M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#3641 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:06 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:51 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:25 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:20 pm
Bona, can you give any better explanation to causing the tie? Why did you think damo is town? Or was it to just make a statement?
1. I did townread damo, but that was not (and should never be) a reason for tying barring a strong pr read or mechs (i have no head for pr softing so i had nothing of the sort)
2. I was mad at us not punishing what I viewed as a clear fakeclaim (which it was, although he wasn't actually scum, bizarrely)
3. I thought there was time for someone else to untie it (and indeed someone, flum I think? said at me before the end of day 'it's tied' or something, so he clearly knew)
I want to investigate items #2 and #3 here because I think this is a load of rubbish.

Re: 2: Bunny's claim was made with four minutes to go before EoD. How did you have time to evaluate that as a fakeclaim, assess people's reactions to it, and "get mad" about people not "punishing" Bunny for claiming? (Esp when there was no immediate c.c.)?

Your point 2 looks extremely fake to me.

Re: 3: When you cast the vote that caused a tie, there were no more than 60 seconds to go until the end of the phase; probably a lot less than 60 seconds. Why do you claim to think there was more time left?

Fluminator said "it's tied" just a few seconds before the "PLEASE HOLD" message from the GM, and at that point, because you had tied it, by voting for Fluminator, Fluminator was tied on 4 votes with Damo, who Flum was already voting for.

So, you are saying you thought there was time for Fluminator to break the tie by committing suicide, yes? Flum was literally the one person who could not be expected to move his vote at that precise moment because he would have died.
2. I believed it was fake. Fluminator had been asking bunny to claim for a little bit, and it was extremely late. Also, it aligned with my view of him as scum. I did not make a little diagram of all the options, nor did I compose an essay on the possibilities. I saw someone who had been taking, in my view, very scummy stances towards me and others for a long time, claim in a poorly executed way on the block. I fully believed he was bullshitting, and I do not understand why other people immediately piled off and then in the night claimed he was clearly scum (chaqa comes to mind, but there were several other people in this category).

3. Flum seeing it and responding to it proves that there was time for others to see it and respond also. It was very close but there was sufficient time. I did not tie in the hope that I would place fluminator in the dilemma of suicide or tie, but that anyone would see it and move. Fluminator only proves that there was time.

Bonatogether

#3642 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:07 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:57 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:45 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:38 pm

I meant more like after you caught flak for thinking I was dead, you keep making posts that are....weirdly dull? I'm trying to say it in a nice way. Ah! It's like you're playing dumb. Damo did a similar thing at SOD with "why didnt scum rb and kill jamie". It's like, what is the point of that post as town!damo? If you can think hard enough about the mech to have an opinion on what scum should have done, then why does he jump right to what scum must or must not have done?

Either you're checked out which, okay, not helpful, or your scum pretending like you're checked out and you've been doing so ever since you got sussed for thinking I was dead.

Okay there only read the second bit there, the first bit was just helping me gather my thoughts.
i have not been engaged. true!

i dispute that i've been completely dull and flat. when i thought i had bunny i was completely fired up but then we didn't kill him and then i was asleep for the phase in which he flipped town, and then my orientation point was gone so i was like ???
sorry, not dull in general, I am specifically commenting on how you return to the thread after every flip post-getting flak for thinking I died

but now I went through your ISO and I think I'm just wrong so, sorry about that, I think I was just annoyed at "who was saved?" when it felt pretty obvious what the thread was thinking + jamie's claim, it just felt like you were leaning into this "bona has no idea what's going on" trope
I clearly did not find what the thread was thinking is obvious

Jamiet99uk

#3643 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:08 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:06 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:25 pm

1. I did townread damo, but that was not (and should never be) a reason for tying barring a strong pr read or mechs (i have no head for pr softing so i had nothing of the sort)
2. I was mad at us not punishing what I viewed as a clear fakeclaim (which it was, although he wasn't actually scum, bizarrely)
3. I thought there was time for someone else to untie it (and indeed someone, flum I think? said at me before the end of day 'it's tied' or something, so he clearly knew)
I want to investigate items #2 and #3 here because I think this is a load of rubbish.

Re: 2: Bunny's claim was made with four minutes to go before EoD. How did you have time to evaluate that as a fakeclaim, assess people's reactions to it, and "get mad" about people not "punishing" Bunny for claiming? (Esp when there was no immediate c.c.)?

Re: 3: When you cast the vote that caused a tie, there were no more than 60 seconds to go until the end of the phase; probably a lot less than 60 seconds. Why do you claim to think there was more time left?

Fluminator said "it's tied" just a few seconds before the "PLEASE HOLD" message from the GM, and at that point, because you had tied it, by voting for Fluminator, Fluminator was tied on 4 votes with Damo, who Flum was already voting for.

So, you are saying you thought there was time for Fluminator to break the tie by committing suicide, yes? Flum was literally the one person who could not be expected to move his vote at that precise moment because he would have died.
2. I believed it was fake. Fluminator had been asking bunny to claim for a little bit, and it was extremely late. Also, it aligned with my view of him as scum. I did not make a little diagram of all the options, nor did I compose an essay on the possibilities. I saw someone who had been taking, in my view, very scummy stances towards me and others for a long time, claim in a poorly executed way on the block. I fully believed he was bullshitting, and I do not understand why other people immediately piled off and then in the night claimed he was clearly scum (chaqa comes to mind, but there were several other people in this category).

3. Flum seeing it and responding to it proves that there was time for others to see it and respond also. It was very close but there was sufficient time. I did not tie in the hope that I would place fluminator in the dilemma of suicide or tie, but that anyone would see it and move. Fluminator only proves that there was time.
Specifically you wanted someone to see it and move from Damo to Fluminator, yes?

I want to be clear what you are saying you thought.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3644 Post by pyxxy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:07 am
pyxxy wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:45 pm

i have not been engaged. true!

i dispute that i've been completely dull and flat. when i thought i had bunny i was completely fired up but then we didn't kill him and then i was asleep for the phase in which he flipped town, and then my orientation point was gone so i was like ???
sorry, not dull in general, I am specifically commenting on how you return to the thread after every flip post-getting flak for thinking I died

but now I went through your ISO and I think I'm just wrong so, sorry about that, I think I was just annoyed at "who was saved?" when it felt pretty obvious what the thread was thinking + jamie's claim, it just felt like you were leaning into this "bona has no idea what's going on" trope
right and I'm trying to figure out if that's AI given everything that's happened

Bonatogether

#3645 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:08 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Specifically you wanted someone to see it and move from Damo to Fluminator, yes?

I wanted to tie it. I did not care who died if it was not bunnygo at that moment.

Bonatogether

#3646 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:09 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:07 am
pyxxy wrote:

right and I'm trying to figure out if that's AI given everything that's happened
cursory inspection and knowledge of my ability to navigate pr mechanics will demonstrate

Jamiet99uk

#3647 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:13 am

"I wanted to tie it"
"I did not care who died"

These statements appear in conflict.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#3648 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:17 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

I wanted to tie it. I did not care who died if it was not bunnygo at that moment.
You caused a tie between Damo and Fluminator.

You've said you townread Damo. You are also refusing to vote for Damo today.
Your final vote was for Fluminator.

You've said you expected someone else to arrive, in the 20-40 seconds available, and break the tie you had caused.

Now you are saying you did not care who out of Damo or Fluminator died.

If you did not care about either Fluminator or Damo dying, and if you expected someone else would break the tie, then your actions and statements do not make any sense.

Jamiet99uk

#3649 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:19 am

Bona:

When you deliberately tied the vote with less than 60 seconds left, what did you actually think the outcome would be?

If you did not think the day would end in a tie, then why did you cause one?

Jamiet99uk

#3650 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:26 am

Oh he's gone.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3651 Post by pyxxy » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:28 am

maybe damo will come replace him

Fluminator

#3652 Post by Fluminator » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:33 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:59 pm
@Fluminator:
@Pyxxy:

Damo vs Bona is currently a 2-2 tie and you have not voted.

I would politely ask both of you to choose the same person to vote, if you can bring yourselves to do that. Either Damo or Bona is fine, but please try to ensure you are both on the same one.

That will make it 4 v 2 in either direction and will ensure that Bona cannot tie it again.
I'm out most of the night but I'll look at pairings late tonight and decide who I want to vote. We have a bit of time

Bonatogether

#3653 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:48 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:13 am
"I wanted to tie it"
"I did not care who died"

These statements appear in conflict.
I don't see it

Bonatogether

#3654 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:49 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:17 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:10 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:

You caused a tie between Damo and Fluminator.

You've said you townread Damo. You are also refusing to vote for Damo today.
Your final vote was for Fluminator.

You've said you expected someone else to arrive, in the 20-40 seconds available, and break the tie you had caused.

Now you are saying you did not care who out of Damo or Fluminator died.

If you did not care about either Fluminator or Damo dying, and if you expected someone else would break the tie, then your actions and statements do not make any sense.
My course of action was not fully planned out, as I indicated.

Bonatogether

#3655 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:19 am
Bona:

When you deliberately tied the vote with less than 60 seconds left, what did you actually think the outcome would be?

If you did not think the day would end in a tie, then why did you cause one?
As I stated above, I believed someone would untie it.

I believed bunny should have been the kill.

Bonatogether

#3656 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:26 am
Oh he's gone.
I had a very nice dinner

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3657 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:29 am

I think I've solved the game and it's Flum/Bona

Lemme write this up

Bonatogether

#3658 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:36 am

that's wrong

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3659 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:42 am

I typed up a bunch of bullshit, but the only part worth keeping was this bit. It's a little out of context but basically Damo-Bona is not a pair.

2. Eden and Jamie pushing Flum, with Damo popping on but noticeably distancing and joining ghug on Eden, which doesn't make a ton of sense for a mafia teammate to do right there I think. Though ghug does leave the Eden wagon soon, to join Bozo, which would imply a mafia joining his teammate if Bona is scum. So I think it's unlikely ghug goes from teammate Damo to teammate Bona, so Damo-Bona is not a pair.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3660 Post by Chaqa » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:43 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:36 am
that's wrong
Yeah I forgot about Damo.