MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#2081 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:29 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:58 am

It's hard to be sure with you.

1) You do self-admittedly su** at mechs. I could see you using RB as scum, and honestly claiming your doc visits as town. That said, you never claimed without pressure before. Why did you claim this time?

2) You and Just were laser focused on each other today. It read like scum theatre between two scum who knew they were caught and trying to bus/distance.

3) Just seems to KNOW you visited Spirit.

4) Jamie doesn't miscrumb like that

5) You don't neg me like this as town.

so...lots and lots of reasons to vote you. But 1 big reason not to: I don't need to today, we have time to let the doctor sit.

And I might be wrong.
i had typed out a response to this post but deleted it, as it only responded to trivial details. the important thing about this post is that it fundamentally does not respond to what i was saying. i said that i had not intentionally, nor overtly, tried to clear myself in my post. you said that i was intentionally trying to make myself look good, when in fact the only time i address my own alignment is to argue that it must be opposite yours. do you agree or do you disagree?
Now for the one question I really want an answer to:

Why did you claim when and how you did? Why not wait? You've never claimed before without EOD pressure.
this question is leading. despite the poor job you did framing, i will answer it.

i believed that jamie had made an error that made it look like i was scum. letting that sit for hours or days to claim at eod looks terrible - eod claims are inherently suspect. futhermore, i will not be able to be present at eod, as i have class on tuesday at that time, as i did last week. i valued clearing the air when i had time to do so over trying to do it last minute from class on my phone.

claiming i have never claimed except at eod is untrue. it is almost certainly my earliest claim, but i know i have claimed multiple times significantly before eod. why are you lying?

BunnyGo

#2082 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:37 am

@bona then I disagree. It's not a "must".

You're reminding me of the time I was scum and durga got a scan on me.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Bonatogether

#2083 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:30 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:27 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 am

Can you explain to me why you think you and Bunny have to be unaligned like I'm someone dumb like President Eden?
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:03 am

first principles says that he probably mentions a teammate here, and of the people he mentions (bunny, spirit (dead town), jamie (dead town), nd/me), i feel like there's a clear odd one out (fmpov of course). i feel like this, in conjunction with what bongo has been doing otherwise, provides a relatively firm footing for saying we're opposite paired.
Smh I read that already and didn't buy it that's why I'm asking.
i think newbscum will doesn't put 2 teammates or none in his townlist. doesn't make sense with my understanding of him. therefore, because his list of 4 is two flipped town, plus me (at that time oscillating between being lead wagon and being a relatively small wagon) and bunnygo (not a notable member of the town at that time). bunnygo was not an obvious choice.

i think if you accept that, then there just has to be 1 scum and 1 town in me and bunny. disagreeing with that conclusion (either that we are both town or both scum) requires explaining this post from justwill.

BunnyGo

#2084 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:15 am

i had typed out a response to this post but deleted it, as it only responded to trivial details. the important thing about this post is that it fundamentally does not respond to what i was saying. i said that i had not intentionally, nor overtly, tried to clear myself in my post. you said that i was intentionally trying to make myself look good, when in fact the only time i address my own alignment is to argue that it must be opposite yours. do you agree or do you disagree?

Why did you claim when and how you did? Why not wait? You've never claimed before without EOD pressure.
this question is leading. despite the poor job you did framing, i will answer it.

i believed that jamie had made an error that made it look like i was scum. letting that sit for hours or days to claim at eod looks terrible - eod claims are inherently suspect. futhermore, i will not be able to be present at eod, as i have class on tuesday at that time, as i did last week. i valued clearing the air when i had time to do so over trying to do it last minute from class on my phone.

claiming i have never claimed except at eod is untrue. it is almost certainly my earliest claim, but i know i have claimed multiple times significantly before eod. why are you lying?
Here is the post where I dug up literally every claim you've ever made that wasn't "I claim I'm an American". I used the bot's search features (you know...with an "claim*" for that old school feel of any word that starts "claim".
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:13 am
OK, I dug up every time bona "claimed" a role. He often joke claims something early in the game.

But here are the "claims" I found (in reverse chronological order):

1) M79 bona "hardclaim tracker"

2) In M70 there was a complex sequence where bozo claimed doc, worcej CCd and the next night no deaths and bozo claimed he saved me and worcej claimed he saved bona
bona wrote "claim attacked but saved"

3) In M65 bona had talked a lot of mechs for the deputy. Then said "If we think the deputy scanned her, then it'd be best to vote for her" and on the next page wrote:

"I'm the deputy

Fuck you guys

I'm not coming back for hours"

Couldn't find any fake claims or other claims of a specific role or action.

The best one was that last one.

I actually couldn't find a fakeclaim by you as scum.

Have you ever before?

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Bonatogether

#2085 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:37 am

disagree with my claim that we are unpaired means that you believe either we are both town or both scum. logically, you cannot present us as both scum. how do you reconcile this with your statement that you disagree with that we are unpaired?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2086 Post by ghug » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:41 am
ghug wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:27 am

i think newbscum will doesn't put 2 teammates or none in his townlist. doesn't make sense with my understanding of him. therefore, because his list of 4 is two flipped town, plus me (at that time oscillating between being lead wagon and being a relatively small wagon) and bunnygo (not a notable member of the town at that time). bunnygo was not an obvious choice.

i think if you accept that, then there just has to be 1 scum and 1 town in me and bunny. disagreeing with that conclusion (either that we are both town or both scum) requires explaining this post from justwill.
We know he jumped on a wagon on a teammate (on another teammate, as it turns out, but you're not going to acknowledge that), which makes me think he's savvy enough to get that expectation and play on it. Not strong evidence to me. Is there more?

Bonatogether

#2087 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am
BunnyGo wrote:

Here is the post where I dug up literally every claim you've ever made that wasn't "I claim I'm an American". I used the bot's search features (you know...with an "claim*" for that old school feel of any word that starts "claim".
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:13 am
OK, I dug up every time bona "claimed" a role. He often joke claims something early in the game.

But here are the "claims" I found (in reverse chronological order):

1) M79 bona "hardclaim tracker"

2) In M70 there was a complex sequence where bozo claimed doc, worcej CCd and the next night no deaths and bozo claimed he saved me and worcej claimed he saved bona
bona wrote "claim attacked but saved"

3) In M65 bona had talked a lot of mechs for the deputy. Then said "If we think the deputy scanned her, then it'd be best to vote for her" and on the next page wrote:

"I'm the deputy

Fuck you guys

I'm not coming back for hours"

Couldn't find any fake claims or other claims of a specific role or action.

The best one was that last one.

I actually couldn't find a fakeclaim by you as scum.

Have you ever before?
this post of yours supports my contention that i do not often claim at eod.

i have never fakeclaimed

BunnyGo

#2088 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:

disagree with my claim that we are unpaired means that you believe either we are both town or both scum. logically, you cannot present us as both scum. how do you reconcile this with your statement that you disagree with that we are unpaired?
For someone who wants to be a pedant, you suck at this. Read my answer.

But in all seriousness, it's obvious now. You're trying to get the doctor to claim. That's exactly what I did in your shoes.

I eventuall DID get worcej to claim his role and eventually my last teammate survived.

Bonatogether

#2089 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 am

ghug wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
ghug wrote:

We know he jumped on a wagon on a teammate (on another teammate, as it turns out, but you're not going to acknowledge that), which makes me think he's savvy enough to get that expectation and play on it. Not strong evidence to me. Is there more?
can you clarify this

Bonatogether

#2090 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:45 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 am
Bonatogether wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

For someone who wants to be a pedant, you suck at this. Read my answer.

But in all seriousness, it's obvious now. You're trying to get the doctor to claim. That's exactly what I did in your shoes.

I eventuall DID get worcej to claim his role and eventually my last teammate survived.
i wish i was the vig so i could send you to the god thread

Bonatogether

#2091 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:45 am

no one will ever counterclaim me. that is a simple fact.

Bonatogether

#2092 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:46 am

if you insist on scumreading an uncced pr, you might as well vote me out now and find out you're wrong. keeping someone you scumread alive makes no logical sense.

BunnyGo

#2093 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:47 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:46 am
if you insist on scumreading an uncced pr, you might as well vote me out now and find out you're wrong. keeping someone you scumread alive makes no logical sense.
Town has time on their side...if there were only one scum, and STILL no CC...well, I'd almost have to believe you.

But as it is, this is a patient hunt. No need to run when the prey is wounded. I can go for your partner first.

BunnyGo

#2094 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:48 am

Hi Macca! Join the fun...lots of good stuff to catch up on.

BunnyGo

#2095 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:47 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Town has time on their side...if there were only one scum, and STILL no CC...well, I'd almost have to believe you.

But as it is, this is a patient hunt. No need to run when the prey is wounded. I can go for your partner first.
Man...now I'm distracted from my story. Gotta go figure out what team DOES that EOD movement.

It's really weird. Don't you think?

Bonatogether

#2096 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:47 am
Bonatogether wrote:

fuck you. put your money where your mouth is or shut it

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2097 Post by Chaqa » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:49 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:54 am
-- snipped --
Putting your own name in green is scummy

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2098 Post by ghug » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:51 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:44 am
ghug wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

We know he jumped on a wagon with a teammate (on another teammate, as it turns out, but you're not going to acknowledge that), which makes me think he's savvy enough to get that expectation and play on it. Not strong evidence to me. Is there more?
can you clarify this
Edit underlined. He and sweet were voting together for you midway through D1.

BunnyGo

#2099 Post by BunnyGo » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:52 am

Oh! What if it's two of damo/heart/Tem?

That would make some sense for the EOD movement. Sweet and Just couldn't get on Macca, since they could see Macca would save by jumping on them, and they were worried it'd line up all the scum on one nearly 100% scum driven wagon.

TheMadMonarch

#2100 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:52 am

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:38 pm
A shot rings out!

Justaguynamedwill has died he was Ryan Paevey a big city Mafia Goon
Waaaaaa!!!!! Crazy!!