M81: A Night To Remember [SIGNUPS]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M81: A Night To Remember [SIGNUPS]

#61 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:58 pm

Title: The Power of Words: Is Calling Someone a "F**king Loser" Appropriate?

Introduction:
In our interactions with others, the choice of words we use plays a crucial role in shaping relationships and fostering healthy communication. While occasional disagreements and conflicts are inevitable, it is important to reflect on the appropriateness and impact of our language. This essay explores the notion of calling someone a "f**king loser" and delves into whether such language is appropriate in interpersonal communication.

Body:

Respectful Communication:
Respect is the foundation of effective communication and harmonious relationships. Employing derogatory and offensive language, such as calling someone a "f**king loser," disregards the principles of respect and dignity. Respectful communication allows for the expression of differing opinions without resorting to personal attacks or derogatory language.
Emotional Impact:
Words possess immense power, capable of shaping emotions and leaving a lasting impact. When someone is called a "f**king loser," it can deeply hurt their self-esteem and overall well-being. Negative language often reinforces a sense of shame, worthlessness, and can perpetuate a cycle of emotional distress. Recognizing the emotional consequences of our words is essential in maintaining healthy interactions.
Constructive Dialogue:
Effective communication thrives on constructive dialogue, where ideas are exchanged with the intention of understanding and resolving differences. Resorting to name-calling and insults only serves to hinder productive conversation. Engaging in respectful discourse allows for the exploration of different perspectives, fostering growth and learning for all parties involved.
Promoting Empathy:
Using offensive language can hinder our ability to empathize with others. By resorting to derogatory terms, we strip away the humanity of the person we are addressing, making it difficult to understand their perspective or emotions. Empathy is crucial in building connections and resolving conflicts, and it necessitates a language of understanding and compassion.
Alternative Approaches:
While expressing frustration or disagreement is natural, there are more appropriate and effective ways to communicate our concerns. Employing active listening, seeking clarification, and engaging in open-ended questions promote a constructive dialogue. Focusing on the issue at hand rather than resorting to personal attacks allows for a healthier exchange of ideas.
Conclusion:

In conclusion, the choice of words we use in our interactions with others significantly impacts the quality of our relationships and the effectiveness of our communication. Calling someone a "f**king loser" is a derogatory and disrespectful act that can inflict emotional harm and hinder constructive dialogue. By embracing respectful communication, fostering empathy, and exploring alternative approaches, we can contribute to a more compassionate and understanding society. Let us remember the power of our words and choose them wisely to create a positive and inclusive environment for all.

brainbomb

#62 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:04 am

with thread open at night and chats open at night and no PR, I will never post in a discord chat for any reason. at all.

aarodactyl

#63 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:28 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:04 am
with thread open at night and chats open at night and no PR, I will never post in a discord chat for any reason. at all.
You should remove to yourself from the sign ups. The ghost chat and the singles chat are the best part about this setup. What’s the point of signing up if you’re going to just sabotage your team?

brainbomb

#64 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:28 am

I will never understand how there can be people who simultaneously think the games are too big and theres too many posts and its all just spam; who also want night chat phases where townies can flood the thread with hundreds more posts per person never giving the game room to breathe.

it just never made sense

brainbomb

#65 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:29 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:28 am
brainbomb wrote:
You should remove to yourself from the sign ups. The ghost chat and the singles chat are the best part about this setup. What’s the point of signing up if you’re going to just sabotage your team?
lol.

aarodactyl

#66 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:33 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:29 am
aarodactyl wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
lol.
Please don’t ruin this game. A good setup finally aligned with my work/study schedule. I probably won’t have another chance until winter.

brainbomb

#67 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:37 am

I dont care either way ill play whether he does it with night chat or not

fundamentally I dont see how it could ever be playing to my wincon to be engaging in a private chat at night, sharing my reads with someone I got randomly lumped with; hoping they are town.

I could instead just focus on talking in a public forum - hunting - talking about my reads with everyone, asking people questions and playing mafia.

I dont see what advances my wincon if I go spend four hours in a discord talking to Jamie about what his favorite sea creatures are

aarodactyl

#68 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:40 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:37 am
I dont care either way ill play whether he does it with night chat or not

fundamentally I dont see how it could ever be playing to my wincon to be engaging in a private chat at night, sharing my reads with someone I got randomly lumped with; hoping they are town.

I could instead just focus on talking in a public forum - hunting - talking about my reads with everyone, asking people questions and playing mafia.

I dont see what advances my wincon if I go spend four hours in a discord talking to Jamie about what his favorite sea creatures are
If you don’t see the benefit in the chats, I’m going to just hope we’re different factions.

brainbomb

#69 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:47 am

by all means explain the benefits to town with the private chats.

ive been in games with mechanics like this as mafia and let me tell ya
its a really fun mechanic for scum

brainbomb

#70 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:49 am

you could make the setup a no flip

then it would REALLLY be wild

aarodactyl

#71 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:51 am

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:47 am
by all means explain the benefits to town with the private chats.

ive been in games with mechanics like this as mafia and let me tell ya
its a really fun mechanic for scum
I’d rather not get into this. I do agree the partner chats are going to be fairly useless though.

worcej

#72 Post by worcej » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:41 am

This lineup is looking spicy…

/in

Someone get ahold of Bo for me, we need him to tip this up to another level of spice

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#73 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:59 am

SIGNUP LIST
0. Eden
0.1: Foxcastle

1. sweetandcool
2. Kakarroto
3. ghug
4. aarodactyl
5. www.Jamiet99uk.com
666. Damo6
7. brainbomb
8. Brian
9. Durga
10. DemonRHK
11. Worst J
17. Chaqa

Substitute 1.
Substitute 2.
Substitute 3.

President Eden

#74 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:03 am

I appreciate the passion and investment in mechanics that I hope will match the hype, just remember to keep it civil guys. Y'all haven't crossed a line yet.

I think I'm leaning toward keeping the thread open at night after further reflection, because there are mechanics that benefit more from an open thread, but I think this setup could easily be run either way.

I'm excited for all the interest - if we fill up before the weekend then I will start the game on Monday, June 19.

SIGNUP LIST

0. Eden
0.1. Foxcastle

1. sweetandcool
2. Kakarroto
3. ghug
4. aarodactyl
5. Jamiet99uk
6. damo666
7. brainbomb
8. Brian
9. Durga
10. DemonRHK
11. worcej
17. Chaqa

Substitute 1.
Substitute 2.
Substitute 3.

President Eden

#75 Post by President Eden » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:04 am

absolutely ninjad lol

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#76 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:09 am

IF I sign up to play:
a) I will reach a point where my participation will be minimum. I WILL meet standards, but not much more, I expect, other than bursts. So like normal, but worse.
b) IF i sign up i declare now that I will ONLY post in discord. Because my dancing partner will be my MOST bestest buddy of all, and talking to everyone else will be a waste of time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#77 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:22 am

aarodactyl wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Starting to ramp up before m84 huh?

Bonatogether

#78 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:17 am

/not in

brainbomb

#79 Post by brainbomb » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:21 am

is posting in the game thread AND in the discord part of the mandatory participation rules. If someone makes the minimum participation amounts in their discord chat will that count for their in thread contributions. and what happens if someone just never even gives a shit and doesn't post in the discord.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#80 Post by dargorygel » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:28 am

... or we could see this as an interesting fun new thing to try... ( My earlier comment was sarcasm)