M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4981 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:46 pm
theory 3
is that sweet and cool is town, and ghug is town
and ive really just derailed the game and sweet is losing his mind because of it, and the scum is actually just bunny and jamie, and bunny who has been super busy IRL put in a jail on me but never came back to change it to Eden. And Jamie decided that jailing me is smart because I claim everything that ever happens to me so long term that would just get me miskilled eventually.
The most plausible theory yet. Although I really don't care about your pressure on me, it's at least more work and more plausible than lazily voting for ghug.

brainbomb

#4982 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:49 pm

last night when sweet and cool asked everyone to explain what mafia had done, I offered these scenarios to him and he instead threw a tantrum and claimed to know every answer I was going to give, and proceeded to walk away without ever even trying to hear me out

sweetandcool

#4983 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:50 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:49 pm
last night when sweet and cool asked everyone to explain what mafia had done, I offered these scenarios to him and he instead threw a tantrum and claimed to know every answer I was going to give, and proceeded to walk away without ever even trying to hear me out
That's pretty unfair. You posted a cryptic list with no explanation, and given your tunnel on me, I interpreted it in a certain way.

And then I tried to engage by asking for theory E but you went to sleep or something instead.

brainbomb

#4984 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:51 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
theory 3
and ive really just derailed the game and sweet is losing his mind because of it, and the scum is actually just bunny and jamie, and bunny who has been super busy IRL put in a jail on me but never came back to change it to Eden. And Jamie decided that jailing me is smart because I claim everything that ever happens to me so long term that would just get me miskilled eventually.
The most plausible theory yet. Although I really don't care about your pressure on me, it's at least more work and more plausible than lazily voting for ghug.
your top two scumreads were Jamie and Bunny. this is exactly the scumteam you were focused on. Bunny is a very viable counter option to ghug even as we speak. So you can always vote there, and then you control ghugs fate yourself.

You asserted that town isnt listening, but the remaining voters on ghug includes Jamie who you allegedly scumread. So... youre referring to dousing now and worcej? everyone else has moved off of ghug

brainbomb

#4985 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:52 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:
That's pretty unfair. You posted a cryptic list with no explanation, and given your tunnel on me, I interpreted it in a certain way.

And then I tried to engage by asking for theory E but you went to sleep or something instead.
Actually I did you a favor because theory E was that ghug tried to jail and got roleblocked. it was just going to be a rehash of everything we had just fought about. there is no point in spelling out the exact scenario you least want to hear

sweetandcool

#4986 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:51 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:48 pm
brainbomb wrote:
theory 3
your top two scumreads were Jamie and Bunny. this is exactly the scumteam you were focused on. Bunny is a very viable counter option to ghug even as we speak. So you can always vote there, and then you control ghugs fate yourself.

You asserted that town isnt listening, but the remaining voters on ghug includes Jamie who you allegedly scumread. So... youre referring to dousing now and worcej? everyone else has moved off of ghug
These changes have been pretty recent. And the moving off of ghug has been pretty tepid. Unless damo's plan is enacted, it seems like town will just move back onto ghug. Or maybe my defense of ghug and your endless tunneling will move people onto me, that's possible.

sweetandcool

#4987 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:52 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:50 pm
brainbomb wrote:

Actually I did you a favor because theory E was that ghug tried to jail and got roleblocked. it was just going to be a rehash of everything we had just fought about. there is no point in spelling out the exact scenario you least want to hear
I'm happy to hear A-D if you want to put them out there.

BunnyGo

#4988 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 3:55 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:40 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:51 pm
I know from experience that with how many clears there are still alive in worcej, damo, supposedly sweet and cool, haze, supposedly dousing, and then myself having been jailed, that the last mafia would only keep playing on if they had a pathway to winning.
I have observed Jamie, kak, rdrivera have all conceded games in insurmountable scenarios.

Scum cant openly concede at present since there isnt a way for both to contact GMs together to do so. it could be ghug just wants game to end and to move on so his partner can make that call.
I suspect however than a lone mafia may think there is enough of a POE to make a final 3.
Which is why im rereading sweetandcool to make sure they arent primed to coast into kilo as top town.

there is still a game to be played for potentially a very long time.

or maybe a very brief time. Or perhaps were in deep trouble. Id like to consider all those avenues now
I conceded once when there is no way I can win the game considering the whole situation. This game is too open to anyone consider to concede.

We still have only 3 miskills even if we are right about Ghug (2 if we are wrong) so it's far from a sure town win.
When do you claim to concede?

brainbomb

#4989 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:55 pm

the funniest moment of the game so far was when I asked you to produce a few towny quotes by ghug and

im paraphrasing but ghug defended you from having to do so by saying "there arent towny posts of mine in my ISO". which is absolutely bananas hilarious to say. He didnt even want you to have to bother.

Like if ghug is town you are so far up his ass that he will never have a hemmroid again from how sweet and cool his bum bum feels

sweetandcool

#4990 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 3:57 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:55 pm
the funniest moment of the game so far was when I asked you to produce a few towny quotes by ghug and

im paraphrasing but ghug defended you from having to do so by saying "there arent towny posts of mine in my ISO". which is absolutely bananas hilarious to say. He didnt even want you to have to bother.

Like if ghug is town you are so far up his ass that he will never have a hemmroid again from how sweet and cool his bum bum feels
I was going to do that, but then you said you changed your mind and you wanted me to focus on catching Mafia.

So are you saying you want me to start posting ghug being Town? There are plenty of examples, I'm sure.

Jamiet99uk

#4991 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 pm

What is going on here?

Is sweetandcool just massively frustrated scum?

Or is he just a mad person?

##Vote Sweetandcool

This looks like a Mafia Meltdown.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4992 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:17 pm
I'm not deleting stuff cause too much effort.

Rdrive, what do you mean in this sentence:

"I conceded once when there is no way I can win the game considering the whole situation. This game is too open to anyone consider to concede."

like is this an example from a past game or the actions you would take as a wolf this game?
I meant that in a past game I conceded when I was last scum and didn't stand a chance to win.

Then I said this game is too far from a sure town win that even if we catch scum today, the last one remaining still have a chance to win.

brainbomb

#4993 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 pm

A was that a driver was used to protect dousing in the event of a cop scan because dousing is scum here.

B was that bunny is very busy and never switched the jail off me onto eden

C was that xcution or jamie caused drama in scumchat and there was a fight of some sort on how to use actions which resulted in players going rogue and disregarding the teams advice.

D was technical difficulties due to a scumteam in radically different timezones, rdr in brazil, jamie in UK, fox in USA, xcution in where excutioners come from and the scumteam never got to connect enough to put down a concrete plan.

BunnyGo

#4994 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:37 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:36 pm

Why do you think he needs to suicide on HaZe? If wolf!Ghug knows haze is captain, just NK…right?
In addition to the Eden kill
Anyway he couldn't because you're the agent

##vote Bunny
No. I’m a scurvy pirate.

In addition to the Eden kill? Oh…N2? Hmm. That’s interesting, but I don’t see wolf!Ghug giving up after fox has been caught. Maybe if he’s sure he’s caught. But I think he’s going to play like this instead…try to WIFOM HaZe and the rest of us.

sweetandcool

#4995 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 pm
A was that a driver was used to protect dousing in the event of a cop scan because dousing is scum here.

C was that xcution or jamie caused drama in scumchat and there was a fight of some sort on how to use actions which resulted in players going rogue and disregarding the teams advice.

D was technical difficulties due to a scumteam in radically different timezones, rdr in brazil, jamie in UK, fox in USA, xcution in where excutioners come from and the scumteam never got to connect enough to put down a concrete plan.
I really don't think Mafia uses drive N1, but I guess that's as much as personal opinion as the current town position that Mafia played N1 poorly.

Otherwise, those are all possible. We do tend to fall into the trap of thinking Mafia is hyper-competent and hyper-cooperative with each other, and hyper-communicative.

I see a lot of logic going around that simultaneously attributes Mafia to being near perfect, as well as being practically stupid. It's really frustrating.

BunnyGo

#4996 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:44 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm
Ok then do me a favor and imagine town ghug for a second. Whose reaction here is most out of character?
I think your wagon is completely town, so I can't see any out of character reaction here.

Bunny reaction is the weirdest, he completely ignored Haze and Ghug thing.
Didn’t ignore. Was considering ifnghug’s plays was alignment indicative. I don’t think it is.

Finally got around to mech considerations this morning.

sweetandcool

#4997 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:16 pm
Ok then do me a favor and imagine town ghug for a second. Whose reaction here is most out of character?
I think your wagon is completely town, so I can't see any out of character reaction here.

Didn’t ignore. Was considering ifnghug’s plays was alignment indicative. I don’t think it is.

I suppose you haven't gotten to my argument for ghug's innocence?

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 74#p345274

BunnyGo

#4998 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:08 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:04 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:59 pm

I really don't think Mafia uses drive N1, but I guess that's as much as personal opinion as the current town position that Mafia played N1 poorly.

Otherwise, those are all possible. We do tend to fall into the trap of thinking Mafia is hyper-competent and hyper-cooperative with each other, and hyper-communicative.

I see a lot of logic going around that simultaneously attributes Mafia to being near perfect, as well as being practically stupid. It's really frustrating.
We know Fox and X are experienced. Hence they MUST be largely competent.

We know several other players here are not. Hence possibly stupid. we also know some experienced players screw up with scum play (brain has famously screwed it up before…shit. I can’t reread him now, @damo if brain is making sense to me is that a scum tell of his? Or does it mean I’m finally listening right?)

BunnyGo

#4999 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 4:08 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:06 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 4:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

I suppose you haven't gotten to my argument for ghug's innocence?

No. Write my own theories. Will look.

sweetandcool

#5000 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 4:09 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 3:58 pm
What is going on here?

Is sweetandcool just massively frustrated scum?

Or is he just a mad person?

##Vote Sweetandcool

This looks like a Mafia Meltdown.
Have you looked at my argument for why ghug is innocent?