Twenty questions: game 165

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Spartaculous

Re: Twenty questions: game 165

#61 Post by Spartaculous » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:24 am

VillageIdiot wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:57 am
I’m more confused than ever that there’s a former politician with limited biographical information. Now I’m wondering if I’m making a false assumption about what qualifies as a ‘political figure’.
I interpreted that question very broadly.

VillageIdiot

#62 Post by VillageIdiot » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 am

Would this be a reasonable definition?

A "political figure" refers to an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision-making through holding a governmental office or by participating in political activities. This includes elected officials, candidates for office, and individuals with significant influence or leadership within a political party or movement.

Please treat this as a clarification request and not a formal question. If not, then please ignore.

Spartaculous

#63 Post by Spartaculous » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 am

VillageIdiot wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:50 am

A "political figure" refers to an individual who is involved in influencing public policy and decision-making through holding a governmental office or by participating in political activities. This includes elected officials, candidates for office, and individuals with significant influence or leadership within a political party or movement.

Please treat this as a clarification request and not a formal question. If not, then please ignore.
I am not counting this as a question. It really is an interesting discussion that is hard for me to say too much about without giving the game away. I guess I will highlight the following words: "participating in political activities" - how broad of a definition of "political activities" are you going for?

VillageIdiot

#64 Post by VillageIdiot » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:20 am

Spartaculous wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 am
VillageIdiot wrote:

I am not counting this as a question. It really is an interesting discussion that is hard for me to say too much about without giving the game away. I guess I will highlight the following words: "participating in political activities" - how broad of a definition of "political activities" are you going for?
I’d say this:
"Political activities" related to a "political figure” typically refers to the activities engaged in by someone who holds or is seeking a public office, or is otherwise involved in the political process, such as lawmakers, government officials, candidates for office, and party leaders.

Is that a reasonable interpretation in this case?

Spartaculous

#65 Post by Spartaculous » Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:15 am

VillageIdiot wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:20 am
Spartaculous wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 am
VillageIdiot wrote:

I’d say this:
"Political activities" related to a "political figure” typically refers to the activities engaged in by someone who holds or is seeking a public office, or is otherwise involved in the political process, such as lawmakers, government officials, candidates for office, and party leaders.

Is that a reasonable interpretation in this case?
I am still not counting this as a question.

You and I have different definitions of these terms. (As in, I do not think that the person explicitly meets your definition here, but I am prepared after the game to defend my "Yes." answer to the original question.)

One last free hint before I fall back asleep: I could be wrong on this, but I believe the person is more likely to pass the fabled "dart test" than many of the non-entertainment people that have been correct answers in recent rounds of this game, and definitely more well-known than any of the people that have been guessed in this round.

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#66 Post by cdngooner » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:17 pm

Perhaps we have been misinterpreting the “missing” factor. Perhaps he was missing but is no longer.

Hu Jintao?

Spartaculous

#67 Post by Spartaculous » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:04 pm

cdngooner wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:17 pm
Perhaps we have been misinterpreting the “missing” factor. Perhaps he was missing but is no longer.

Hu Jintao?
No. Recall that the most important question here is that I am genuinely unsure about whether or not this person is alive. (han-shahanshah is correct that I think it is more likely than not that this person is dead.)

That was question 19. I will give one final hint after question 20.

modderpoel

#68 Post by modderpoel » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:18 pm

For the group discussion:

The key clue, in my opinion, is the pass on the muslim question. Anyone who we know is both famous enough to be part of such a quiz and identified in the modern era, we should be able to give an answer on whether or not they are muslim. Hence, I think it should be someone who's identity is yet to be undiscovered by the general public. I personally know only one person fitting this, but if that guess is wrong, I do think we need to look into that direction.

My guess:
Tank Man

Spartaculous

#69 Post by Spartaculous » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:25 pm

modderpoel wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:18 pm
For the group discussion:

The key clue, in my opinion, is the pass on the muslim question. Anyone who we know is both famous enough to be part of such a quiz and identified in the modern era, we should be able to give an answer on whether or not they are muslim. Hence, I think it should be someone who's identity is yet to be undiscovered by the general public. I personally know only one person fitting this, but if that guess is wrong, I do think we need to look into that direction.

My guess:
Tank Man

modderpoel now has a very impressive 0.5 ratio of correct 20Qs guesses to forum posts. Congratulations!

Jamiet99uk

#70 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:24 pm

Goodness me. Well done, new person.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

han-shahanshah

#71 Post by han-shahanshah » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:29 pm

Congratulations! Well done.