MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#2141 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:24 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:00 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:57 am
ghug wrote:

You're outed scum...
i'm not though
The watcher blatantly crumbed a scan on you and there's no mechanical way he misinterpreted a doc action, so you are scum. You're not even arguing it's not a crumb, you're just picking fights in the hopes of goading a CC.

I should be pleased that people are finally coming around to my philosophy of patience on PR claims but it is also baffling to me that this is the time they chose to do it.
i mean i didn't visit anyone on the night that jamie could have seen it. there's simply no way that that is what jamie meant

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2142 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:33 pm

The way I see the game we have two options:

Bona is town. Then both know scum voted him at some point with Chaqa and this make Chaqa less likely to be scum. And we have probably one or even both scum stuck on Macca, which points to Damo, heart and Tem as most likely scum.

Bona is scum. There is a incredible amount of bussing. Can see Chaqa as the last scum in this scenario. Can also see Bona makong an effort to save Tem after a disastrous D1. But the other Macca voters are still likely and even Bozo or Ghug for a full Buss festival. And Bunny, who will also fit the extra hard bussing theory.

Anyway, I think voting between Tem, heart and Damo is the way to go today. Damo reactions today makes me feel he is the less likely of them to be scum.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2143 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:26 pm

I don't think Damo should be on the block today.

Heart and Tem seem like good choices, though I still think Bunny is a wildcard.

##Vote heart

damo666

#2144 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:24 pm
ghug wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

i'm not though
The watcher blatantly crumbed a scan on you and there's no mechanical way he misinterpreted a doc action, so you are scum. You're not even arguing it's not a crumb, you're just picking fights in the hopes of goading a CC.

I should be pleased that people are finally coming around to my philosophy of patience on PR claims but it is also baffling to me that this is the time they chose to do it.
i mean i didn't visit anyone on the night that jamie could have seen it. there's simply no way that that is what jamie meant
I thought you visited yourself?

Bonatogether

#2145 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:50 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:24 pm
ghug wrote:

I thought you visited yourself?
yes. it's not possible that jamie could have seen me visit someone

damo666

#2146 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:01 pm

Will's move D1 at T-41 from Bona to Macca to make it Macca 4 Will 3 Sweet 3 makes Macca very likely town (would Will put RBer or Ninja above his goonself? - Nah).

damo666

#2147 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:08 pm

I think Bona is probably scum but in the absence of a cc (don't, I'm sure you won't) I don't think he's worth DKing until D5 jic.

If Bona is scum then unless all 4 were bussing at EOD1 there is a scum in {heart, Tem, Chaqa, Macca} but I have already indicated Macca is quasi-locktwon so I advocate

heart
Tem
Chaqa

as the next 3 DKs (unless Bona survives to D5).

Bonatogether

#2148 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 pm

anyone who honestly believes i'm scum should vote me

anyone who thinks i'm scum but advocates for me to survive wants to deny information to town that they need to operate. losing a doctor is not a big deal, but flipping someone you believe is scum is.

there will be no cc because scum will leave me alive and ignored to be eventually daykilled. they will not cc because i will be killed anyways.

Bonatogether

#2149 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:17 pm

no serious townie can argue that leaving someone they believe to be scum alive is worth it. not even if i was claiming to be the most overpowered pr would it be worth it.

killing some rando is a dumbass move

BunnyGo

#2150 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:08 pm
I think Bona is probably scum but in the absence of a cc (don't, I'm sure you won't) I don't think he's worth DKing until D5 jic.

If Bona is scum then unless all 4 were bussing at EOD1 there is a scum in {heart, Tem, Chaqa, Macca} but I have already indicated Macca is quasi-locktwon so I advocate

heart
Tem
Chaqa

If we do get a scum, the doctor should CC immediately.

As much as I agree that Bona is probably scum, a non-immediate CC when we're down to 1 scum probably clears him.

Also, if we get the RB, that messes with the mechanical possibility that Jamie saw Bona going anywhere.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Bonatogether

#2151 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:17 pm
damo666 wrote:

heart
Tem
Chaqa

As much as I agree that Bona is probably scum, a non-immediate CC when we're down to 1 scum probably clears him.

Also, if we get the RB, that messes with the mechanical possibility that Jamie saw Bona going anywhere.
bunny you're scum, let's vote you

BunnyGo

#2152 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:20 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

heart
Tem
Chaqa

Ok...I'll talk to the possible town!bona for a second:

What do you think it means that literally every poster believes you're probably scum AND that none of us should vote you?

Do you think your continued posting like this is towny? Is helping town?

Continuing like this is not convincing anyone. Ghug, rdr, damo, me, chaqa...we all think it. And a majority of those I just named MUST be town. We all think you're just trying to bait a CC. We've all advocated that nobody should CC.

So...if you're ACTUALLY the doctor. Try something new. It's not helping.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2153 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:22 pm

Personally if there is a doctor CC let’s wait til tomorrow so we can maybe get a save, and then the vig can shoot Bona.

damo666

#2154 Post by damo666 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:28 pm

This is where I am:

Bona - probscum slight chance doc
Bozo - very likely town
Bunny - D1 now looking good, townlean
Chaqa - unsure
ghug - probtown though I would be suspicious if Bona is doc though might be too late by then
heart - I don't particularly read him either way but circumstances dictate a reasonable bet for today's kill (if you're town, heart, just consider it as taking one for the team)
rdr - not impossible he's deepscum who bussed Will D1 but leaning town
Tem - constant Macca voting not looking good, if heart flips town Tem should be next. Also if heart flips scum Tem could be partner if Bona is doc.
worcej - D1 looks good, D2 doesn't. Slight chance of being D1 busser and been a bit quiet but on balance town.

Predicted scumpair

Heart Bona
Tem Bona
Heart Tem

If none of these 3 are scum I think we're in trouble. If only 1 I'm not confident of identifying the 4th one.

Bonatogether

#2155 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:32 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:20 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:18 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

Ok...I'll talk to the possible town!bona for a second:

What do you think it means that literally every poster believes you're probably scum AND that none of us should vote you?

Do you think your continued posting like this is towny? Is helping town?

Continuing like this is not convincing anyone. Ghug, rdr, damo, me, chaqa...we all think it. And a majority of those I just named MUST be town. We all think you're just trying to bait a CC. We've all advocated that nobody should CC.

So...if you're ACTUALLY the doctor. Try something new. It's not helping.
i think it's true. fuck what you think helps town. i know there will be no counterclaim so i do not believe it is relevant. that the town believes something incorrect, i therefore have an obligation to try to make it right. i have said who i think is scum, and i have said how i think town is best able to proceed. seeing as i know one piece of information more than you, i think i have more of a claim to knowing what is best than you do.

Bonatogether

#2156 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:34 pm

there is no possible argument for putting off resolving me/bunny than immediate concern over a setback this phase. the shortsightedness to deny that resolving me/bunny is not an immediately pressing goal is astounding

heartthrob24909

#2157 Post by heartthrob24909 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 pm

well this was a surprise to come back to

heartthrob24909

#2158 Post by heartthrob24909 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:38 pm

I don't find Tem particularly townly (more like: he hasn't done anything to make me particularly doubt my D2 suspicion) but feels dumb to vote for him rn

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2159 Post by ghug » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:38 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 pm
anyone who honestly believes i'm scum should vote me

anyone who thinks i'm scum but advocates for me to survive wants to deny information to town that they need to operate. losing a doctor is not a big deal, but flipping someone you believe is scum is.

there will be no cc because scum will leave me alive and ignored to be eventually daykilled. they will not cc because i will be killed anyways.
I agree with Bona. We should kill Bona.

Bonatogether

#2160 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:39 pm

if i am scum and i die today - it immediately clears up many events in a definte way. the last scum would be fighting a steep uphill battle

if i am town and i die today - total paradigm shift for much of the town. town is now in a much better position to understand the game

leaving me unresolved - endless question marks due to two competing and irreconcilable viewpoints. all kills must either take by assumption my scumminess or towniness as a pivotal factor for d1 and d3, which is a weaker base to go on than just getting it over with