Lord of the Rings RPG

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Lord of the Rings RPG

#21 Post by Kakarroto » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:19 am

I see. So if I understand it correctly, planning about 15-30 minutes for looking at current status + decision making for actions, plus any encounter within a reasonable reaction time (like within 1 or 2 hours at busy time of the day and longer for sleepy time of the day, like check in before sleep and after waking up)? Well, I'm on Europe time, though a bit of a nightowl, so that frame would be somewhat shifted (something like an early riser/early bedgoer from the eastcoast, timewise). And maybe something happens irl so the 2 hour might become 3 once or twice.

But if that sounds about ok, I think I should be able to manage that. And I would gladly be part of the game.

Tugster

#22 Post by Tugster » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:46 am

it's all done asymmetrically; in that you are never required to be online at any particular time of day, as long as you check in frequently to respond to things.

Wusti

#23 Post by Wusti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:38 am

Hey Tugster,

Pretty sure I was Imrahil (one of multiple Gondor players), I would be interested to do the whole LOTR thing again, but as you say simplified and streamlined in terms of number of players.

Not sure what to make of your new idea - if you do want to get something off the ground I would probably be interested
Octavious is an hypocritical, supercilious tit.

brainbomb

#24 Post by brainbomb » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:40 am

totally in.

Wusti

#25 Post by Wusti » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:14 am

BTW Tugster if I can offer some advice - maybe start with a smaller group than 10 to get it off the ground and ensure manageability before expanding scope - cheers
Octavious is an hypocritical, supercilious tit.

Tugster

#26 Post by Tugster » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:50 am

I agree with that, start smaller, check that it all works, expand later. Thank you. that was one of the main problems with the first game, way too many people...