Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#2381 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 pm

lfischl wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:04 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:03 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:58 pm
Sweet, can you explain a bit more why you would lie about your result?
Because I returned possibly the best role, possibly the 2nd best role, and probably not Mail Man given the results I was seeing.

So I either was Detective or essentially Detective. Of course I would lie. Was stunned when Bozo claimed they got the role PM and decided to reveal it as Detective. (Not shedding doubt on Bozo, just stunned they would do that).
Wasn’t the whole point of the coordination to mass claim and narrow the pool to as little as possible?
What's my scum tell?

sweetandcool

#2382 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:20 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 pm
Actually, this will literally be entertaining if we vote me out. Okay, please hammer. You're going to love this you arrogant fools:

##VOTE sweetandcool
##END
@sweet if you are town please unend

everyone else please no hammers jic sweet is trying to shutdown thinktime.
If I'm hammered great, the game becomes more entertaining.

If I am not hammered then that means the knuckleheads of town managed to actually solve, also great.

Kakarroto

#2383 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:26 pm

with that info, I now think the best we can do is find out who the lobbyist is

so the five targets of SUCCESS messages should be on different wagons. That would be:

bob (though now I doubt BK3K even said the truth of his target)
chaqa
damo
frogsterking
Kakarroto

if bob has 2 votes, BK3K is Lobbyist and town
if chaqa has 2 votes, frogster is Lobbyist
if damo has 2 votes, Brian is Lobbyist
if frogsterking has 2 votes, Kakarroto is Lobbyist
if Kakarroto has 2 votes, worcej is Lobbyist

since there are 3 mafia candidates on those 5 SUCCESS targets, I heavily suggest us five to vote on different wagons, maybe even solo (vanity) wagons

maybe even best to vote for ourself

yeah, that's a nice plan, I think, and I think I found a way that self voting is actually pro town :lol:

##vote Kakarroto

brainbomb

#2384 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:28 pm

im super lost at this point so im gonna just chill and not get too excited. The energy level in game is at mach 5 and I dont even own a gilette razor

Kakarroto

#2385 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:29 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:21 pm
Wait, I keep misreading.

Only way to get alignment is Detective, ECO or Mail Man.

I'm assuming brainbomb is Mail Man and Bozo is Detective.

Then as ECO, then Jamiet's vote for lfischl makes lfischl Mafia, just as I thought.
wait, right that's the vote target, not the target target

it's pretty confusing with all the different names and roles

but if lfischl is mafia, who is doc?

sweetandcool

#2386 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:31 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:21 pm
Wait, I keep misreading.

Only way to get alignment is Detective, ECO or Mail Man.

I'm assuming brainbomb is Mail Man and Bozo is Detective.

Then as ECO, then Jamiet's vote for lfischl makes lfischl Mafia, just as I thought.
wait, right that's the vote target, not the target target

it's pretty confusing with all the different names and roles

but if lfischl is mafia, who is doc?
I don't even know why anyone thinks they are Doctor. Didn't they claim "failure" and didn't they then randomly say they were pretty sure they were doctor???

Makes no sense.

sweetandcool

#2387 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:33 pm

Man, I really hope there is a hole in the massclaiming logic and that town votes me. Basically the only way to have an entertaining game at this point.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2388 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:35 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 pm
lfischl wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:03 pm

Because I returned possibly the best role, possibly the 2nd best role, and probably not Mail Man given the results I was seeing.

So I either was Detective or essentially Detective. Of course I would lie. Was stunned when Bozo claimed they got the role PM and decided to reveal it as Detective. (Not shedding doubt on Bozo, just stunned they would do that).
Wasn’t the whole point of the coordination to mass claim and narrow the pool to as little as possible?
What's my scum tell?
You tell us

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2389 Post by Chaqa » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Let's speedhammer this game

sweetandcool

#2390 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:35 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:22 pm
lfischl wrote:

What's my scum tell?
You tell us
I don't know it. But apparently lfischl does.

sweetandcool

#2391 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm
YES

damo666

#2392 Post by damo666 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:40 pm

There is a lot of data to process. Can we please just relax and let the crunchers crunch. I'm just about to start my own spreadsheet.

@sweet just to confirm you are now saying your return was 'Mafia' with your target being Jamie, is this correct.

sweetandcool

#2393 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:40 pm
There is a lot of data to process. Can we please just relax and let the crunchers crunch. I'm just about to start my own spreadsheet.

@sweet just to confirm you are now saying your return was 'Mafia' with your target being Jamie, is this correct.
This is correct.

Kakarroto

#2394 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm

well food claims to get a failure message. If lfischl is proven to not be doc, food might be it. But jamie targeted food and returned ECO, which would be sweet if we did it correct now, then why would town food target sweet?

if food lied as town (doc) about his target and actually went for sweet (dooming bunny and making our mass claim error prone) would actually make sense with the failure message

but why? it makes so much less sense with his zealous stance of forcing town to comply

so I still doubt food is town

instead, I suspect one of the success messages were actually a failure message and one intelligent town just switched it around. I would expect worcej to do that, but Brian or BK3K might do that too

I mean, maybe frogster is doc and changed the message, but chaqa was rb'ed so frog is most likely curfew enforcer anyway

so I'd say 80% worcej is doc, 9 % each for Brian and B2D2, 2% for food

if I've outed you worcej, sorry, nice try, but I think we don't need a clever ploy like this anymore, there is too much info out there

sweetandcool

#2395 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:44 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:41 pm
well food claims to get a failure message. If lfischl is proven to not be doc, food might be it. But jamie targeted food and returned ECO, which would be sweet if we did it correct now, then why would town food target sweet?

if food lied as town (doc) about his target and actually went for sweet (dooming bunny and making our mass claim error prone) would actually make sense with the failure message

but why? it makes so much less sense with his zealous stance of forcing town to comply

instead, I suspect one of the success messages were actually a failure message and one intelligent town just switched it around. I would expect worcej to do that, but Brian or BK3K might do that too

I mean, maybe frogster is doc and changed the message, but chaqa was rb'ed so frog is most likely curfew enforcer anyway

if I've outed you worcej, sorry, nice try, but I think we don't need a clever ploy like this anymore, there is too much info out there
If worcej is doctor, I demand a tirade from him for being outed (:

lfischl

#2396 Post by lfischl » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Kakarroto wrote:

If I was not RBd I don’t see a way I can’t be the doc I’ve checked this multiple times, if the curfew enforcer got chaqa it would only be if the sicko targeted me

Kakarroto

#2397 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:49 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:44 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

I've been pretty anti mass claim, because it makes so much of the game just ... like this

I'm being fine if worcej is mad at me for outing right now. I'm kinda mad myself. Hyped because I also thrive in mental mechanics, but the game is pretty much over and what has everyone done? We should really think over if we ever want a mass claim again

Jamiet99uk

#2398 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:49 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:36 pm
You want to speedhammer on Bob?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#2399 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:54 pm

^ before Brainbomb says anything, I am not stating that I wish to speedhammer on Bob, but Chaqa is (a) voting Bob and (b) advocating a hammer, therefore I assume that is what Chaqa is proposing, but I wish to confirm that.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

sweetandcool

#2400 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:57 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:49 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:44 pm
Kakarroto wrote:

I've been pretty anti mass claim, because it makes so much of the game just ... like this

I'm being fine if worcej is mad at me for outing right now. I'm kinda mad myself. Hyped because I also thrive in mental mechanics, but the game is pretty much over and what has everyone done? We should really think over if we ever want a mass claim again
To be fair, a setup should be reviewed to make sure a mass claim isn't the default best move for town.

Massclaims should only be good in special circumstances and not as a D1/D2 default.

I'm hoping town is over confident and Mafia was able to use their powers to mess with the results enough.