Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#2721 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 7:15 am

##vote sweetandcool

hopefully ill randomly check in to a page with a votecount later today.

If not, ill revert back to my earlier assertion.

Every time town sweetandcool changed my mind about his townyness it was with good observations, and attacks on people in his cute little ways, and things that made sense.

This time its long posts talking about his emotional state as a defence with some wifom nonsense.

Vecna

#2722 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 7:17 am

off-topic: played john company 2 all of yesterday, highly entertaining boardgame that also uses a lot of diplomacy in it. Highly recommended to most people here i think. As long as you dont expect to cooperatively win if you play with sharks.

Vecna

#2723 Post by Vecna » Fri May 10, 2024 7:20 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm
##vote Bozo

I mostly want to flip Bozo or Vecna. Somebody please join me. I'm town, and I don't like all the shouting.
You wanted me to solve, but it still feels like you dont care about my arguments at all.

I still think both these slots are town. Neither of us is gonna get NK'd so theres gonna have to come a point where I change your mind or this is gonna end badly for us.

BunnyGo

#2724 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 9:53 am

Posting reads in one place.

In no particular order:

Town:

Jamie
Vecna
Worcej
Bona
HamB
Rd&w2005

Null:
Bozo
Sweet (has been town until previous strange posts)
KoP (had been scum till he told me “no”)

So that leaves the POE pretty small:

Sparta
Balki

If I’m wrong about a town…that happens but I don’t see it. Maybe Rd&w…maybe….
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

DiplomacyandWarfare

#2725 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 am

After a lot of sleep and a bit of retro-analysis, I have determined the following:

1. When I suggested the sweet-bunny townteam, sweet was very willing to vote me in return and agreed with bunny in a way that, frankly, seems like buddying

2. When I suggested the sweet-bunny townteam, bunny initially reacted by trying to wagon me, then backed up and took a look at the situation. Bunny has not attempted to buddy sweet.

3. When a town player sees a wagon starting against them, they are likely to reactively attempt to start a wagon in return. So is a mafia player, so initially attempting to wagon me is null evidence against both sweet and bunny.

4. If one's goal is to stay alive and hopefully kill a town player, buddying to try to run a joint wagon is the optimal strategy.

5. If one's goal is to find out who the scum is, automatically townreading the player who the theory is you are on a scumteam with is not a good strategy

6. Bunny's behavior, reacting aggressively towards my wagon but being unwilling to take it for granted sweet being town, is exactly what I would expect from a town player

7. Sweet's behavior towards bunny, between the past instances of constantly agreeing with bunny, townreading him once I scumreaded both, and the egregious fact that sweet said he and bunny are "buddy cops" is very fitting of a scum trying to buddy bunny.

I conclude that sweet is scum but bunny is town.

##VOTE SWEET

(There's a lot of intuition in here, and a lot of my personal perspective. It's not a proof of either sweet being scum or bunny being town. It's simply a rough guide on how I came to that conclusion.)

Jamiet99uk

#2726 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 11:45 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:49 pm
##vote Bozo

I mostly want to flip Bozo or Vecna. Somebody please join me. I'm town, and I don't like all the shouting.
Yes.

##Vote Bozo

Scum is in Bozo / BunnyGo / Sweet / Worcej
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#2727 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 pm
I AM NOT A LIAR.

I HAVE BEEN THE MOST GENUINE TOWN PLAYER THIS ENTIRE GAME.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SUCK MY FUCKING BALLS.

I AM WILLING TO GO 1 VS 1 AGAINST SWEET OR BUNNY OR BOZO TODAY.

BRING IT ON
Go reread.

Or sleep.

Something.

Because this entire day has gone past you.

Try again.
Did you ever explain why KingOfThePirates was scum?

I asked for a detailed case but didn't see one.

Jamiet99uk

#2728 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 am

What is the vote count?

BunnyGo

#2729 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:52 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:04 pm
I AM NOT A LIAR.

I HAVE BEEN THE MOST GENUINE TOWN PLAYER THIS ENTIRE GAME.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, SUCK MY FUCKING BALLS.

I AM WILLING TO GO 1 VS 1 AGAINST SWEET OR BUNNY OR BOZO TODAY.

BRING IT ON
Go reread.

Or sleep.

Something.

Try again.

Not only did I before you asked for it, I then cited it after you asked for it AND KoP cited it AGAIN and responded.

This is what I've been ribbing you about.

Go read from page like 119. The original case is page 124. Then relinked to it again on page 130. KoP responded by citing it again after that but I'm tired of looking things up to cite for you for literally the third time. Please acknowledge receipt this time.

I'm worried a lot of this day has somehow gone past you without you reading it the first time or rereading to find things. I'm particularly worried because I strongly believe we're teammates and I know you can do better and be a useful teammate.

Also, is it proper to call you "Doctor Jamie" now? Are congratulations in order?

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#2730 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
What is the vote count?
Not sure. I'm voting Balki now. I don't hate the bozo wagon. I do hate the worcej wagon.

Jamiet99uk

#2731 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Go reread.

Or sleep.

Something.

Try again.

Not only did I before you asked for it, I then cited it after you asked for it AND KoP cited it AGAIN and responded.

Go read from page like 119. The original case is page 124. Then relinked to it again on page 130. KoP responded by citing it again after that but I'm tired of looking things up to cite for you for literally the third time. Please acknowledge receipt this time.

I'm worried a lot of this day has somehow gone past you without you reading it the first time or rereading to find things. I'm particularly worried because I strongly believe we're teammates and I know you can do better and be a useful teammate.

Also, is it proper to call you "Doctor Jamie" now? Are congratulations in order?
Okay then I apologise, and I apologise for using the C word in particular at you.

I am due to submit by the end of the year, so I'm not Doctor yet, but thanks for asking (especially given I was shouting at you at the time).

I have to admit I am currently finding the game very hard to follow. Each page is taking around 60 seconds to load on any computer (I have tried three devices and two different browsers) which is making it very hard to read back and forward. I assume Vecna is correct that the malfunctioning Bot is causing this latency. The lack of the Bot also makes it hard to look up posts - but the very slow loading time is the main problem.

I will read forward from Page 119 but it might take several hours.

Jamiet99uk

#2732 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:19 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:15 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
What is the vote count?
Not sure. I'm voting Balki now. I don't hate the bozo wagon. I do hate the worcej wagon.
Forgive me for asking for something you may have already provided, but could you summarise your reason for voting Balki?

He seems towny to me.

Jamiet99uk

#2733 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:34 pm

##Call GM

Vote counts, plz.

Jamiet99uk

#2734 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 pm
DAY HAS ENDED. PLEASE HOLD.
Here I am starting to go through the whole of the current day, from this marker, Flavius style. Forgive me if this is annoying, but I need to do it.

BunnyGo

#2735 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:49 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:17 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:12 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Okay then I apologise, and I apologise for using the C word in particular at you.

I am due to submit by the end of the year, so I'm not Doctor yet, but thanks for asking (especially given I was shouting at you at the time).

I have to admit I am currently finding the game very hard to follow. Each page is taking around 60 seconds to load on any computer (I have tried three devices and two different browsers) which is making it very hard to read back and forward. I assume Vecna is correct that the malfunctioning Bot is causing this latency. The lack of the Bot also makes it hard to look up posts - but the very slow loading time is the main problem.

I will read forward from Page 119 but it might take several hours.
That’s strange. I’ve noticed no latency at all.

As for the case on Balki:

1) POE
2) VCA (voted damo day 1, off the tied wagons day 2 on a vanity wagon of Vecna)—I his defense of day 2, his last post was 1 hour before EOD when Vecna was leading wagon.
3) seems like his around and doing nothing useful but being friendly and agreeable; has taken no memorable stands, has made no memorable investigations. Has not strongly changed his opinions at any point. At least not that I noticed.

BunnyGo

#2736 Post by BunnyGo » Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Here I am starting to go through the whole of the current day, from this marker, Flavius style. Forgive me if this is annoying, but I need to do it.
I love those flavius catch ups. I’m here for this.

Sigh. Can’t figure out how to get the popcorn gif to post. 🍿

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2737 Post by Chaqa » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm

M88 Day 4 Vote Count 3
bozotheclown (2): Balki Bartokomous, Jamiet99uk
Hamilton Brian (2): worcej [END], Bonatogether [END]
sweetandcool (2): DiplomacyandWarfare, Vecna
Balki Bartokomous (1): BunnyGo
DiplomacyandWarfare (1): sweetandcool [END]
kingofthepirates (1): bozotheclown
worcej (1): Hamilton Brian

Need to vote: kingofthepirates, Spartaculous

Currently NO ONE is set to be killed.

Just over 7 hours remain.

Jamiet99uk

#2738 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:55 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 pm
M88 Day 3 Final Vote Count
Lord of Words (6): Spartaculous, damo666, Hamilton Brian, sweetandcool, Diplomacy&Warfare, BunnyGo
Hamilton Brian (4): worcej, Bonatogether, Lord of Words, kingofthepirates
Bozotheclown (2): Balki Bartokomous, Jamiet99uk
worcej (2): Vecna, bozotheclown

PM me shortly if anything looks wrong.
Unfortunately the votes here don't tell us much, I don't think.

I pushed LoW strongly on D2 so I have to take some of the blame for him being flipped.

Hamilton as the second wagon is not surprising given the way some of us responded to his claim. If Hamilton is scum with Worcej, Worcej bussing him is unsurprising. If Hamilton is town, idk.

Hmmm. Perhaps Hamilton does need to flip at some point.

I will have a question for Hamilton in due course; but he may have addressed it himself so I will catch up first.

Jamiet99uk

#2739 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:53 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 12:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I love those flavius catch ups. I’m here for this.

Sigh. Can’t figure out how to get the popcorn gif to post. 🍿
You are being surprisingly nice to me considering how obnoxious I was towards you earlier, but thank you for that.

It's no excuse, but I have been struggling in RL following the death of my grandmother at the weekend, and I have been drinking quite heavily again. It's no excuse but thank you for not shouting at me.

Jamiet99uk

#2740 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri May 10, 2024 1:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:02 pm
The Dwarves awoke to find poor Groin son of Gloin dead, his luxurious beard stained with his blood. A few days earlier, he had accidentally let loose the bees, and few had dared to question him since, but now he found himself joining the Beekeeper he put in the ground. They mourned him by raising tankards of mead and crying out "DILLY DILLY!" en masse, and thereafter returned to their bickering.

damo666 has died. He was a Vanilla Worker.

You may post.
I agree with those who felt that Damo was targeted because Scum thought he might be the Cop. His angry response to Hamilton's claim, followed by his later defence of Hamilton when he retracted, could easily create that impression.