Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#2821 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:30 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:28 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:18 pm

This makes me "assume" you are sweetandcool's teammate.
If you are town, you should read this and tell me where I am wrong:
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:44 am
That was a good play by sweetandcool to get foodcoats DKed, but his flip has resolved some things:
1. foodcoats being the ECO confirms Jamie as mafia. Jamie reporting ECO as a result makes it almost certain he is the Police Commissioner and reported a real result.
2. foodcoats being the ECO confirms sweetandcool is mafia from my perspective, probably the Corrupt Cop who initially tried to hide in the delivered/undelivered group then switched to the town/mafia group when he realized foodcoats was the ECO and roleblocked.
3. Jamie being mafia confirms that Diplomacy&Warfare is the Middle Manager, and Diplomacy&Warfare's report confirms Bob targeted foodcoats and roleblocked him, making Bob the Sicko or Curfew Enforcer.
4. foodcoats being the ECO confirms lfischl is the doctor.
5. The vote count being correct confirms BK3K did target Bob and is the Lobbyist.

I know damo is the Paper Delivery Boy, heart is the Internal Affairs, and worcej is town. Kakarroto is the only one who fit as News Host, and Chaqa is now confirmed as the Door-Darter.

The roleblocks indicate that Frogsterking and Bob are the Sicko and Curfew Enforcer in either order.

That leaves brainbomb, Nephthys, worcej, and Hamilton for Mail Man, Ruber Driver, Corrupt Cop, and DaDa Driver, but I know worcej is town, so he must be the Mail Man, making brainbomb the E-Mail Hacker. Nephthys report of a player ID is consistent with Ruber Driver and DaDa Driver, but Hamilton’s claim is not, making Nephthys the Ruber Driver and Hamilton the DaDa Driver with a fake claim report.

So, unless I made a mistake, the only ambiguity left for me is which one of Frogsterking and Bob is the Sicko and which one is the Curfew Enforcer. Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious, it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list, so I think Frogsterking is probably the Sicko.

That leaves this:
babyspice: Polster
BK3K: Lobbyist
Bob: Curfew Enforcer (possibly Sicko)
bozo: Detective
brainbomb: E-Mail Hacker
Chaqa: Door-Darter
damo: Paper Delivery Boy
Diplomacy&Warfare: Middle Manager
Frogsterking: Sicko (possibly Curfew Enforcer)
Hamilton: DaDa Driver
heart: Internal Affairs
Jamie: Police Commissioner
Kakarroto: News Host
Lfischl: Doctor
Nephthys: Ruber Driver
sweetandcool: Corrupt Cop
worcej: Mail Man

This means the mafia team is brainbomb, Hamilton, Jamie, sweetandcool, and one of Frogsterking and Bob.

Frogsterking

#2822 Post by Frogsterking » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:33 pm

Oh..I did read bozo's explanation for why they messed up their claim..yes, it was hilarious..
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:34 am
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:35 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:22 am
These two posts of Bozo's don't make sense.

If he received a role message, why is he even considering that he could have been the target of the food delivery?
Because I targeted Bozo so he had to consider if was Door Darter, the absence of a food message means i wasnt Darter.

HOWEVER the use of the verb 'assume' is mega important. No assumption is required as my target has their role revealed to them.

Looks like Bozo suckered me in and is caught.

Apologies to sweet.
The reason I said that is because I misinterpreted the Door Darter role PM when I read it, I thought it was meant as an almost direct equivalent to the Paper Delivery Boy except it provided a fake role PM instead of the players real role PM, because I read "addtional PM" and an addition role PM, and I thought the part about the food might have been irrelevant, like the part about the "newspaper subscription" in the Paper Delivery Boy role PM. So, when I said I assumed I was the Detective, I thought there might have been a possibility that I received a fake role PM because you were the Door Darter.

I think it should now be obvious that sweetandcool was fake claiming a result as mafia and switched his claim when his fake claim implicated him.

brainbomb

#2823 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:37 pm

bozo, I can tell you that you are mistaken because I am not mafia. youve been out to get me all game and youve consistently been trying to list be as scum but when challenged youve fled that idea.

it started when you expressed that my fight with jamie couldnt be scum theatre but also wasnt evidence of me being t/t either. pretty much I think you have an agenda if you are town, or youre mafia pushing a bad mech list. either way its wrong.

brainbomb

#2824 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:18 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm
If Jamie and brain are BOTH scum I'll eat my hat.

In fact I'd be most surprised if either are scum and I will not be surprised if one of them is tonight's kill (I'm pleading with scum to do the community a favour).

@brain @Jamie only kidding with the plea to scum!
They were both mafia in the first game I played here (M30), and I don't think their interaction was that different.
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:20 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:46 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:42 pm
Can I just say no offense to babyspice but I feel like regardless of what my power is, it is going to pretty boring being used on baby spice who is probably town. They didnt even know how to send the GM a message to submit a night action, which if they were mafia theyd be in a discord and wouldnt even need to use the forum message system to send a night action. usually the discord template has a mafia actions section where scum members submit both their factional kills and their other night actions. Assuming monarch used the discord template, baby spice would have to be really playing dumb there to be anything other than spewed town now
Ah, that is a very neat townslip from baby, thank you for noting this bomb.
It would be funny if brainbomb told her to do that in mafia chat.
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:16 am

Since brainbomb claims to have targeted babyspice (which would follow the list), babyspice being the Polster and brainbomb being the Ruber Driver or Mail Man seems very likely, especially since babyspice claims to have targeted lfischl (which would follow the list), and lfischl did vote for Just D1. Also, Nephthys claims to have targeted heart, who did not vote for Diplomacy&Warfare D1.

I get the sense that you were really really wanting a reason to put a scumread on me but there just wasnt one until you cooked up the mech list the way you wanted it to seem

brainbomb

#2825 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:43 pm

I dont have a problem being scumread by you but dont pretend that this idea is fueled by mech. you wanted me to be mafia with jamie first, then you wanted me to be mafia with baby spice after that.

I cant tell if those are jokes, or chiding, but youve never given a single benefit of the doubt to me that my posts were town indicative or commented at all on their substance

bozotheclown

#2826 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:44 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:37 pm
bozo, I can tell you that you are mistaken because I am not mafia. youve been out to get me all game and youve consistently been trying to list be as scum but when challenged youve fled that idea.

it started when you expressed that my fight with jamie couldnt be scum theatre but also wasnt evidence of me being t/t either. pretty much I think you have an agenda if you are town, or youre mafia pushing a bad mech list. either way its wrong.
You and Jamie are now both confirmed mafia from my perspective, and soon you will be confirmed as the E-Mail Hacker.

bozotheclown

#2827 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:43 pm
I dont have a problem being scumread by you but dont pretend that this idea is fueled by mech. you wanted me to be mafia with jamie first, then you wanted me to be mafia with baby spice after that.

I cant tell if those are jokes, or chiding, but youve never given a single benefit of the doubt to me that my posts were town indicative or commented at all on their substance
I knew this game would be solved mechanically, so I did not pay much attention to anything else, and I did not particularly suspect you were mafia previously, despite the posts you mentioned.

brainbomb

#2828 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:37 pm

You and Jamie are now both confirmed mafia from my perspective, and soon you will be confirmed as the E-Mail Hacker.
I will soon be confirmed as your mom

brainbomb

#2829 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:43 pm

I knew this game would be solved mechanically, so I did not pay much attention to anything else, and I did not particularly suspect you were mafia previously, despite the posts you mentioned.
so the consistent jokes implying I was mafia with random various players was all just jokes?

brainbomb

#2830 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:48 pm

do me a favor and from a scum perspective tell me in a string of miskills what order you prioritize me.
am I your top priority now or where am I in the string of things youre going to be outted for?

brainbomb

#2831 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:51 pm

its obvious to me you plan to roleblock me now causing any result I would get to be a failure and then I wont be able to verify that you arent a cop, or get a scan like kak was suggesting. So its obvious to me that I will be your top miskill choice tomorrow after im forced to say my result as a failure regardless of who id visit.

so then after I die and flip town youll need some way to keep surviving and claim you got it all wrong, and youll jumble up your whole reads and mech list so you can churn out 3 or 4 more miskills from among people you know arent scum.

Id just like to see the list one more time attached to this post if you can so people dont fall for it later when you bullshit your way through them also

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2832 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:52 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:22 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:02 pm
@Chaqa Bozo or Sweet and who's 5th?
My understanding is Bozo is also confTown but Im not sure
No. He reported that he received his role in additional pm thereby making me PDB but in light of sweet's claim Bozo may (perhaps probably) was notified of his mafia role and just claimed detective thereby quasi clearing worcej.
I'm going to have to make a spreadsheet. I hate this.

Frogsterking

#2833 Post by Frogsterking » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:32 pm

I think you are wrong in so many ways that the question should be rephrased to "list all the different ways I am wrong." I will show the way that jumped out to me as an example:
bozotheclown wrote:
Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious, it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list, so I think Frogsterking is probably the Sicko.
That's a bullshit, made-up read lol. "It appears the rest of the mafia followed the list..." so allegedly you are assuming that all mafia are doing the same thing because...? How would you even know what the other 4 mafia are doing? "Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious..." you can't even get the words out to scum read me without qualifying your read on Bob first. Yes lol, concealing information, being caught visiting foodcoats who was roleblocked, ghosting the thread and lolcatting does make them look suspicious, good job. Of course somehow "following the list" is more scummy because "...it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list..." right...

brainbomb

#2834 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:57 pm

speaking of, chaqa, hows your mom doing? everything ok?

BobMcBob

#2835 Post by BobMcBob » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:57 pm

All the mafia followed the list, it's a known fact. Therefore because I didn't follow the list I'm clearly not scum. Either that or my teammates are really bad at convincing me to play in a way that'll get me townread.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2836 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:57 pm
She just got home. No stroke. Daily migraine meds and told to make sure she doesn't miss her caffeine, or at least to slowly ween off it if she's not going to drink it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2837 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:59 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
All the mafia followed the list, it's a known fact. Therefore because I didn't follow the list I'm clearly not scum. Either that or my teammates are really bad at convincing me to play in a way that'll get me townread.
WHO

DID

YOU

TARGET

AND

WHAT

WAS

THE

RESULT

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2838 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:00 pm

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Frogsterking

#2839 Post by Frogsterking » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:01 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:59 pm
brainbomb wrote:
She just got home. No stroke. Daily migraine meds and told to make sure she doesn't miss her caffeine, or at least to slowly ween off it if she's not going to drink it.
Congrats!

bozotheclown

#2840 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:02 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:53 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:32 pm

I think you are wrong in so many ways that the question should be rephrased to "list all the different ways I am wrong." I will show the way that jumped out to me as an example:
bozotheclown wrote:
Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious, it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list, so I think Frogsterking is probably the Sicko.
That's a bullshit, made-up read lol. "It appears the rest of the mafia followed the list..." so allegedly you are assuming that all mafia are doing the same thing because...? How would you even know what the other 4 mafia are doing? "Although Bob not claiming does look suspicious..." you can't even get the words out to scum read me without qualifying your read on Bob first. Yes lol, concealing information, being caught visiting foodcoats who was roleblocked, ghosting the thread and lolcatting does make them look suspicious, good job. Of course somehow "following the list" is more scummy because "...it appears the rest of the mafia followed the list..." right...
Based the claims, it is confirmed to me that 2 of the other mafia (Jamie and brainbomb) followed the list, and there is no reason to think the other 2 (Hamilton and sweetandcool) did not, although thinking about it again, sweetandcool may not have followed the list because he was assigned a mafia target.

In any case, the game is essentially over.