MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: MAFIA XXXVII: THE WHEEL OF WEB-TIME

#1461 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:07 pm

If you were Tracker who would you visit tonight and why? I would visit brain because he confuses me.

yavuzovic

#1462 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 pm

I would visit jamie
He is too towny to scumread and too scummy to townread

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

#1463 Post by Squigs44 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:01 pm
I would visit jamie
What does this even mean?

Jamiet99uk

#1464 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:09 pm

If the tracker visits me they will have a very boring night. I only shoot laser beams out of my ass during the day.

DoubtingThomas

#1465 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
I would visit jamie
It means he puts Jamie at all day laser ass shooting scum

DoubtingThomas

#1466 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Jamie can I get a reason why you are top scum reading me

And as fox requested, an explanation of your read on him

yavuzovic

#1467 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:55 pm

I may not be around at EoN 😢. And I am afraid I will die.

yavuzovic

#1468 Post by yavuzovic » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Squigs44 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
I would visit jamie
It means I would visit Jamiet99uk. Clear?

DoubtingThomas

#1469 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm

I wont be around for EoN too.. an appointment

And I am likely to die as well :(

Jamiet99uk

#1470 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:17 pm

1. Why are you making demands on Foxcastle's behalf? Is he your team-mate?
2. I answered him, and I will do a full re-read of him at the beginning of the next phase.

I am doing an iso on you, now.

brainbomb

#1471 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 pm

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 pm
:congo:
Why do we have Congo flag emoji?

You dont know shit about the Congo do you

Jamiet99uk

#1472 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:20 pm
yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:37 pm
:congo:
Why do we have Congo flag emoji?

You dont know shit about the Congo do you
They eat people down there.

DoubtingThomas

#1473 Post by DoubtingThomas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:

2. I answered him, and I will do a full re-read of him at the beginning of the next phase.

Awesome, here comes a mafia qt originating fake iso making a futule attempt at how the most aggressive proponent of teacher lyncher being suspicious because he claims bozo is mafia blah bleh bleu

Foxcastle

#1474 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Bismarck—Not much going on here. Is this lurking scum, or just a townie who can't/won't muster the investment? (Get well soon...) Lowest surviving poster after two days, being beaten out by both GMs* and the first two night deaths. BB fell off his reads list from Day 1, but he added Worcej, Yavuz, Peter, and Bozo. His Day 2 vote on Peter is the same as his Day 1 vote... So this is pretty null, I would vote for Bismarck over someone I town read, but would not push his wagon myself. Yet.

*This was true earlier today when I started writing this up. Congrats, you've outpaced Darg, in post count if not in useful content.

Bozo—Possibly scum. I still don't like the lynch of thedipplayer on Day 1, which he joined pretty early, and I like even less his progression from a town read of Teacher just over an hour out from the lynch. Has to clarify that he's not defending teacher 39 minutes out. 15 minutes out says that he has made it clear he suspects Peter more than Teacher. But then swaps his vote onto Teacher at the last minute, citing the more specific PR claim. If he didn't want to risk Peter's PR claim, and he didn't suspect Teacher, there were better places for him to go than back to Teacher. It certainly seems like Jamiet could have been an option, given how little Bozo has said about him. (And Bozo is currently scumreading Jamiet for the unvote 24 minutes out. Certainly, I think that's enough time for Bozo, who is observant and calculating, to take that into account for a last minute vote change, but maybe it wasn't in all the chaos, so it's worth noting, but also not quite reasonable to judge in hindsight...)

Brainbomb—Probably not scum. Possibly Serial Killer. Maybe scum. But he does seem to be doing more for town since Day 1. Would not lynch yet. In my experience, scum will keep him around for the confusion factor until the game narrows and he starts honing in and the confusion is not longer worth the risk that he'll lead a last minute charge on scum. If he's still alive on Day 4, well, that'll be Day 4.

Damo—Still not much to go on. His votes for Peter and Worcej from Day 1 show up again on Day 2. No explanation for things like shifting worcej to a townread, or changing his mind various about who the scumteam are. I'm inclined to think this is newbie town play, still. I think he'd have been coached in the mafia QT on how to look more townie, especially as a new player (a specialty of Teacher). So I'm inclined to lean town on Damo, but would like more explication and more scumhunting.

DoubtingThomas—I agree that the willingness to draw attention to himself when he feels like he's being ignored points to town. That does not strike me as something newbie scum would do. I think he's overconfident and a little focused on what just happened, and while enthusiasm is good, we need more than reactions-as-conclusions and I'd like to see him take these reactions and build them into cases.

Flash—Probably town. Engaged and eager, though I would like to see more reads and some cases built for your votes. The last minute vote on thedipplayer on Day 1, and the willingness to joke-vote Vecna as potentially your final vote if you didn't make it back for EOD give me pause, but my gut reaction is that they weren't calculated in malice.

Jamiet—Probably town. The movie to tie it and see who changes at EOD seems like a good town move (unless Peter is also scum, in which case it didn't matter and it was for show, but I tend to think Peter was town). The cop claim when his wagon was coming up also seems townie... enough of a claim to spook players off his wagon, but a nice gambit that doesn't actually endanger PRs. (It could also be a brilliant scum move, I guess, but that seems less likely to me.) BUT... trying to play it off as a joke because he "knew" that the phase was over? That doesn't sit well with me, because I doubt that Jamiet "knew" that the phase was over with nearly that much certainty, and like the rest of us was waiting for the GMs to post to end the phase. In particular, the Squiggs vote came as both the peterbot and the forum have a 5:00 PM timestamp (0:00 remaining on the bot)*, but the GMs adjudicated the vote as ending before Flash's vote at 8:59. So I don't buy that Jamiet "knew" the phase was over before the forum clock actually ticked over, or that the the GMs would adjudicate based on clock that didn't count two votes right at the end of the phase. Between needing to refresh and the only realizing the strictness of the GMs after the fact, Jamiet's explanation for his cop claim seems off. But I still wouldn't lynch him.

(*Maybe timestamps appear differently for different players on the forum? There are certainly technical issues with the forum that could undermine my theory here...)

Peterlund—Probably town. I do think Bozo's point about Teacher not claiming a PR to throw the lynch on a scummate makes sense. That's lose-lose for scum if it works and gets Peter lynched, once Teacher's claim would have been worked out.

Rdrivera—Town lean, but not much new in his Day 2, except a promise to post more later in the week, which seems like a promise Rdrivera usually makes. His vote moved Teacher up into a tie with Peterlund, so if he's scum, he bussed at a pretty critical moment, particularly when Worcej was another option that he could have helped foster. However, his scumread of me is outdated and apparently he misread my Day 1 intentions. So maybe he and Jamiet can get together and form a club for solving the game based only off of bad readings of Day 1 play...

Squiggs—Still one of my stronger town reads, seems to be reading closely, rereading plenty, and solving.

Vecna—Still probably town. I was initially put off by the charge on Bismarck at EOD2, but looking at his reads 3 hours it, that choice makes sense, given he doesn't have any other strong scumreads that weren't Peter. This could be really excellent scum play, because I can't find a lot of stuff that I feel like I could analyze to extract some meaning out of, and I feel like having a lot of town reads and few scum reads stands out as the opposite of a lot of players, but my gut reaction is pretty strongly town, in addition to a consistent voting record.

Worcej—Still scummy. Still leaving too much out. Still not trying to solve the game. Had a joke vote on Jamiet on Day up until almost 6 hours out. That's worse than useless. Votes for Peter, but says to look back at old reasoning (mitigated slightly by claiming that Peter's day 2 looks bad. Well... look who's talking). Jumps on Jamiet for EOD2, who he said earlier was a joke vote... Why jump off Peter, you strong scumread for a joke vote???

Yavuz—I dunno anymore. The early vote on Teacher is good, but it was his only scumread on Day 2 (after he backed off Brain).

Jamiet99uk

#1475 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:05 pm

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:41 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:17 pm
DoubtingThomas wrote:

Awesome, here comes a mafia qt originating fake iso making a futule attempt at how the most aggressive proponent of teacher lyncher being suspicious because he claims bozo is mafia blah bleh bleu
Man, you're so salty. Chill out. (I'm up to Page 57 on my re-read of you, btw).

brainbomb

#1476 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm

I counter claim peterlund.

I am real doc. I crumbed it in my fanfic stories. Go reread them

Jamiet99uk

#1477 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:14 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:13 pm
I counter claim peterlund.

I am real doc. I crumbed it in my fanfic stories. Go reread them
Point us to the crumb.

damo666

#1478 Post by damo666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Could someone please give the post no. of Teacher's last readlist.

brainbomb

#1479 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 pm

From the Maf QT

Dargoryjugglo: The QT is now open for mayhem

Jamie: That was bullshit, the GMs should be ashamed it was a tie.

Bismark: were done for, 86'd, sayanora

Damo666: The Bismark is sunk

Jamie: We can still do this team lets all pretend we dont even know what roles there are and try voting for ppl not even in the game. Ill do an ISO of floodgates, Bismark you can ISO and make a fake case on Tettletons Chew, damo....

Damo: I know what to do my leige.

Bismark: ?

Damo666: Claim inno child

bozotheclown

#1480 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Since teacher was the ninja, the mafia should have been trying hard to protect him, because they lost their ability to perform the NK without being tracked, and they lost their janitor ability. As a result, I am inclined to rule out everyone who voted for teacher as scum suspects. Jamie voted for teacher, but I am willing to make an exception in his case, since I think unvoting when teacher was leading 8-7 overrides his being on teacher in the first place. Also, his reason for voting teacher, that it “might be interesting”, preemptively gave him room to move off of teacher. brainbomb is an interesting case, since he voted teacher for the first time when it was tied 7-7 and before either claimed PR. This would be a serious bus of the ninja, so I highly doubt he is scum, although with brainbomb anything is possible.

There are only four players remaining who never voted for teacher. Bismarck and damo are the only two who were not online at EOD, and they both voted for peter early, before teacher had any votes. They both ended D1 on peter, so they could have been putting their votes on what they considered to be the most likely town wagon before they had to leave. The last two are Vecna and worcej. Vecna was of course pushing peter hard D1 and D2, tried to start a wagon on Bismarck when teacher and peter claimed PR, then ended on Jamie. worcej spent most of the day on Jamie with what he called a joke vote, voted for peter as his top scum read, then switched to Jamie at the last minute after the PR claims. Looking at worcej again, I found a few things suspicious. On D1 he gives reads on only 6 players, town lean on brainbomb, scum lean on Jamie, and 4 others that he calls his “other concrete reads”. Peter is one, which he reads as null, which is an odd read for a “concrete read”. Another is a town lean read of teacher, which is about how you would expect a scum to read the ninja. He then follows the voting onto peter and thedipplayer instead of voting for either of his two listed scum reads. On D2 he only gives 4 reads, for those he said are up for lynching. His reads for brainbomb, Jamie, and teacher are the same, but reads peter as a scum lean. When he votes for peter, he calls him his “solid scum read from D1”, which does not appear to be the case since he null read peter D1 and switched his vote from peter to thedipplayer D1. He also says “I strongly feel like Brain is town”, which could be to get credit later when brainbomb flips town.

My current scum suspects from most likely to least likely are:
1. worcej
2. Jamie
3. Vecna
4. damo
5. Bismarck