M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4941 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 2:56 pm

Courtesy of Chat GPT

This explains sweet and cools heuristic

User brainbomb
Within the context of a deductive reasoning game, what is an argument for a criminal character in that game both wanting to be caught but using emotional appeal, and too much information to convey their thoughts?

ChatGPT
In the deductive reasoning game, the criminal character may have a complex motive behind wanting to be caught, employing emotional appeal and excessive information to convey their thoughts. Here's an argument that explains this scenario:

Argument:

Premise 1: The criminal character possesses deep-rooted guilt or remorse for their actions and seeks redemption.
Premise 2: The criminal character believes that facing the consequences of their actions is the only way to find peace and atone for their misdeeds.
Premise 3: The criminal character is aware that using emotional appeal and providing excessive information can potentially manipulate the detective or players, leading them towards discovering the truth.
Conclusion: Therefore, the criminal character strategically utilizes emotional appeal and excessive information to guide the detective or players towards solving the case and apprehending them.

Explanation:

Deep-rooted guilt or remorse: The criminal character may have committed a crime due to various circumstances, such as desperation, misguided intentions, or personal tragedy. Over time, they have come to regret their actions, realizing the consequences and the harm they caused. The guilt and remorse they feel can lead them to seek redemption.

Seeking redemption through consequences: Believing that facing the consequences of their actions is the only path to finding peace and atonement, the criminal character intentionally leaves behind clues or hints that will eventually lead to their capture. They view this as a way to finally be held accountable for their deeds, allowing them to take responsibility and make amends.

Emotional appeal and excessive information: To guide the detective or players towards uncovering the truth, the criminal character employs emotional appeal and provides excessive information during the game. By sharing personal stories, expressing remorse, or evoking empathy, they aim to evoke an emotional response that will engage the detective or players on a deeper level. Additionally, they may provide more information than necessary, hoping that the surplus of details will pique curiosity and lead the detective or players closer to the truth.

By combining emotional appeal and excessive information, the criminal character aims to create a captivating narrative that draws the detective or players towards solving the case and ultimately apprehending them. Through this intricate strategy, they hope to find the redemption they seek and relieve themselves of the burden of guilt.

Dousing

#4942 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 2:56 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:00 pm
beleive it or not I actually think the scumteam is sweet with dousing.

I can see how ghug would be town here based on the reasons sweet gave, because sweet knows what really happened.

and this is what I think actually happened.

The scumteam of fox, sweet, dousing and xcution had a discussion about alot of things. namely which PRs were real. They determined that best play was to jail brainbomb and then, because of overall newness some things went downhill.

Firstly, xcution was chosen to jail me
but as we saw at EOD1, xcution had some technical issues with phases, and never showed back up to change the jail on me over to Eden.

Mafia team was never sure if worcej was really a PR in the first place, and wanted there to be suspicion on it, so they figured worcej probably was not suspecting any of them and they just decided there was nothing they can do.

So it was not that one command wasnt put it, it was that xcution had some technical issues and absence after submitting a jail on me and was never able to move it.

Secondly, the mafia team chose that rather than focus on powers they would focus on bussing, HELLbussing to be specific. leaving dousing and sweet to both appear as clears upon xcutions death.

They were curious N2 about what was going on with Haze and ghug, so they sent in X to see what he could find, and saw Haze visit ghug that night.

Scumteam: dousing, sweet, foxcastle, xcution is not inexperienced, they just had one technical hangup, and one moment where they did not fully beleive worcejs claim, or that worcej was a threat to any of them
Are you saying that X was simply willing to hand the game over to two (already suspected) newbies instead of actually trying to win the game himself?

Have you seen how I’ve been playing?

sweetandcool

#4943 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 2:59 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:54 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:48 pm
So pretty much all I"m getting from town is either disbelief or very tepid "Well, I'm still voting for ghug, but your argument is slightly unsettling".

How about we ##VOTE sweetandcool because I don't think I'm going to be useful to town after this day. I don't seem capable of helping, despite working really hard to get things right. At the very least, you all won't have to deal with my long and frequent posting. One less thread to scour through for clues.

Voting me at least makes more sense than voting ghug.
Don't be so pathetically stupid. Please.
Too late. If you are bothered by it, then you can vote for me.

Current town thinking is so out of whack from reality, I don't think I could possibly be anything but Mafia.

I do like your plan by the way, and will go with it, if the PRs get their act together and decide on a target.

Haze with a Z

#4944 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:00 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 3:47 pm
just for the sake of humoring this. I reread Day 3, a day I only posted 3 times and I was gone most of it.

Entering the day I noticed pre damo claim that three people were already pushing xcution and I just wondered if any of those maybe saw damo visit x, and thus they moved there as fast as possible to look good.

and those three are sweet, dousing and kak. correct me on this if im wrong, and this may just be they all had really solid reasons to vote xcution. havent fully ruled out that its too convenient I guess. just thinking here
How could they have seen?
back in the day (jesus someone is gonna scumread me for this) when we had scum roles that were informative, we would use a code. like if I start the phase making this statement it means, this thing happened. or a certain letter at the start of a post means this activity happened. it was a way for getting around maf chat being closed so team could learn a result.

like if tracker sees damo visit xcution. you vote xcution with some coded hidden word or letter, and then the other scum follow suit.

I dont really know that dousing and kakarroto, or sweet would come up with this concept but many mafia veterans have potentially seen such an idea before.
tbh I've mostly only seen it when maf team has information to share with their pals. like to know their role or something.

brainbomb

#4945 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:01 pm

Aslo courtesy of chat gpt

Brainbomb: Explain the motivation within the context of a crime solving game, how a criminal would use their knowledge, and information to win. Also factor in use of emotional appeals, and being off most peoples radar as a suspect.

ChatGPT
In the context of a crime-solving game, a criminal character may employ various tactics, including their knowledge, information, emotional appeals, and the ability to stay off most people's radar as a suspect, in order to increase their chances of winning. Here's an explanation of how these factors contribute to their motivation and strategy:

Motivation to win: The criminal character's primary motivation is to outsmart the detective or other players and emerge victorious in the game. This could stem from a desire for personal glory, a need for validation of their intellect or skills, or a sense of thrill derived from the challenge of evading capture.

Utilizing knowledge and information: The criminal character, being well-versed in the world of crime, can leverage their knowledge to devise intricate plans, leaving behind a trail of clues and puzzles for the detective or players to solve. They strategically select information that appears relevant but may also mislead or distract from the truth, making the investigation more challenging.

Emotional appeals: To manipulate the detective or players' emotions and gain an advantage, the criminal character may employ emotional appeals. This could involve creating sympathetic narratives, emphasizing personal hardships or tragedies, or displaying vulnerability to evoke empathy and divert attention away from their culpability. By tugging at heartstrings, they aim to sway the detective or players' judgment and cast doubt on their suspicions.

Remaining off the radar: The criminal character is keen on avoiding suspicion and keeping a low profile. They may actively present themselves as an innocent or unlikely suspect, maintaining a façade of normalcy or even assisting in the investigation to deflect any attention directed towards them. By staying off most people's radar, they can freely observe and gather information about the progress of the investigation, enabling them to adjust their strategies accordingly.

By combining their knowledge, selective provision of information, emotional appeals, and a careful approach to remaining inconspicuous, the criminal character aims to undermine the detective or players' progress and maintain an advantage throughout the game. They understand that by playing their role convincingly and manipulating perceptions, they can increase the likelihood of achieving their goal: winning the game and escaping the consequences of their actions.

Haze with a Z

#4946 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:59 pm
damo666 wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:48 pm
So pretty much all I"m getting from town is either disbelief or very tepid "Well, I'm still voting for ghug, but your argument is slightly unsettling".

How about we ##VOTE sweetandcool because I don't think I'm going to be useful to town after this day. I don't seem capable of helping, despite working really hard to get things right. At the very least, you all won't have to deal with my long and frequent posting. One less thread to scour through for clues.

Voting me at least makes more sense than voting ghug.

Current town thinking is so out of whack from reality, I don't think I could possibly be anything but Mafia.

I do like your plan by the way, and will go with it, if the PRs get their act together and decide on a target.
you dont feel scummy to me, but this action I feel is more common of an enemy action than a town/pirate action. probably because it is easier to feel hopeless as royalist or scum than it is as the town.

Haze with a Z

#4947 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm

also ##unvote

Dousing

#4948 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 3:03 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 2:56 pm

Are you saying that X was simply willing to hand the game over to two (already suspected) newbies instead of actually trying to win the game himself?

Have you seen how I’ve been playing?
Already suspected maybe be a strong word RE: sweet but he was in a lot of people’s POEs. Personally it makes more sense for X to bus
- sweet with my help or
- me with sweets help
than for us to bus X

Sure this sets up a weird WIFOM where me and sweet bussing X was exactly the kind of sub-optimal play that could be seen as most townie. But to that ill just say “confirmation bias”

sweetandcool

#4949 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:02 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
damo666 wrote:

you dont feel scummy to me, but this action I feel is more common of an enemy action than a town/pirate action. probably because it is easier to feel hopeless as royalist or scum than it is as the town.
Meh. This will be the 2nd game in a row where the truth is obvious to me and town buries their collective heads in the sand.

Haze with a Z

#4950 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
I think I'm at
Jamie
Dousing=Kak
Bunny
-----------
Rd
Brain
Sweet

With at least one from the bottom pool unless Dousing is scum, since he hasn't been here.
how would you determine if they are scum?

Dousing

#4951 Post by Dousing » Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm

Brain, how about we don’t fill the thread with chatGPT spam?

Haze with a Z

#4952 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 pm
Haze with a Z wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Meh. This will be the 2nd game in a row where the truth is obvious to me and town buries their collective heads in the sand.
so then isn't self voting going to help with this?

brainbomb

#4953 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:07 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm
Brain, how about we don’t fill the thread with chatGPT spam?
it isnt spam

Haze with a Z

#4954 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:14 pm
Brain, again, X was the tracker and he visited Haze.
what point are you trying to make? because this post and the otehr one seem to imply that you know x's action and this would only be possible if you are their pal

sweetandcool

#4955 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:08 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:06 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 pm
Haze with a Z wrote:

so then isn't self voting going to help with this?
It half worked last game. So there is something to it. Plus, I don't see why anyone would consider voting ghug over me. But somehow town is so stuck on it that they can't consider anything else.

damo666

#4956 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:12 pm

@Haze who other than ghug would you vote

@ghug what about my proposal?

Haze with a Z

#4957 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:14 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm
would you play on in that position sweetandcool? if you were mafia here with ghug
If I were Mafia, and my teammate (not necessarily ghug) were voted today, I would totally play on.

I've stated before that I feel confident in my position. And since most powers are used, I wouldn't have to worry about being mechanically outed.
bolded feels like a really strange sentence for a pirate to make.

Haze with a Z

#4958 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:15 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:12 pm
@Haze who other than ghug would you vote

@ghug what about my proposal?
im still reading up. I prob would be willing to vote bunny/rd as well. Sweet is looking worse as well from what I'm reading. Prob wouldn't vote jamie today though.

Haze with a Z

#4959 Post by Haze with a Z » Wed May 24, 2023 3:17 pm

I'm not deleting stuff cause too much effort.

Rdrive, what do you mean in this sentence:

"I conceded once when there is no way I can win the game considering the whole situation. This game is too open to anyone consider to concede."

like is this an example from a past game or the actions you would take as a wolf this game?

sweetandcool

#4960 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:19 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:14 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:28 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:59 pm
would you play on in that position sweetandcool? if you were mafia here with ghug
If I were Mafia, and my teammate (not necessarily ghug) were voted today, I would totally play on.

I've stated before that I feel confident in my position. And since most powers are used, I wouldn't have to worry about being mechanically outed.
bolded feels like a really strange sentence for a pirate to make.
Times sure have changed. Mafia sweetandcool has lost their mind and no longer has a secure position. Looks like you've found a compelling reason to not vote ghug, great! Glad we could get you there.

The argument for voting ghug appears as follows:

N1 play was poor by Mafia, so ghug being RB explains the perceived poor play.

X being sent to Haze, was a form of verification. Because Haze's comments were obvious enough to make ghug think, huh Haze RB me, but instead of checking the role document I feel better about sending teammate X to verify Haze's role for me.