M82: Magic the Gathering Mafia [Game Thread]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

Re: M82: Magic the Gathering Mafia [Game Thread]

#441 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:24 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:12 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:27 pm
Fox caps it all off by randomly deciding Kak is more likely Mafia.
Why do you think it’s random?
Your analysis was on my progression, mainly in regards to Kak. Nowhere do you make a comment on Kak themself until your very last comment where you conclude that Kak is more likely Mafia than me. This comes from absolutely nowhere.
So what you're saying is that I spent a lot of time analyzing you in regards to Kak, but that you are surprised that I ended it with an assessment of you with regards to Kak? :?

Speaking of "random"... you never have explained why you suddenly stopped pushing Kak (as I pointed out in my analysis). You vote him, you sit on him, you mention several times why he's a good vote, and then *poof* randomly you won't consider is wagon and have to force yourself to vote damo with three puke face emojis, even though the wagon you had been on for 47 hours and 38 minutes was still an option.

Foxcastle

#442 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:26 pm

(As long as Sweet is going to relentlessly tunnel me, I might as well earn it ;) :lol: )

sweetandcool

#443 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:35 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:24 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

Your analysis was on my progression, mainly in regards to Kak. Nowhere do you make a comment on Kak themself until your very last comment where you conclude that Kak is more likely Mafia than me. This comes from absolutely nowhere.
So what you're saying is that I spent a lot of time analyzing you in regards to Kak, but that you are surprised that I ended it with an assessment of you with regards to Kak? :?

Speaking of "random"... you never have explained why you suddenly stopped pushing Kak (as I pointed out in my analysis). You vote him, you sit on him, you mention several times why he's a good vote, and then *poof* randomly you won't consider is wagon and have to force yourself to vote damo with three puke face emojis, even though the wagon you had been on for 47 hours and 38 minutes was still an option.
Relentlessly tunnel you? Okay then... :eyeroll:

I felt good about a Kak vote, and given that other than EoD there wasn't much content to go on, this view didn't change until EoD. There didn't seem to be any moves designed to protect Kak, which I would expect Mafia to try (well, you and rdr suddenly pushed my wagon, that's something). Kak didn't act like Mafia, etc.

So I suddenly did not feel good about a Kak vote and I suddenly did feel good about a Fox vote because you were acting incredibly scummy with your attempt to anchor two players to a town wagon in a manipulative way (as explained in my vote post for you).

Then, when it was clear I wasn't going to get a flashwagon on Fox, I very begrudgingly settled for damo, hence the puke emoji's.

Foxcastle

#444 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:48 pm

You hadn't really mentioned Damo at all prior to voting for him. You're saying you abandoned a case on Kak because of the absence of evidence of attempts to save him in order to vote for a player you had hardly mentioned and certainly had not made a case on? You must have felt pretty strongly that Kak was town?

That change of heart comes about 22 minutes out. Do you think it's possible scum saved Kak between 22 minutes out and EOD? Or do scum save maneuvers only happen prior to the 22 minute mark?

sweetandcool

#445 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:04 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:48 pm
You hadn't really mentioned Damo at all prior to voting for him. You're saying you abandoned a case on Kak because of the absence of evidence of attempts to save him in order to vote for a player you had hardly mentioned and certainly had not made a case on? You must have felt pretty strongly that Kak was town?

That change of heart comes about 22 minutes out. Do you think it's possible scum saved Kak between 22 minutes out and EOD? Or do scum save maneuvers only happen prior to the 22 minute mark?
Read my analysis.

My vote progression is as follows:

1. Joke vote Kak.
2. Solidifies into a vote I am okay with, but obviously there is not enough for me to feel all that convicted.
3. Fox pings me big time while Kak has been slowly making me feel less good about voting Kak.
4. Have the thought that voting a low poster would be a good idea if Town doesn't go for Fox.
5. Town does not go for Fox and the day clarifies as Kak vs. damo. Given my thoughts on Kak, and damo qualifying as a low poster, I switch to damo.

So yeah, I voted damo purely for being a low poster, because my only scumread wasn't getting voted.

sweetandcool

#446 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:08 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:18 pm
Let's see if Bunny and Rdr are bussing sweet...

##VOTE SWEET
Doesn't anyone else think this looks ultra scummy? If Bunny or rdr were to shift off of sweetandcool after this comment, wouldn't it make them look bad? Doesn't this read as Fox trying to manipulate them into staying on sweetandcool and getting a MK?

BunnyGo

#447 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:26 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:23 pm
If we use Fox's analysis, I don't think we could do worse than make a flip of Kak.

Am I wrong here? We know it is T vs ? at this point.

The other avenue is flipping around the Damo voters and sorting them? I know that puts me in the pile but that's the game.
Could also flip sweet with that analysis.

BunnyGo

#448 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:30 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:08 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET
Doesn't anyone else think this looks ultra scummy? If Bunny or rdr were to shift off of sweetandcool after this comment, wouldn't it make them look bad? Doesn't this read as Fox trying to manipulate them into staying on sweetandcool and getting a MK?
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? I don’t recall you ever going that before. Reeks of scum trying to seem impartial. Will need to dig through old games and see. Brb.

BunnyGo

#449 Post by BunnyGo » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:33 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:30 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person? I don’t recall you ever going that before. Reeks of scum trying to seem impartial. Will need to dig through old games and see. Brb.
Hmmm. No, you did this a little last game too.

Foxcastle

#450 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:38 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET
Things I think about this post:

1. The one time Sweet should be making it about himself, he doesn't.

2. Implicitly assumes Bunny and Rdr are town, does not seem to leave room for the chance that Bunny and/or Rdr are scum (in which case it would be a good thing for them to have to figure out how to wriggle out of the scenario Sweet posits).

3. Really leans into a "lone scum mastermind orchestrating Day 1 outcome" theory when hopefully everyone knows that's not a thing.

4. Before I move my vote from Damo to Sweet, the wagons are:
Kak (3)
Damo (3)
Sweet (2)
Ghug (2)

So if I'm scum, I moved my vote off a townie, onto another townie, and then finished voting on Kak, whom Sweet townreads. So if Kak is town and I'm scum, then I've done this dance from townie to townie to townie for no good reason.

The only way Sweet's analysis of me as scum makes sense is if Kak is also scum, and I bussed him. And it would be a good bus for scum wanting to go deep, but I don't think scum want to go deep, I think they want to win on D3. But in any case, Sweet doesn't think Kak is scum, so this isn't really a viable theory for him.

Foxcastle

#451 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:33 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Yeah, it's a thing he's done before.

sweetandcool

#452 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:39 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Yeah, I do it frequently. I also do it a lot when addressing others. Rather than referring to Bunny as "you", I would say "Bunny", most of the time.

sweetandcool

#453 Post by sweetandcool » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:38 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET

2. Implicitly assumes Bunny and Rdr are town, does not seem to leave room for the chance that Bunny and/or Rdr are scum (in which case it would be a good thing for them to have to figure out how to wriggle out of the scenario Sweet posits).

3. Really leans into a "lone scum mastermind orchestrating Day 1 outcome" theory when hopefully everyone knows that's not a thing.

Kak (3)
Damo (3)
Sweet (2)
Ghug (2)

So if I'm scum, I moved my vote off a townie, onto another townie, and then finished voting on Kak, whom Sweet townreads. So if Kak is town and I'm scum, then I've done this dance from townie to townie to townie for no good reason.

The only way Sweet's analysis of me as scum makes sense is if Kak is also scum, and I bussed him. And it would be a good bus for scum wanting to go deep, but I don't think scum want to go deep, I think they want to win on D3. But in any case, Sweet doesn't think Kak is scum, so this isn't really a viable theory for him.
I'm just going to wait and hear from others at this point, and EoN.

You keep making random assumptions in order to make these conclusions and it has become too frustrating to continue dealing with this for the moment.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#454 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:27 pm
Fox caps it all off by randomly deciding Kak is more likely Mafia.
I really liked that. Do you think it's scummy?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#455 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:51 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET
Bunny and worcej are not the sort of people who care about that, so I don't buy your conclusion. I found the vote sketchy in the moment too but I'm leaning towards Fox just being town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#456 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:52 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Did you not notice him doing it in his VCA, decide to comment when it became a pattern, or think that third person referencing was less worthy of comment?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#457 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:53 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Foxcastle wrote:

##VOTE SWEET

Kak (3)
Damo (3)
Sweet (2)
Ghug (2)

I think Fox just slipped that sweet isn't his teammate if he's scum but I think they're just both town.

Foxcastle

#458 Post by Foxcastle » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:43 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Kak (3)
Damo (3)
Sweet (2)
Ghug (2)

I'm just going to wait and hear from others at this point, and EoN.

You keep making random assumptions in order to make these conclusions and it has become too frustrating to continue dealing with this for the moment.
What assumptions did I make? I count one, and "scum want to win outright rather than go deep" is hardly random. Maybe the assumption that scum don't do pointless vote switching?

Random... You keep using that word... Image

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#459 Post by ghug » Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:55 pm

I'm not feeling super confident about any townreads but the vibe I'm getting is a (relatively) loud and directionless town with scum doing more lurking. Fox v sweet specifically is giving me good vibes on both.

Bonatogether

#460 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:41 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:48 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:31 pm

He claims (I have not checked) he made it regarding the tie vote.
It's pretty clear he was following the lead of others and commenting on the possible tie situation.
He could have done something himself instead of waiting until after the deadline to chastise, though. It's still sus.
deja vu