Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#5961 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:26 pm

If we can get all Town votes on brainbomb now, we’ll hammer.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5962 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:29 pm

Worcej and Chaqa, vote Brainbomb please.

DrFidelis

#5963 Post by DrFidelis » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:30 pm

##vote brain
"I cannot think, I cannot fight. With patience, I will find my way."

(hmu if you ever need to find a willing person to be the next 20 questions QM)

damo666

#5964 Post by damo666 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:31 pm

##vote brain ##end

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5965 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm

@Chaqa, please vote brainbomb.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5966 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:10 pm
We are going to hammer Brainbomb if we can get votes there quickly.
Why?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5967 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:21 pm
Also
I dont care about losing the game I am very passionate about my winrate on the scoresheet and id like this game result to reflect a no contest plz
The scoresheet is years out of date.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5968 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:22 pm
Actually I update the scoresheet so ill just do it myself lol
Please exclude all of the games I lost unfairly.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#5969 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm

Fair enough i guess

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5970 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm

Balki is acting super weird.

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5971 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm

@worcej and @Chaqa

Vote brainbomb now and we will hammer.

JustAGuyNamedWill

#5972 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:21 pm
Also
I dont care about losing the game I am very passionate about my winrate on the scoresheet and id like this game result to reflect a no contest plz
The scoresheet is years out of date.
There’s a scoresheet

i thought this was just for fun and not a competition XD

JustAGuyNamedWill

#5973 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:31 pm
##vote brain ##end
Unend

JustAGuyNamedWill

#5974 Post by JustAGuyNamedWill » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 pm

I think a scoresheet kind of makes a game like this too competitive imo

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#5975 Post by kingofthepirates » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:34 pm
@worcej and @Chaqa

look mate, we just ended night phase. there is no super big rush. those 2 might not even be online rn. give them some time, jeez...
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Balki Bartokomous
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5976 Post by Balki Bartokomous » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
@worcej and @Chaqa

look mate, we just ended night phase. there is no super big rush. those 2 might not even be online rn. give them some time, jeez...
If we can do this before Angels try to power Mean Machine, we should do that.

brainbomb

#5977 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 pm

I will not begin the tradition you love until balki admits town actually lost yesterday

brainbomb

#5978 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:37 pm

I bow down to the omnipotent Supreme Lord Krishna, the embodiment of supreme bliss, who by His own mouth expressed what had been taught with dexterity by Ananta Sesha's innumerable mouths.

Respectfully bowing down to Vishnu the preserver of the universe and Shiva who is in charge of universal destruction and being guided by devotion to them, I am writing this commentary named Subodini on Srimad Bhagavad-Gita.

After meticulously scrutinizing the opinions of Sankaracarya's commentary on Srimad Bhagavad- Gita and finding it not fully encompassing, as likewise also the opinions of his followers, I am beginning this Subodini commentary on Srimad Bhagavad-Gita.

By reading with intelligence this commentary called Subodini the meaning of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita will be illuminated and thus should always be meditated upon by the wise.

The extremely magnanimous Supreme Lord Krishna, whose feet are always worshipable by everyone; manifested Himself as the son of Devaki and Vasudev in this world for the ultimate benefit and welfare of all humanity.

The Supreme Lord Krishna with the light of absolute knowledge and the torch of esoteric wisdom, rescued Arjuna, whose discrimination being overpowered by grief and despondency as a result of harboring false conceptions, had the incorrect inclination to renounce his own authorised duty as a ksatriya and accept the unauthorised duties of a brahmana. This very subject taught by the literary incarnation, lila avatara, Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa is revealed in the seven hundred verses of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita. In these seven hundred verses Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa has written down all the verses spoken by Lord Krishna in his monumental historical epic, Mahabharata; and with great attention he has at certain places put a few of the verses in narrative form to properly introduce the dialogue of Lord Krishna to Arjuna. Thus this commentary known as Subodini will now commence.

Thus ends the introduction to the commentary of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita
by Sridhara Swami.

brainbomb

#5979 Post by brainbomb » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:39 pm

Adoring the Supreme Lord Krishna , the eternal preceptor, devoid of any defect, complete in Himself; I am giving the commentary known as Bhasya of Srimad Bhagavad-Gita in brief.
Introduction to the Bhasya
Being compassionate to all the people of this Earth, who are afflicted by a lack of righteousness in this world, as well as having little knowledge of their eternal constitutional position and the understanding of how to achieve it; due to the prayers of Brahma and Shiva; Visnu descended down to the material existence and incarnated as the resplendent Krishna Dwaipayana Vyasa for the purpose of disseminating the Ultimate Truth.

Consequently for propagating the means of acquiring what is of spiritual benefit and avoiding what is of no spiritual benefit and for elucidating the meaning of the Vedas in relation to human existence in the material world as well as for the sake of those not entitled to the knowledge of the Vedas such as sudras, mleechas, candalas and the many various sub-human species which predominate in all the countries of this Earth; Krishna Dvaipayana Vyasa knowing that salvation is only possible through inner realisations manifesting from a living entities consciousness situated in pure righteousness and considering this the magnanimous one, the writer of the words spoken in the Vedas which contain the Ultimate Truth which leads to the Ultimate Consciousness which reveals the Ultimate Personality, who is completely inconceivable by the mind and transcendental to the senses; compiled the Mahabharata by citing historical examples full of wisdom and practical instructions to enable humanity to have the direct revelation of the Supreme Lord Krishna's form, qualities, attributes and pastimes.

The administrators of the material worlds are the demigods and they for the sake of all living entities in the material existence besieged by the three fold miseries of old age, disease and death; devoid of knowledge of the Ultimate Truth even though entitled to it, beseeched Brahma to offer prayers to Visnu the protector of the demigods and preserver of all the worlds. Visnu being pleased incarnated as the resplendent Krishna Dvaipayana Vyasa and in other forms as well to illuminate the enlightened meaning of the Vedas to be perceived in a manner not normally accessible through the senses in the form of the fifth Veda, the best of the Vedas, the Mahabharata. Thus along with the Mahabharata, Pancharatra, Ramayana, the Puranas, Srimad Bhagavatam and many other excellent scriptures were compiled.

In the Narayanashtaksharakalpa it is stated:

Even Brahma does not know it fully; others know it but partially. Even the Rishis and Sages declare that verily the Mahabharata has multiple meanings of understanding it.

In the Narada Purana it is stated:

Beseeched by Brahma and Siva, Visnu narrated the Mahabharata which posesses ten different interpretations which cannot be perceived and understood by all living entities. Transcendentally and ingeniusly composed the Mahabharata was declared as the fifth and best Veda, containing the ten-fold meanings, propagating in all parts the glory of the Supreme Lord Krishna. For the realization of the Supreme Lord Krishna is verily better than even the study of the Vedas for it is by the studying of the Vedas that eventually knowledge of the Supreme Lord Krishna is to be known.

In the Skanda Purana it is stated:

Even if a twice born brahmana knows all the four Vedas and the Upanisads; but does not know the Puranas, then he cannot be considered well versed. Along with the historical accounts of Ramayana and Mahabharata the Puranas must also be accepted as authority. The personified Vedas reflecting, considered that in the future there might be some deception and concealment of the true meaning and goal of Vedanta, which is ultimately to understand the Supreme Lord Krishna. In order to insure that the Vedas would be protected the Mahabharata was written for the common man, the faithful and for the Supreme Lord, respectively. For this reason the Mahabharata has been composed.

In ancient times before the manifestation and division of time by the four yugas the Mahabharata and the Vedas were weighed on scales by Brahma, the demigods and the rsis the Mahabharata weighed heavier. Because it carries the weight of superior principles it is regaled and exalted as the Mahabharata. What is contained in Mahabharata is found in other Vedic scriptures; but what is not contained in Mahabharata is not to be found in any other Vedic scriptures. The Anusasanika Parva which contains the thousand names of Visnu known as the Visnu Sahasranama and the Udyoga Parva which contains the Bhagavad-Gita are paramount, being the very essence of Mahabharata.

According to Nirkuta the Mahabharata is a destroyer of all inauspiciousness. Thus considering the above references, veiws and traditions of the seers the greatness of Mahabharat can be perceived. Who else other than the Supreme Lord incarnate as Krishna Dvaipayana Vyasadeva could have composed the Mahabharata. This is the definitive understanding of all the Puranas and scriptures as spoken and by Narada and others. How else is it possible that all reactions due to offences are dissolved by the knowledge of even one of the intrinsic meanings of Mahabharatas 100,000 verses; but this is true.

Why are other scriptures unable to grant this? This fact is fully and unequivocally confirmed by the Mahabharata itself; but not for the sake of its own praise but solely for the sake of the salvation of humanity. This is an established fact and there is no need to have any doubts about it or any need to question its veracity. The Mahabharata has all the essential ingredients to evolve and protect humanity and Srimad Bhagavad-Gita is the epitome of the Mahabharata being its essence just as ghee is the essence of milk and pollen is the essence of flowers.

In the Kurma Purana it is stated:

Amongst all scriptures the Mahabharata is the best, amongst the 100,000 verses of the Mahabharata, Srimad Bhagavad-Gita is the best and should be contemplated thoroughly with its wisdom incorporated into ones everyday life. The thousand names of Visnu also included within the Mahabharata should also be studied as well. Verily this is the essence of righteousness capable of revealing the Ultimate Truth, achieving communion with the Ultimate Consciousness and the realization of the Ultimate Personality, the Supreme Lord Krishna within the heart of every living entity.

Thus ends the introduction to the Bhasya or commentary to Srimad Bhagavad-Gita
by Madhvacaraya.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5980 Post by ghug » Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:41 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:36 pm
kingofthepirates wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 pm
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
@worcej and @Chaqa

If we can do this before Angels try to power Mean Machine, we should do that.
Why brain, though?

##VOTE Snowy just so you'll take me seriously