Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2641 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu May 09, 2024 10:18 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 pm
Use that AP studying to tell a story.

Convince your readers (not just me) of the premise. The plot. The characters. Sell it!
No I’m still salty todays ap psychology had basically nothing from Freud >:(((((((
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

BunnyGo

#2642 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 pm

DiplomacyandWarfare wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:15 pm
Reason #1 that Bunny and sweet are scumteammed together: Sweet defends Bunny without giving a reason.
Thu May 09, 2024 11:33 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 am

In the space of half an hour you wanted to endhammer Balki, then you wanted to endhammer KingofPirates, and now you're advocating votes on Sparta despite not voting him yourself.

Have your forgotten to take your ADHD medication or are you just looking for spurious wagons to start and/or push?

Why the Brainbomb impression?
Excellent point. Bunny is being scummy.

The thing about ADHD is a little bit insensitive. I don't have ADHD or know anybody who does, but it's probably not a good topic for jokes of this kind.

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 am

He retracted his Cop claim like two days ago.

Why aren't you reading the thread?
Oh, look at this. Bonatogether can't even be bothered to track the thread. Idk if this is scum but it's definitely not good townplay.
Also, has everyone forgotten about bozo?

Strong town:
Ham
Jamiet

Weak town:
Balki
Sweet

Weak scum:
Bozo
Vecna
Bonatogether
BunnyGo

Null:
Everyone else
This post is a lot, but the important part is that I voice my suspicion of Bunny. Sweet's response on the next page...
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm
Is nobody reading what Dip is writing? I don't think it could look much worse.

##VOTE Dip
I am genuinely impressed with how good this post is at defending scumteammate bunny. It discredits what I've been saying, sets Bunny up for voting me, changes the subject away from the suspicion of Bunny, and does this all without any evidence. If sweet actually thought I was scum because of what I was saying, he would've done the following:
  • Taken the time to write a decent post
  • Quoted evidence of this stuff I'm writing that supposedly couldn't look much worse
  • Explained exactly what was wrong with my post
THATS A GOOD STORY
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#2643 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:18 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:13 pm
Use that AP studying to tell a story.

Convince your readers (not just me) of the premise. The plot. The characters. Sell it!
No I’m still salty todays ap psychology had basically nothing from Freud >:(((((((
Adler? Much better….

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

kingofthepirates

#2644 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
kingofthepirates wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:11 pm
That’s a terrible story. At no point did you ever tell me why you think either of us is scum.
As I said, I don’t think you are scum. I said I’d be surprised, and if you were scum the story is how id imagine the interaction. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding; is paired specifically only for paired scum??? As I said, you are paired, but in my eyes you are paired town.
Ah…I’d missed that part of your story!

Why are you seeing us as town?
The sheer amount of yap (GOOD YAP MIND YOU, but still pure yap) you two are pumping out. Additionally, your interactions feel far more organic than something cooked up in mafia night chat.
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

sweetandcool

#2645 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 pm

I've gotten to the point where my mind has turned to mush. I don't have the energy to make cases like I normally would (the bot not working doesn't help).

I do, however, feel good about my reads.

I think I will ponder the damo NK and the claimed Sparta RB and see how that meshes.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#2646 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:20 pm
Reason #1 that Bunny and sweet are scumteammed together: Sweet defends Bunny without giving a reason.
Thu May 09, 2024 11:33 am

Excellent point. Bunny is being scummy.

The thing about ADHD is a little bit insensitive. I don't have ADHD or know anybody who does, but it's probably not a good topic for jokes of this kind.

Oh, look at this. Bonatogether can't even be bothered to track the thread. Idk if this is scum but it's definitely not good townplay.
Also, has everyone forgotten about bozo?

Strong town:
Ham
Jamiet

Weak town:
Balki
Sweet

Weak scum:
Bozo
Vecna
Bonatogether
BunnyGo

Null:
Everyone else
This post is a lot, but the important part is that I voice my suspicion of Bunny. Sweet's response on the next page...
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:09 pm
Is nobody reading what Dip is writing? I don't think it could look much worse.

##VOTE Dip
I am genuinely impressed with how good this post is at defending scumteammate bunny. It discredits what I've been saying, sets Bunny up for voting me, changes the subject away from the suspicion of Bunny, and does this all without any evidence. If sweet actually thought I was scum because of what I was saying, he would've done the following:
  • Quoted evidence of this stuff I'm writing that supposedly couldn't look much worse
THATS A GOOD STORY
Please stop being passive aggressive.

sweetandcool

#2647 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:27 pm

Thu May 09, 2024 10:23 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

THATS A GOOD STORY
I thought he was being sincere....

Jamiet99uk

#2648 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:17 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:09 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm
Town:

Jamiet: The RB and swearing at Pirate (though maybe that's actually NAI)
Bona: I don't think he bussed, felt Town vs Will.
Pirate: I don't think he would bus unprovoked like that.
Ham?????????????

Null:
Worcej
Balki

Scum lean:
Bozo: Still feel like D2 voting behavior was scum motivated.
Bunny: basically a WIFOM
Sparta: Mainly PoE and his main contribution is meta analysis. I kind of want him to be Town, but I kind of think he could be scum.

Scum:

Vecna
Dip
Ham??????
----------------------------------------
I've already commented extensively on the scumteam. I might be wrong about Ham which means I'm wrong about someone, probably null or below.

I feel okay about my reasons for Towning players, but honestly I am not completely sure about any of them.
Have you ruminated on rdrivera's Day 1 vote? Can you explain (or repeat) your thoughts on that?
The entire scum team was spread between Bona, damo. So rdr busses by voting Just, tying the three wagons at three.

He probably figured his teammates could easily consolidate on either Bona or damo. If he was online, he might have made an effort to save Will, but alas he was gone after his vote.
This makes Kingofetc.. the top target because WHY?

Why did you avoid giving a reason when repeatedly challenged?

##Vote Sweetandcool for ignoring multiple questions on this topic.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

kingofthepirates

#2649 Post by kingofthepirates » Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 pm

I think I will ponder the damo NK and the claimed Sparta RB and see how that meshes.
What are you pondering? As I see it, and applying occam’s razor, this is simply mafia trying to keep the cop at bay. They suspected damo as the cop, and rb’d sparta too as a further measure to cut the potential cop’s power. They’re just hunting for the final pr to kill both town momentum/morale and eliminate the surefire way to determine scum.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#2650 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Thu May 09, 2024 10:32 pm

Reason #2 sweet and bunny are likely scum-partners: Sweet scumreads Bunny but still trusts him.
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 pm
Town:

Jamiet: The RB and swearing at Pirate (though maybe that's actually NAI)
Bona: I don't think he bussed, felt Town vs Will.
Pirate: I don't think he would bus unprovoked like that.
Ham?????????????

Null:
Worcej
Balki

Scum lean:
Bozo: Still feel like D2 voting behavior was scum motivated.
Bunny: basically a WIFOM
Sparta: Mainly PoE and his main contribution is meta analysis. I kind of want him to be Town, but I kind of think he could be scum.

Scum:

Vecna
Dip
Ham??????
----------------------------------------
I've already commented extensively on the scumteam. I might be wrong about Ham which means I'm wrong about someone, probably null or below.

I feel okay about my reasons for Towning players, but honestly I am not completely sure about any of them.
So sweet has been reading Bunny's posts as WIFOM. This contradicts numerous situations where sweet has been agreeing with Bunny, such as my evidence #1 where sweet rejects (I would say 'criticizes' but that implies he gave evidence and reasoning, and he gave neither) my post where I say Bunny is being unhelpful and add him to my scumreadlist. If Sweet thinks bunny is doing a lot of WIFOM, why doesn't he like my post saying that Bunny is being unhelpful? This looks a lot like sweet trying to disassociate himself with Bunny, perhaps for a stab or perhaps to prevent anyone from catching on.

sweetandcool

#2652 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Have you ruminated on rdrivera's Day 1 vote? Can you explain (or repeat) your thoughts on that?
The entire scum team was spread between Bona, damo. So rdr busses by voting Just, tying the three wagons at three.

He probably figured his teammates could easily consolidate on either Bona or damo. If he was online, he might have made an effort to save Will, but alas he was gone after his vote.

What are you going on about?

King is not a top target by any stretch of the imagination.

BunnyGo

#2653 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:44 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:21 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
kingofthepirates wrote:

As I said, I don’t think you are scum. I said I’d be surprised, and if you were scum the story is how id imagine the interaction. Perhaps I’m misunderstanding; is paired specifically only for paired scum??? As I said, you are paired, but in my eyes you are paired town.
Ah…I’d missed that part of your story!

Why are you seeing us as town?
The sheer amount of yap (GOOD YAP MIND YOU, but still pure yap) you two are pumping out. Additionally, your interactions feel far more organic than something cooked up in mafia night chat.
I can yap as scum. Ask anyone.

sweetandcool

#2654 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:44 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 pm

What are you pondering? As I see it, and applying occam’s razor, this is simply mafia trying to keep the cop at bay. They suspected damo as the cop, and rb’d sparta too as a further measure to cut the potential cop’s power. They’re just hunting for the final pr to kill both town momentum/morale and eliminate the surefire way to determine scum.
Mainly the implications of those events. Yes, the "why" is obvious, but the implications are what I shall ponder.

BunnyGo

#2655 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:45 pm

BunnyGo wrote:

THATS A GOOD STORY
Nothing passive about this. I’m looking for reads and action.

BunnyGo

#2656 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:46 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:27 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

THATS A GOOD STORY
I thought he was being sincere....
Oh. I misunderstood his comment. I was being sincere.

sweetandcool

#2657 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm

Excellent, Dip has revealed his true colours. I do appreciate the scumteam making this game easy.

##VOTE Dip

Okay, so the real mystery is who is the third Mafia? I still think it could be Ham.

Mafia could think damo is cop without believing him to have scanned Ham.

BunnyGo

#2658 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:48 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

Stop being a lazy liar. You read better than this.

sweetandcool

#2659 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 09, 2024 10:48 pm

In fact, ##END

I couldn't be more confident.

BunnyGo

#2660 Post by BunnyGo » Thu May 09, 2024 10:49 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:47 pm
Excellent, Dip has revealed his true colours. I do appreciate the scumteam making this game easy.

##VOTE Dip

Okay, so the real mystery is who is the third Mafia? I still think it could be Ham.

Mafia could think damo is cop without believing him to have scanned Ham.
Really?! I was thinking he showed his true colors by telling a good story.

I was starting to think king was showing us true colors too by refusing to. ##vote Balki.