill let him explain.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#342 Post by flash2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 am

Wait there, where did it say VT would not know their names?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#343 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 am

So:

I think Thomas is SK.

I think the Fox/worcej interaction proves they're not scum together. There's motivation for Fox to behave as such if he either knows they're on different teams or doesn't know teams.

Snowy looks kind of good for backing off on worcej, but that's easy to fake.

Worcej could easily be scum.

I really don't like how ND tried to set up his vote on Fox by asking worcej about it first.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.

ChippeRock

#344 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:35 am

##CALL GM

Wait, SK can't perform night kill until he has Soul Stone? If he can't kill how does he get it from Gamora?

How the hell are the stones transferred to the SK than?

Also, if Soul Stone has been activated and SK is lynched, what happens to it? Can a townie use it for a night kill?

DoubtingThomas

#345 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:36 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:34 am
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

I think the Fox/worcej interaction proves they're not scum together. There's motivation for Fox to behave as such if he either knows they're on different teams or doesn't know teams.

I really don't like how ND tried to set up his vote on Fox by asking worcej about it first.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
How am I sk if I am believing brainbom to be gamora?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#346 Post by flash2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:37 am

If it didn't explicitly say anywhere that VT would not know their names then Fox is town.

ChippeRock

#347 Post by ChippeRock » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:38 am

ghug wrote:
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
Town dumb? What the hell is this supposed to mean and how is it a legitamate reason to lynch someone?
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm
quickly guys, speedlynch chipperock before Thanos picks up his role pm and startas influencing the vote

DoubtingThomas

#348 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:40 am

ChippeRock wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:38 am
ghug wrote:
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
Town dumb? What the hell is this supposed to mean and how is it a legitamate reason to lynch someone?
Vecna wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:19 pm
quickly guys, speedlynch chipperock before Thanos picks up his role pm and startas influencing the vote
Why is vecna joking about thanos?

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#349 Post by flash2015 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 am

Oh are we referring to this in the signup thread?:

*ALL players will be assigned a character (Loki, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Ect) at the beginning of the game, not just a role. This is because some VTs have stones or other special functions and assigning a name to a player instead of just a role will be easier to keep track of. The roles of VT’s will NOT be given to them at the start, because of the potential for a D1 mass claim*

ND

#350 Post by ND » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:32 am
Also ND,

A lot of games there is very little to go on D1. One of the biggest things I look for in the initial stages is motivation. What is the
motivation of someone to push something like this? Why and how does that add benefit to the town. As you say, it is 'shining a light' on something that if ignored may not even be an issue at all. This is a specific case where a player's specific actions led to something which is of direct impact to the town. He got called out on his push.
□there is motivation behind meta reads which are alignment indicative
□newb players asking questions is a sign of curiousity which can be align indicative
□grudges are not AI
□Mechanics talks can be AI if they appear pro town or are blatantly to flush PR out
□early game can be rich and full of motivation to simply play
□later games dont always have high volume as theres nothing to feel out
My post wasn't commenting on meta reads though or meta grudges. We all have them. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but I don't see the relevance here to some of these points based on what I said. Yes, there can be problems with mechanic talks, but what happened in this instance is scum-indicative. Explain to me how it isn't? Respond to my point or even worcej's points if you want based on the merit of the case or with something of relevance. Most of your points while fair are not relevant to what I wrote as far as I can tell. Maybe you can elaborate more with aim towards coherency.

brainbomb

#351 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 am

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:36 am
ghug wrote:
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
I mean, believing I am Gamora is challenging sure, given my penchant for lying and fakery. But in this case itd be almost a ban worthy offense for me to fake. I fail to see why anyone would disbelieve me, as I was INSTRUCTED to claim.

But to your point. Why would sk be doubting my claim? You can absolutely be scum or be sk who fully accepts my claim. I dont get where yer brains at here

DoubtingThomas

#352 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 am
DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:36 am
ghug wrote:
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
I mean, believing I am Gamora is challenging sure, given my penchant for lying and fakery. But in this case itd be almost a ban worthy offense for me to fake. I fail to see why anyone would disbelieve me, as I was INSTRUCTED to claim.

But to your point. Why would sk be doubting my claim? You can absolutely be scum or be sk who fully accepts my claim. I dont get where yer brains at here
I thought ghug was thiking I was sk because I seemed to not believe you were gamora and tried to find the real gamora with my posts

brainbomb

#353 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 am

ND wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 am
brainbomb wrote:
Also ND,

A lot of games there is very little to go on D1. One of the biggest things I look for in the initial stages is motivation. What is the
motivation of someone to push something like this? Why and how does that add benefit to the town. As you say, it is 'shining a light' on something that if ignored may not even be an issue at all. This is a specific case where a player's specific actions led to something which is of direct impact to the town. He got called out on his push.
□newb players asking questions is a sign of curiousity which can be align indicative
□grudges are not AI
□Mechanics talks can be AI if they appear pro town or are blatantly to flush PR out
My post wasn't commenting on meta reads though or meta grudges. We all have them. Maybe I am misunderstanding your post but I don't see the relevance here to some of these points based on what I said. Yes, there can be problems with mechanic talks, but what happened in this instance is scum-indicative. Explain to me how it isn't? Respond to my point or even worcej's points if you want based on the merit of the case or with something of relevance. Most of your points while fair are not relevant to what I wrote as far as I can tell. Maybe you can elaborate more with aim towards coherency.
Most of your replies to me have gone more toward defensiveness and ad hominem cheap shots on me. Ive not insulted you. I said you were trying to shut the game down and diminish its value. Somehow you took offense to my posting a very non political photo of trump. And a very non political photo of ivanka. I didnt even mention your political persuasions. I liked the ivanka post, i feel the quote on hers sums up your play so far very well.

"He taught us that potential vanishes into nothing without effort"
Was referring to you and how you have potential in these games which is lost in the shitter when you grouse and try to hinder discussion like I THOUGHT you were advocating.

Our argument was dubbed meaningless and I dont think it was at all. I felt very strongly that you did not like the game starting off the way it did, despite this you felt rather anemic in doing anything to help it. You chastised me for hoping to find reasons to townread people for example.

brainbomb

#354 Post by brainbomb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 am

I thought ghug was thiking I was sk because I seemed to not believe you were gamora and tried to find the real gamora with my posts
So based on this how do you read ghug?

DoubtingThomas

#355 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:55 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 am

So based on this how do you read ghug?
I didnt read everything closely like I should/want to due to lack of time

But from the skims I have done, he seems overly aggressive this game which is funny bc he criticized my play from m37 in dvc

I think its kinda absurd hes already thinking i am sk over the two posts i made regards to you and its def something to look out for but its eary reads so i wont claim anything yet but his scum equity is rising in my world

DoubtingThomas

#356 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:56 am

Now i go to sleep see you tomorrow yall

ND

#357 Post by ND » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:02 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 am
ND wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:44 am
brainbomb wrote:
Also ND,

□grudges are not AI
Most of your replies to me have gone more toward defensiveness and ad hominem cheap shots on me. Ive not insulted you. I said you were trying to shut the game down and diminish its value. Somehow you took offense to my posting a very non political photo of trump. And a very non political photo of ivanka. I didnt even mention your political persuasions. I liked the ivanka post, i feel the quote on hers sums up your play so far very well.

"He taught us that potential vanishes into nothing without effort"
Was referring to you and how you have potential in these games which is lost in the shitter when you grouse and try to hinder discussion like I THOUGHT you were advocating.

Our argument was dubbed meaningless and I dont think it was at all. I felt very strongly that you did not like the game starting off the way it did, despite this you felt rather anemic in doing anything to help it. You chastised me for hoping to find reasons to townread people for example.
Look, that's your reaction to it. Fine. It's not my intent. I dislike the joke moments on Page 1 I always have in these games. I don't feel like it adds much of value, but that is my own personal preference. Others like it and enjoy it so be it. It's meta history for the game. It doesn't mean I engage with it as I try to find substance in what people say and their motivations with nothing else to go on. That's not hindering a discussion. I am trying to open up discussions. It seems that your issue with me is that I have a tendency towards the serious. That's fine. I didn't find the use in posting Trump things or see how that added to the discussion. It seemed like it was muddling it or going after me for my own personal politics which I always try to keep out of this. I don't want to be singled out for what I believe in especially in a game that has no relevance to it. I apologize if my reaction was an over-reaction, but like I play this so I don't have to think about other stuff you know?

Either way, if you find value in it so be it. It doesn't mean that I have to do it and my read on it is that it was not helpful. The question at hand though is your initial response to my response didn't seem to be all that relevant. I am looking for a relevant reply. If you have none to give then so be it. It is what it is. I have to find reason for that lack of response as we all do that is the nature of the game.

worcej

#358 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 am

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 am
Oh are we referring to this in the signup thread?:

*ALL players will be assigned a character (Loki, Thor, Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Ect) at the beginning of the game, not just a role. This is because some VTs have stones or other special functions and assigning a name to a player instead of just a role will be easier to keep track of. The roles of VT’s will NOT be given to them at the start, because of the potential for a D1 mass claim*
Yes that is the exact thing.

worcej

#359 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 am

ghug wrote:
So:

I think Thomas is SK.

This is a clusterfuck.

Chippe seems towndumb.
Dude, I hard claimed because my PR role was pretty explicitly there. If scum don’t kill me N1, it’s because they are just choosing to use it with their RB at a later date.

worcej

#360 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:07 am

@ghug - it is better to avoid the town lynching me now and letting the NK do the honors since they already knew. I think the only thing that will save me is the fact that I am now known PR.