A new RPG idea

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: A new RPG idea

#41 Post by brainbomb » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:07 pm

I will see you in court mr bob

Pengwinja

#42 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:17 pm

Good luck with that, I ate the Jury. >:)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#43 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:37 pm

oh... and I also leave the pub. I don't care where I go. Where everyone else does. But out of here.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#44 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:49 pm

Actually... Bob looks around for a shop he's heard of: Brazilian Adventure Tours.

kingofthepirates
Location: Dragon Temple, Crumbling Farum Azula, The Lands Between

#45 Post by kingofthepirates » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 pm

Noticing the attempt at disturbing the ensemble, Numen jumps up indignantly from their seat. “Hey! You there! Ambling non-descript man of indeterminate age! Leave my ensemble alone!” They call, brandishing a guitar with suspiciously sharp and shiny edges and some odd red splatters here and there
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

Pengwinja

#46 Post by Pengwinja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:32 pm

After trying to ingest some humans, as a final action, Darrel catches Numen’s vibes and tries to (if he isn’t stopped forcibly) turn into a boombox and starts blasting out awesome battle tunes, which are so loud that all the mugs in the bar start cracking.

DarthPorg36

#47 Post by DarthPorg36 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:42 am

After downing his mead, Aelvyn, realizing his services are not needed, decides to try and be a hero for himself. The first thing a hero needs, he thinks, is a quest! Dodging the flying alcohol, he scurries over near the barman, trying to remain hidden, to see if he can overhear any secret conversations about suspicious activities in the area. Otherwise, if the barman mentions where one could get a cool sword, Aelvyn will try to track that down too.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#48 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:00 am

Count:
1 Leave tavern and go to Brazilian Adventure Tours
1 Leave tavern and go to where voices are heard from (town hall)
2 Go to court
mOctave wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:26 am
Qlik, having found that imbibing large amounts of alcohol is a temporary cure for temporal displacement, remains passed out unless someone dumps something cold and wet over his head.

If someone does, he groans and climbs awkwardly to his feet.
Nobody dumps anything both cold and wet over your head. You are a projectile.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:39 pm
*offers legal advice to some of the people injured in the brawl*

You could always sue these people for assault and battery. Thwack, Minister of all things Legal and Un-Legal, at your service. Need a potion? Im your guy. Need compensation for toxic fumes you breathed while in the crab mine dungeoun? I'm also your guy. I do declare
*Chair flies past your head*
*Flying chair directed by a naive young man smacks you in your face*
*Mimic eats someone nearby*
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:40 pm
Bram and several of his mercenaries attempt to break up the brawl and calm everyone down.

"Calm down, ye bloody fools!"
You have successfully joined the brawl and escalated the fight. A hulking half-orc walks up to Bram and punches him in his face, multiple times.
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:12 pm
The priestess, quite surprised by the sudden start of a brawl, and that everyone seemed to ignore her greeting and question, turns to the barkeeper and friendly asks him: "Does this happen often here? It seems quite aggressive. Don't you mind that they smash your interior? I think they had drunk too much and I should do something. Please, bring your alcohol in a safe corner, away from the fight, I might need to ask for the goddess power and I don't intent to cleanse your beverage of its alcohol. I should do so only if would be fine with that."

She waits for it until the barkeeper does so, or gives his acknowledgement, then plans to purge the alcohol in the area around the fight and the people, probably also affecting Qlik who lies on the floor due to it, if it is needed at the time.

But right after she talked to him, she steps next to Bram, who seemed a voice of calm and reason, and tries to help stop the fight and to calm everyone down with just friendly words like him, ready to pray for the removal of their intoxications if the barkeeper gives her a signal.
"Ay, are you trying to stop this fight? Fights are good for business. They sell more ale!"
Pengwinja wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:42 pm
While the fight is going on, one of the barrels seem to be quaking. The barrel then grows teeth and a large tongue. Darrel, (who is a barrel), is a mimic, which is different than the other mimics, mainly due to Darrel not believing in chests.

Darrel rolls over to Bram’s mercenaries and tries to eat the smallest ones.
-1 mercenary.
Chairpusher wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:12 pm
Happy to have made sure no one would see him buy the map. Efax :

1. Buys map with a very low denomination coin;
2. Asks Bar-keep if he can buy supplies from somewhere close;
3. Leave Tavern and head for sound of voices.
The barkeeper responds, "Oh, yes, you might find supplies at the expedition supplies store. Unfortunately, they're not open at this hour. Perhaps you might want to stay the night here?" He then states an enormous sum as the expense for one room.
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:35 pm
Savagery. Such savagery. Surely my kind could teach people a thing or two about manners. I mean trying to eat people... such a thing only happens.. In places like the Congo I would think. Not here in our fair tavern.

(sips a very martini in a ridiculously small martini glass)
Your martini is shattered by... is that an unconscious man suffering from temporal displacement that someone just threw at you?
kingofthepirates wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:59 pm
As the fight continues, Numen, upset by the lack of awesome background music, decides to add it themselves. Whipping out a full ensemble out of seemingly nowhere, they begin to play every instrument simultaneously. Surprisingly, this actually ends up sounding good, a pretty good score for the scene at hand.
Rather then punching indiscriminately, the patrons are now fighting to the beat of your music.
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:45 pm
Bob McBobson, a non-descript man, of indeterminate age, ambles in to the bar, carefully avoiding contact with swinging fists, hurled mugs, and the expected, but as of yet unnoted, flying chair.

Bob suspects he has two abilities, one class, and one amazing superpower... because his mum and dad always assured Bob that this was the case. So far, despite two dragon-hunting expeditions (no dragon seen nor smelled), one bank robbery attempt (the bank where Bob keeps his funds, and Bob changed his mind about taking the funds after the clerk cheerfully attempted to hand Bob a bag with a Dholarian monetary symbol printed on it), and four unsuccessful romantic ventures (no description forthcoming, nothing occured).

Bob ambles a lot... experimenting occasionally with experiencing experiments to discern and/or ascertain the above mentioned abilities, class, and superpowers.

So amidst the fight Bob:
1) Attempts to divert a flying chair towards anyone who resembles a snooty monocled lawyerish monster. No chair. Probably no success.
2) Drink two beers, left on the bar by fighting fighters. Not sure if this is any of the three things Bob wonders about, if he successfully consumes the beers.
3) Attempts to tap one toe to the interesting and suprisingly skillful ensemble playing an almost recognizable tune... or set of tunes... or SOME kind of music.
You direct a flying chair, which exists because you said so, at the lawyer-hobgoblin. It whacks said lawyer in the face.
You successfully consume two very strong beers and are now mildly inebriated.
You tap one toe to the tune being played by the ensemble. Nobody notices.
Pengwinja wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:32 pm
After trying to ingest some humans, as a final action, Darrel catches Numen’s vibes and tries to (if he isn’t stopped forcibly) turn into a boombox and starts blasting out awesome battle tunes, which are so loud that all the mugs in the bar start cracking.
A broken mug is thrown at the boombox, but misses due to the thrower being drunk.
DarthPorg36 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:42 am
After downing his mead, Aelvyn, realizing his services are not needed, decides to try and be a hero for himself. The first thing a hero needs, he thinks, is a quest! Dodging the flying alcohol, he scurries over near the barman, trying to remain hidden, to see if he can overhear any secret conversations about suspicious activities in the area. Otherwise, if the barman mentions where one could get a cool sword, Aelvyn will try to track that down too.
You scurry over to the barman and hear something about fights and ale being said to a nearby elven priestess.

Everyone is forcibly dragged to a nearby court that exists because someone threw a flying chair at a hobgoblin.
Round 5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A mimic ate the jury and nobody else arrived yet, so you can all decide what positions you fill in the court. BobMcBobson is on trial for... brain? What is Minister Thwack suing BobMcBobson for?

Pengwinja

#49 Post by Pengwinja » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:13 am

Darrel is sad that he cannot eat more tiny people, but then he spots Aelvyn from across the court room. Darrel tries to roll over to him, but cannot, because Darrel is not currently a barrel. Darrel has an identity crisis, because Darrel is no longer a barrel. He turns into whatever the next person says, because he can’t remember what a barrel is called.

kingofthepirates

#50 Post by kingofthepirates » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:27 am

Numen decides that a court scene requires appropriate music. Noticing a jobless mimic, Numen politely requests the mimic turn into a violin, while also producing a piano, drums, and various other instruments, again seemingly out of thin air. The instruments begin to play themselves, while Numen takes up the violin and begins to play to introduction theme to Judge Judy (Beethoven’s 5th, first movement according to Google) as a prelude to the case.

Action 1: producing all required instruments, including the requested violin
Action 2: playing the song
“In the darkness, a blind man is the best guide. In an age of madness, look to the madman to show the way.”- Roboute Guilliman

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#51 Post by dargorygel » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:35 am

Bob ambles contemplatively... thinking about some potential evidence of something that might be quite so non-descript. He lifts, in a way that usually would not have been noticed, and certainly was laughed at during twnnis lessns, his beige tennis racket.

1) Bob hits a tennis ball at what he hopes is just the right angle to barely MISS the first four folk entering the tennis court. Especially the ensemble.
2) Bob thinks about everyone's skin tone becoming plaid.
3) Bob wants to buy one of the rangers a drink from the court concession stand.

Chairpusher

#52 Post by Chairpusher » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:56 am

Efax, thanks the barkeep for the offer of a room, but declines.

1. Leaves the tavern and heads for the sound of voices outside;
2. Keeps an eye out for the expedition supplies store;
3. Looks for money on the floor.

PRINCE WILLIAM

#53 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:41 am

If I had seen this when it started, I'd have joined. May I do so now?

kingofthepirates

#54 Post by kingofthepirates » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:57 am

PRINCE WILLIAM wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:41 am
If I had seen this when it started, I'd have joined. May I do so now?
Please do! The more the merrier!

Pengwinja

#55 Post by Pengwinja » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:09 pm

Darrel (the formal barrel) is now a violin. Numen probably has a violin bow handy, but if not, Darrel comes with one. So far, Darrel has:

1. Utterly failed to eat Aelvyn.
2. Had an identity crisis.
3. Transformed into a violin.

Darrel’s only mission is to find out his original form.

Diplomacy&Warfare

#56 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:22 pm

Chairpusher wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:56 am

You have been dragged to the courtroom at the end of Round four (this was at the end of the round 4 post by me). Also, in general everyone is moved to a different location when some of the party moves there. You could take an action to attempt to stay where you are though, counting against one attempt to leave.

Kakarroto

#57 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:09 am

A "round" ends when I post. Each round, you may post once
(just want to put out a friendly reminder that this is in the rules, even if it looks like it isn't enforced)

Having been next to Bram and his group, Aeraalys noticed what the violin/barrel/strange creature had done to the poor mercenary, and thinks of what to do to reverse the fate of that person.

She comes up with a plan that should make it very dizzy and cough up any recent and sudden meal the creature had, and since the mercenary was slurped down whole, he should still be somewhat fine when coming out that way.

"Hey, mister bard, it would be quite the show to throw and juggle the violin while playing it, right? I bet you can throw it into the air quite high, and make it spin more than twenty times that way? I'm sure everyone would appreciate such a display of skill!"

She tries to get Numen, the great bard and master performer, to perform a giant juggle show with the violin/former barrel, and cheers him on it, but also watches out for the poor mercenary, if he gets spit out mid flight, so he might be land on someone safe, or at least, if he lands hard, to heal him afterwards so he is fine.

kingofthepirates

#58 Post by kingofthepirates » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:44 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:09 am

A "round" ends when I post. Each round, you may post once
(just want to put out a friendly reminder that this is in the rules, even if it looks like it isn't enforced)
Thanks for the reminder! I’ll throw in my final action:
Numen considers the idea, finding it to be quite exciting. Towards the end of the performance, Numen begins to juggle while still managing to play well.

kingofthepirates

#59 Post by kingofthepirates » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:45 pm

Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:22 pm
Chairpusher wrote:

You have been dragged to the courtroom at the end of Round four (this was at the end of the round 4 post by me). Also, in general everyone is moved to a different location when some of the party moves there. You could take an action to attempt to stay where you are though, counting against one attempt to leave.
Wait… this is a post! The last round ended!

Diplomacy&Warfare

#60 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm

kingofthepirates wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:45 pm
Diplomacy&Warfare wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:22 pm
Chairpusher wrote:

Wait… this is a post! The last round ended!
No, we are still on round 5. The "when I post the round ends" rule is referring to posts where I quote everyone and then do the thing with a horizontal line.