Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: Mafia 87: Madness in Mega-City One - GAME THREAD

#3941 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:50 pm

##CALLGM

Try:
Diplomacy\&Warfare
Diplomacy\&Warfare
Diplomacy%26amp;Warfare
Diplomacy%26Warfare

(Or just leave it, we can deal)

brainbomb

#3942 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:52 pm

but yea, massclaim seems really bad

sweetandcool

#3943 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:57 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:50 pm
##CALLGM

Try:
Diplomacy\&Warfare
Diplomacy\&Warfare
Diplomacy%26amp;Warfare
Diplomacy%26Warfare

(Or just leave it, we can deal)
It's worth a try.

Diplomacy\&Warfare has died, he was the Fink Angel, the Roleblocker
Diplomacy\&Warfare has died, he was the Fink Angel, the Roleblocker
Diplomacy%26amp;Warfare has died, he was the Fink Angel, the Roleblocker
Diplomacy%26Warfare has died, he was the Fink Angel, the Roleblocker

Jamiet99uk

#3944 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:57 pm

Diplomacy\&Warfare has died. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy\&Warfare is dead. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy%26amp;Warfare has died. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy%26Warfare is dead. He was Fink Angel.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#3945 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:57 pm
Diplomacy\&Warfare has died. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy\&Warfare is dead. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy%26amp;Warfare has died. He was Fink Angel.
Diplomacy%26Warfare is dead. He was Fink Angel.
He is some kind of invincible demi-lich, apparently.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3946 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:11 pm

I think Peter put though thought into preventing people from breaking the bot with their posts that this might just be impossible.

Jamiet99uk

#3947 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Well, Dip&War is aware that he was voted out, and he knows not to post here, so that will have to suffice for now.

Night ends in 2 hrs 48 minutes.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3948 Post by Chaqa » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:19 pm

I have emailed Peter to see if he can help. Darg and I also tried to fix this with the manual "Kill Player" command on the bot but it did not work.

Ghug, we may need to learn Erlang.

foodcoats

#3949 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:21 pm

ND wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:39 pm
I won’t have time to post again this phase so here are my thoughts. If I die then I die. Good luck.

-Kotp: No idea. This could be a mechanical thing. It could also be maia obfuscation which my reveal interrupted. Maybe someone who wants to bait visits at night. But, I just don’t know.

Dip&War. Glad he got hammered. GG.

-Ghug/Will/DrF.
DrF. -I caught a scum tell with his vote on me earlier in the game.
Will. -It’s always suspicious when people talk about shielding or avoiding scrutiny of new players; especially serious advocacy for it.
Ghug. -Out of this group most likely to be playing with interests not aligned with town. I caught an instance of him hedging D2.

-Balki/Brain
-Brain. It’s always hard to say. Brain is a good player. I can’t offer a substantial read on him at this time.
-Balki. More problematic. His focus on mechanics, plans, and stuff like that is an easy way for scum to hide. A discussion like that allows people to have the appearance of adding to the game without actually adding to the game. He would be a scum lean for me.

-Snowy/Kak
-Kak/Snowy. I saw a comment from snowy about how I was being ‘mean’ to Kak. I completely disagree and again we see a player falling back on ‘feelings’ as a crutch. It’s not being mean to throw a punch in a game such as forum mafia. Each game is its own thing and the game revolves around statements, evidence, facts. When a player doesn’t draw on the body of evidence and instead uses the low post count of a player or how they ‘feel’ then that is problematic. Why? Because the scum have nothing of value to say and they look for crutches like this to blend in or they try to mimic or vote with the tide (like what DrF did during d1). They don’t produce value. When I point out that Kak doesn’t produce anything of value that is not being mean. That is being factual. Talking about removing someone because they don’t post more on D1 or because of something they said and how that makes you feel isn’t forum mafia. IDK what it is. It’s not mean to criticize someone playing in this way because it means they are either really bad or mafia. I actually don’t think Kak is mafia though just based on his reaction to my claim. He was shocked that his theory didn’t hold water and wanted to do anything to make it work. Anyway, I don’t want to poke too much but it’s more of a bad player than a scum tell if that makes sense. And to wrap this up I would have more of a scum lean on Snowy for promoting this ‘feelings/mean’ stuff.

-Chaqa
-I don’t have much to say other than I have a neutral read on him. He told me in the sign up thread that, ‘thanks for volunteering on being the day 1 kill’ or something like that. He kept his word and mostly targeted me so it’s hard to make any kind of read on that. It’s obvious that he dislikes my politics and has mentioned politics multiple times when that has nothing to do with the game and I have never mentioned politics in this game. He is obviously a very small minded and intolerant person. Truly unable to let go of past grievances and anyone who can’t play a fresh game really has no business playing in a forum game. However, I expect him to be around for years to stink up these games.

Others
I didn't give a read on everyone. Others like Worcej are town cleared. So, anyway if I die then gl.
I like this ND guy. He has been sorely misrepresented. Put Chaqa in free speech jail!

foodcoats

#3950 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:19 pm
I have emailed Peter to see if he can help. Darg and I also tried to fix this with the manual "Kill Player" command on the bot but it did not work.

When ghug wrote out the word "Erlang" earlier I thought it was either a weird Scandinavian black metal band I'd never heard of, or the language of an imaginary race of beings from a bad 1970s LOTR ripoff series. I cannot fathom how they named a coding language that.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3951 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:25 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:19 pm

I mean that's doable as long as it's just little tweaks. Peter's probably going to have to approve a pill request at the very least, though

brainbomb

#3952 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:27 pm

If I am cop I am visiting Pirate

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3953 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:27 pm
That's a choice

brainbomb

#3954 Post by brainbomb » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:27 pm
That's a choice
YARRR

foodcoats

#3955 Post by foodcoats » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 pm

If I am a cop I am visiting damo666.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#3956 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 pm

Regarding dip’s refusal to die (man literally too angry to die meme here): A pact made with death, a gamble taken too far, perhaps? But one must applause his survivability…
Back to the game…
Firstly, my night business: I’m unclear as to how much longer I can be active this phase after now. I got another class, clubs, and a doctors appointment all lined up in a nice, neat, slightly pain filled line. In light of this, I will be investigating brain. Why: because I feel like it. And it’ll give information one way or another, particularly since I feel like brain is one of the people we don’t have much info on. Have fun y’all! And if I die, I hope Jamie has a fun story to send me out…

Other thoughts: ND makes good points, I don’t particularly object to any of them. Suspicion of me can be justified, though it is misplaced. I am doing my best to act in towns interest, and towns interest alone. Will/DrF does make sense. I think those two are def on the same team (which team is unknown to me) and Will is using the fact I am also new to protect DrF, and possibly swing me to his side as well, perhaps only to stab at the end? Sorry for the ramble, but this could be my final actual message of substance, not just for tonight, but maybe the whole game.

Side note: I dunno if it’s just me, but ND feels a bit grumpy (not just today either, d2 as well). Not an accusation or anything bad, but just some vibes. I’d like to ask others (particularly ND) if this is normal? Quite a shock after d1 uwu speak.

In the words of the former governor of California, HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

worcej

#3957 Post by worcej » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:44 pm

I like being town cleared so that you all understand lurking me isn't scum me.

worcej

#3958 Post by worcej » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:45 pm

If I was a cop, I'd scan Balki so that everyone could decide if he should be a talkie or a walkie.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3959 Post by ghug » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:08 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:33 pm
Regarding dip’s refusal to die (man literally too angry to die meme here): A pact made with death, a gamble taken too far, perhaps? But one must applause his survivability…
Back to the game…
Firstly, my night business: I’m unclear as to how much longer I can be active this phase after now. I got another class, clubs, and a doctors appointment all lined up in a nice, neat, slightly pain filled line. In light of this, I will be investigating brain. Why: because I feel like it. And it’ll give information one way or another, particularly since I feel like brain is one of the people we don’t have much info on. Have fun y’all! And if I die, I hope Jamie has a fun story to send me out…

Other thoughts: ND makes good points, I don’t particularly object to any of them. Suspicion of me can be justified, though it is misplaced. I am doing my best to act in towns interest, and towns interest alone. Will/DrF does make sense. I think those two are def on the same team (which team is unknown to me) and Will is using the fact I am also new to protect DrF, and possibly swing me to his side as well, perhaps only to stab at the end? Sorry for the ramble, but this could be my final actual message of substance, not just for tonight, but maybe the whole game.

Side note: I dunno if it’s just me, but ND feels a bit grumpy (not just today either, d2 as well). Not an accusation or anything bad, but just some vibes. I’d like to ask others (particularly ND) if this is normal? Quite a shock after d1 uwu speak.

In the words of the former governor of California, HASTA LA VISTA, BABY!
Point of order: outed cops shouldn't announce their targets at night unless they can do it at the last possible second, because the scum then have the ability to plan around it.

The uwu thing was a bit. This is the real ND.

Kakarroto

#3960 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:32 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:06 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:15 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:42 pm
hey man cool fake reads. I like how you have rdrivera in there who is heavily scumreading me and theres like zero thoughts about why he would be my scum buddy there
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:11 pm
I don’t know if you know this but your maf team isn’t the only maf team XD
that brain post pinged me with that conclusion (in red). I didn't want to take any reactions away from will, but seeing he did, I must say, I find it quite sus from brain to go to that conclusion. It heavily questions my town read from him here, because I think that town brain would not think that way. I mean, sure, I could be wrong, but man, that doesn't look good. Like, the very first thing that came into my mind was 'oh he probably thinks they are on different teams', as will said later. I find it very hard to believe that brain would overlook such a simple conclusion
He thinks rivera is scum
Rivera was roleblocked
Likely not an angel

He thinks I am also scum
I pushed, cased and successfully killed dip (even if the bot doesnt think so)
Also not an Angel

Rdrivera thinks I am scum

So wills scumread means he thinks im
Teamed with rivera as there is no other explanation
you are jumping to conclusions where it's not correct, because he could read you both as mafia with just disregarding that logic. Also, it it not 100%, as you said yourself 'likely'. And there is always the possibility of people just bussing. Heck, it could be just a lie about the rb.

Why are you thinking that RD was 100% rb'ed?