MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA XXXVI: ODDJOB'S REVENGE

#1441 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

@Jamie - what do you think of the scum strategy of fake-claiming RB?
I think fakeclaiming RB would be scummy, yes.
Lol not what I meant
What then? Do you want me to comment on what I think the optimal scum strategy would be? I'm not inclined to offer guidance to my opponents.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1442 Post by Tom Bombadil » Tue May 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Vote Count 3.2

Thamrick (4): rdrivera2005, Balki Bartokomous, Foxcastle, bo_sox48
Snowy801 (3): DemonRHK, DrCJG, Jamiet99uk
Telamor (3): ghug, dargorygel, RagingIke297
Balki Bartokomous (1): peterlund
Jamiet99uk (1): TrPrado
RagingIke297 (1): Telamor
Ghug (1): yavuzovic
Foxcastle (1): snowy801

The following players have not voted: Ezio, thamrick

Currently thamrick is set to be lynched

There are 4.25 hours remaining in D3.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Location: OOOOOOKLAHOMA WHERE THE WIND COMES SWEEPING DOWN THE PLAIN

#1443 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm

So we're seriously going to let Jamie go ONCE AGAIN??

DrCJG

#1444 Post by DrCJG » Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Closing on my first home today!

Hoping to catch up on today’s post later this afternoon.... if you haven’t already..

@ Ghug, why Telamor?

@ Rdr, why Thamrick?

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1445 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm

After probably the scummiest stunt I've seen someone pull on this site, and then he tries to turn around and blame someone else for it?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1446 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:43 pm
1. If you assert that you are not claiming to be Cop, why did you demand a docsave?
I wanted the Doctor to save me at the same time the mafia team tried to kill me so that the Night Kill would fail.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
2. Why did you claim - at the *same time* as asking for a docsave, that if you were NKed, this would implicate Ghug?
ghug has been off my radar screen for most of the game. I was coming to the realization that ghug might be scum, and I wanted to be sure he got some pressure even if I was not around to do the pressuring.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
3. What is your actual case against Ghug?
Please see page 58.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
4. Why did you not set out your case on Ghug when you voted for him?
Please see page 58.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
5. Do you have any idea why I thought you were claiming a guilty scan on Ghug?
I have some ideas, but they have more to do with you than with me.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Can you understand what I may have been thinking?
I think so.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1447 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:58 pm

DrCJG wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Hoping to catch up on today’s post later this afternoon.... if you haven’t already..

@ Ghug, why Telamor?

@ Rdr, why Thamrick?
Start reading instead of asking this kind of questions. You can use the bot at mafia.peterlund.se to look at posts and votes.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1448 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 6:01 pm

DrCJG wrote:

@ Ghug, why Telamor?

@ Rdr, why Thamrick?
Yeah, I don't like this post one bit.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1449 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

I think there are like 8-9 scum in this game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1450 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

TrPrado wrote:
I don't know, Jamiet have been soo weird in this Balki push that I don't know what to think. Do you think he will act like this as scum? Do you think both are scum?

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1451 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm
TrPrado wrote:
I don't know, Jamiet have been soo weird in this Balki push that I don't know what to think. Do you think he will act like this as scum? Do you think both are scum?
I have to say -- I'm leaning more town on Jamiet after the Balki/ghug/Jamiet interaction.

thamrick

#1452 Post by thamrick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

Slight townread on rdrivera. Seems to be interpreting the game pretty open-mindedly in a way I think would be tough to manufacture. As past games prove though, I'm awful at reading rdr. I still have a good feeling about him this game though. The only real flags I have are his outrage posts after both lynches.

I townread Balki. I think Balki enjoys playing more as scum than he does as town tbh. When Balki was scum, he was engaging in much more detailed cases and generating cases against people. I feel like he's sitting back a little more in this one and reading other people's interactions.

Slight scum on Foxy but nothing I'm too sure of. I really didn't like his comment about trying to spread out the votes on wagons. I feel like it's too easy for scum to control the lynch that way.

I liked bo's entry post analyzing the EoD wagons and his response to teacher, but he's pretty much disappeared after that. Bo can be a lurker scum, but he tends to explain his absences. I'd guess town on bo.

RagingIke297

#1453 Post by RagingIke297 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm
Slight townread on rdrivera. Seems to be interpreting the game pretty open-mindedly in a way I think would be tough to manufacture. As past games prove though, I'm awful at reading rdr. I still have a good feeling about him this game though. The only real flags I have are his outrage posts after both lynches.

I townread Balki. I think Balki enjoys playing more as scum than he does as town tbh. When Balki was scum, he was engaging in much more detailed cases and generating cases against people. I feel like he's sitting back a little more in this one and reading other people's interactions.

Slight scum on Foxy but nothing I'm too sure of. I really didn't like his comment about trying to spread out the votes on wagons. I feel like it's too easy for scum to control the lynch that way.

I liked bo's entry post analyzing the EoD wagons and his response to teacher, but he's pretty much disappeared after that. Bo can be a lurker scum, but he tends to explain his absences. I'd guess town on bo.
So your scum team is Fox and who else?

thamrick

#1454 Post by thamrick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm
thamrick wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

I think fakeclaiming RB would be scummy, yes.
Lol not what I meant
What then? Do you want me to comment on what I think the optimal scum strategy would be? I'm not inclined to offer guidance to my opponents.
No. I want to know how likely you think it is that scum would fake-claim a RB. How do you think that turns out in the end for them? This has happened in literally every game I've played in where there's a RB. People always discuss the possibility that a RB was fake-claimed, but I don't know if I've ever actually seen one be fake-claimed.

Jamiet99uk

#1455 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 6:10 pm

TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm
After probably the scummiest stunt I've seen someone pull on this site, and then he tries to turn around and blame someone else for it?
No stunts. My honest reaction to what I saw happening. I'm sure I'm town.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1456 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 am
Right, but he's spending what little time he applies giving the game a modicum of thought rather than trying to look like he cares at all.
Forgive me, but I can't remember him ever trying to look like he cares at all. I remember him saying shit like Chaqa's mom and anteaters all the time, but the only time I can remember him actually giving a fuck were the first few games he played here before he started getting nightkilled because this site is full of cowards that are afraid of playing against good players.
dargorygel wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 3:18 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:11 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 pm
Jamiet's reaction to the discussion reminds me of Peter's. I forgot about Peter's reaction, until I see Jamiet's. Tense.
What's your point here?
I had two purposes. I was adding my voice to those who seemed concerned about Jamie's defensive and angry reaction to the recent conversation. And I was noting that Peter had an earlier 'bad' reaction to pressure, which I (and maybe others) had forgotten.
What's the point of noting something from earlier if you're just going to forget about it again and not do anything with it?
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Anyway, I am inclined to believe Balki so:

##Vote Ghug

If Balki is lying we lynch him tomorrow.
[…]And why would Balki being wrong, mean that he's a policy lynch tomorrow?
Are you sure you read today, at all?
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:57 pm
@yav - who are your top 3 townreads and why? Who are your top 3 scumreads and why?
Do you usually ask such generic questions of people when you are looking into something you find suspicious? Did you notice that yav already gave reads?
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:38 pm
I guess I'm just confused what you even thought was a cop claim in the first place. I didn't interpret Balki's messages that way on first read, and on reread I feel like it's pretty clear that Balki wasn't claiming cop. I don't think Balki, even if he was cop and had a guilty scan, would openly reveal it. He'd do what he should do as cop and build a case against his guilty scan, pushing for their lynch and trying to remain hidden.
Assuming he got RBed N1, revealing his scan makes a ton of sense. He's a NK target at some stage and might get RBed again. As Jamie pointed out, he was crumbing long prior to that soft claim. You are making a blanket assumption about how Balki would play without considering the circumstances. Why?
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm
I am not ok with snowy sipping the noose again. snowy needs to be the lynch here. I’ve said it before: he played seemingly upset early, then completely indifferent since. He almost taunting us with how little he’s taking part. Also, this gives additional insight into EoD2.
I already demonstrated why snowy is town. Please read my analysis of EOD2. It came before I even read my role PM, if that makes you feel any better.

Regardless of how you respond, or don't, to my analysis, why should we be lynching with additional insight into one EOD that is already rather easy to interpret in mind?
TrPrado wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 pm
What did Jamie do that is deserving of such hyperbole?
snowy801 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:42 pm
though one does wonder where bo_sox went off to
A job, which takes up my Mondays and Wednesdays pretty much in full, and two businesses, which take up the other days of the week pretty much in full. Tuesdays and Thursdays are occasionally convenient for me. I also travel the country relatively frequently this time of year and blow off all of my other responsibilities, including mafia, so if I decide to get back on the road this weekend, you won’t see me for awhile. There’s a reason that I didn’t actually sign up to play this game.

Jamiet99uk

#1457 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 6:12 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm
thamrick wrote:

Lol not what I meant
No. I want to know how likely you think it is that scum would fake-claim a RB. How do you think that turns out in the end for them? This has happened in literally every game I've played in where there's a RB. People always discuss the possibility that a RB was fake-claimed, but I don't know if I've ever actually seen one be fake-claimed.
I've literally done that as scum, I think, so I'm fairly sure it can happen.

TrPrado
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1458 Post by TrPrado » Tue May 15, 2018 6:14 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm
TrPrado wrote:
Yes to the first and no to the second. Whether or not he believed Balki isn't the problem. Actively insinuating a claim happened is entirely separate in the discussion, and the only purposes I can see it realistically serving is pinning Balki down for the ghug lynch or drawing out a much more definite claim, neither of which are in any way good for town.

I haven't really seen anything from Balki that makes me think he's scum, but it's getting ridiculous that Jamie keeps pulling shit and getting away with it.

Jamiet99uk

#1459 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 9:57 pm
Yeah, if I die tonight, it means (1) our doctor is a moron, and (2) ghug might just be on the scum team.

He hasn't been as suspicious of me in this game as he usually is. He's defended me a few times in a way that may be designed to curry favor. And he hasn't really driven the action.

He's tough to read, so I don't have great confidence here. I probably wouldn't lynch him tomorrow, but he's moving up my suspect list.
This is it? This is your whole case on Ghug.

Uh-huh.

thamrick

#1460 Post by thamrick » Tue May 15, 2018 6:19 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm
thamrick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:04 pm

So your scum team is Fox and who else?
you, peter, trprado, snowy, ezio would be my best guess. Very uncertain on that last spot and could substitute in Foxy, yav, Telamor, bo, DrCJG.