M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
sweetandcool

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4901 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 7:31 am

Screw you past brainbomb, I'm reading through all of your crap and it is not a pleasant task. Clearly a deliberate Mafia ploy to turn my brain into mush.

http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 70#p343070

sweetandcool

#4902 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 24, 2023 8:08 am

Alright, to please all of the people who think an argument for saving ghug must be reinforced by an argument to chop someone else, I present to you my pick for a scumteam:

BunnyGo
Jamiet

I already explained BunnyGo. Jamiet has been weird all game and their reaction to the Vig kill was suspiciously not Jamiet-like.

I would explain further, but I actually read through Brainbomb's posts and my brain is fried.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have a viable scumteam, we can move past voting Town ghug, right?

If I'm wrong about either of them, brainbomb is next on my list. They are all over the place, getting into useless arguments, fomenting town paranoia. Also, it makes the most sense that brainbomb is lying about being jailed. The only reason I'm not putting them in my scumteam is that they really have bussed BunnyGo and Jamiet a lot (particularly BunnyGo), along with Fox as well. It seems a bit much for scum, but it also explains brainbomb being jailed (or rather lying about being jailed) N1. It also explains the oddity that Mafia has apparently only used the one jail on N1, and never since. Or it could be clever psychological warfare from the scumteam, maybe.

I'm sticking with voting BunnyGo because BunnyGo + brainbomb is more likely than Jamiet + brainbomb (I don't think Jamiet would have the patience to willingly get into some of the arguments he had with brainbomb).

All of that being said, I am okay with us flipping rdr, Kak or Dousing. They are still certainly better choices than ghug, who is practically 100% town and will help us not at all when revealed as such.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4903 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:58 am

@Sweet - You are not helping your case being so over the top and flooding the thread. You are in love with your own arguments and incapable of being objective. Saying Ghug is almost 100% confirmed town is bizarre to say the minimal. You make me want to vote Ghug because I don't believe you two should be alive at end game and you are most likely to be town.
If Ghug flips town just flip me tomorrow, I won't mind as the best part with being VT is you don't need to worry about being killed and I don't want to be in an end game with you.

There are decent arguments to flip Ghug today and even him acknowledges this and you won't hear anyway, so I won't even bother.

##vote Ghug

BunnyGo

#4904 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 12:05 pm

Hi. Yesterday was long and I’m just getting here now. Waiting at bus stop for first leg of trip. Will catch up then.

BunnyGo

#4905 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 24, 2023 12:59 pm

Sorry, I know I haven’t been here. Life has been hectic and I’ve been thrown by the lack of VCA the last two days. Also will have only mobile for 6 days, so will be harder to continue the ballad. That said, I was surprised how towny kaka’s posts aged from D1/N1.

Some thoughts I’ve been pondering while away (I’m sure this has been said, but maybe not this way):

1) I need to continue reading Kaka because he always seems scummy in real-time but those two parts of the ballad make me reconsider. ##unvote

2) ghug’s behavior around this PR claim is NAI—I’ve seen him do this wink/nod stuff as town and as scum

3) the mech stuff is interesting:
A) why leave worcej N1?
B) why not kill HaZe N2/3?
C) why send X to HaZe? Why not jail him?
D) assuming BB is town, why jail him?

A) possibilities: they were worried about watcher, they were worried about doctor/saves, they were NOT worried about worcej’s actions. Most or all PRs have some offensive or investigative powers, maybe they tried baiting worcej with driving his likely targets? Maybe they got unlucky and swapped X or other wolf instead of fox? Maybe ghug was RBd from targeting worcej? Maybe ghug was RBd from swapping fox with someone?

Worcej has a decent reputation for PR rock-paper-scissors. I don’t see most experienced local players wanting to try this with him. So X, May be willing to, newer players too. Not sure if Fox thinks this or not.

Ghug would probably have this opinion of worcej, but it doesn’t help me decide if he’s a wolf mechanically. Since he could have been RBd.

B) after HaZe’s posts, I think ghug would avoid killing him. Taking out Eden with unknown PR abilities left would also be valuable night 2. Night 3, I get less…maybe they lost RPS with Damo/worcej? Maybe they DID try HaZe and Damo/worcej saved?

C) this is the hardest for me if Ghug is scum. X could jail HaZe (but didn’t), and otherwise could investigate/track. Basically just checking if HaZe is a PR. Why do this? I don’t get it.

D) I don’t get this either. The possibility of being asleep at the wheel is possible. BB being wolf is possible. He’d lie like that, and Fox would agree to go along with it.

Current POE (in rough order of willingness to vote):

Dousing
Rdr
Ghug
Jamie
brain
Sweet
Kaka

Yes kaka…those first two stanzas of the ballad are buying your weirdness time with me)

Part C above makes me not want to vote Ghug. But need to do a catch up now. Will be back after we transfer to train. This post made me car sick.

brainbomb

#4906 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 1:22 pm

##Vote sweetandcool

Jamiet99uk

#4907 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi Chums

Sorry for my absence, I've not been feeling well in RL. Had to take a day off work but spent most of it asleep.

I'll try to have a catch up now.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#4908 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 1:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:01 pm
I think I'm at ##VOTE Jamie

Rd's probably right that I don't survive this game. Unlucky that mafia decided to be stupid N1, but ultimately if it's trading my life for Fox's, I'm cool with that.
Voting me considered harmful.

Jamiet99uk

#4909 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 1:56 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:41 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:24 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:15 pm

no one did respond to this

it also seems mafia didn't react to that or overlooked it. I mean it's on page 9 in the joke phase, but still it kinda could've been used to incriminate bona for N1. hmmm.
Ok...let's stop and slowly go through what you're saying and why.

1) Why are you trying to analyze bona's alignment?
2) What are you hoping to accomplish?
what do you mean bona's alignment? I'm rereading the thread and saw this post and thought "oh, somewhat curious that mafia didn't take this opportunity. Could that mean something? Does it tell us something about mafia's thoughts?"

and I want to get a better read, or evidence, or something that helps us find mafia, why else? Maybe it's a dumb find or idea, but I think, I would've jumped on that exchange if I was mafia
The President Eden / Bona exchange you referred to there did not seem like serious Scum-to-Scum signalling, surely?

It just looked like shitposting between two players who have a weird incestuous relationship.

I don't see anything in particular scum could have "jumped on".

Jamiet99uk

#4910 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 1:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 10:48 pm
furthermore if you seriously think I could keep my cool with how bad the scumteams fortunes have been this game I will take it as a compliment you think I could control my mania and frantic posture id have if I was mafia right now. id be working overtime to clog the game with bullshit theories and spam
Confirm this would be usual MafiaBomb behaviour at this point.

brainbomb

#4911 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 24, 2023 2:00 pm

beleive it or not I actually think the scumteam is sweet with dousing.

I can see how ghug would be town here based on the reasons sweet gave, because sweet knows what really happened.

and this is what I think actually happened.

The scumteam of fox, sweet, dousing and xcution had a discussion about alot of things. namely which PRs were real. They determined that best play was to jail brainbomb and then, because of overall newness some things went downhill.

Firstly, xcution was chosen to jail me
but as we saw at EOD1, xcution had some technical issues with phases, and never showed back up to change the jail on me over to Eden.

Mafia team was never sure if worcej was really a PR in the first place, and wanted there to be suspicion on it, so they figured worcej probably was not suspecting any of them and they just decided there was nothing they can do.

So it was not that one command wasnt put it, it was that xcution had some technical issues and absence after submitting a jail on me and was never able to move it.

Secondly, the mafia team chose that rather than focus on powers they would focus on bussing, HELLbussing to be specific. leaving dousing and sweet to both appear as clears upon xcutions death.

They were curious N2 about what was going on with Haze and ghug, so they sent in X to see what he could find, and saw Haze visit ghug that night.

Scumteam: dousing, sweet, foxcastle, xcution is not inexperienced, they just had one technical hangup, and one moment where they did not fully beleive worcejs claim, or that worcej was a threat to any of them

Jamiet99uk

#4912 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:02 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:52 pm
Ghug, ill give you the script

anytime bb scumreads you, all you have to do is one of these lines

*my god youre insufferable

*this is why everyone is tired of your antics

*you always have to be the victim

*stop spamming the game brain

*youre just a human whirlwind :lol:

those are very effective pushbacks for any scum accusation I ever make
Haha I think I coined one of those in this game.

Jamiet99uk

#4913 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:32 am
alright well im gonna stick to my guns here and not reconsider.

sorry to disappoint but im locked in.
Morgan Freeman voice:

Brainbomb was not, in fact, locked in.

Jamiet99uk

#4914 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:10 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:11 am
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:17 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:11 am
Because you prefer a challenge.
I'm not stupid though. I've always been happy to go down for teammates. I got mad at you last time we were scum together because you got cold feet on your bus and tried to save me at the last minute.

I think I try to kill Haze N2 if I'm scum, but even barring that, I'm definitely working to get my last teammate in a good position and do maximum damage to town before I die. I've suspected I was on borrowed time since N2.
I don't think you suicide yourself unless you are 100% catched and it was not the case. And you can still be the Enforcer, so this isn't a great argument.

I think we need to flip you, if you are town this is unfortunate but there isn't a way to clear you and even if we can, we probably should use it on other players.

The worst part is losing another day on a mech thing, but I can't see a regular day out of it.
It appears my Kak wagon died and I'm inclined to agree with Rdr here.

##Vote Ghug

Jamiet99uk

#4915 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:22 am
The Ballad of Kaka (part 1: Day 1)

<snip>

In summary, that day starts off triggering, ESPECIALLY knowing Fox was scum. But *maybe* that last post shows he was just being weird for reads? Why did he not mention bozo in this post? Why not vote for dousing?

Kaka day 1 is hard...I think it's why he gets killed early so much. Let's move on to N1 and D2!!
This is good work. Kak is hard to read, you are right, but I still think he is scum with connections to Fox as earlier stated.

Jamiet99uk

#4916 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:30 am
You know what - I do see a world where Haze did actually RB ghug who was the one that was supposed to jail me...

##vote ghug

Mechanics may be the root cause of scum getting annihilated this game.
This setup gives Town a lot of actions, a number of which are verifiable.

Verifiable actions create townclears.

We'll discuss the setup balance after the game but I feel kinda sorry for scum here.

Jamiet99uk

#4917 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:16 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:50 am

N3
1. Haze shoots VT Bona.
2. worcej commutes damo.
3. damo Doctor worcej.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, please correct me if I got anything wrong, or forgot anything. Of course there might be a couple things that Town has done that hasn't been reported. Feel free to keep that information to yourself if you think it's better that way.
Did Damo claim a Doc save on Worcej?

Where is Sweet getting that from?

Jamiet99uk

#4918 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:17 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:11 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:05 am
Oh yeah, I'd like an acknowledgement from worcej, damo and Haze that the list is correct, as far as things we know and have been claimed.
Damo should not be telling us what he did last night unless he knows he saved someone.
Correct policy.

Jamiet99uk

#4919 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 24, 2023 2:19 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:52 pm
I must have done something right if ghug is outed mechanically although I am kinda lost on the full thing of how.
You targted Ghug N1.
Scum didn't jail Worcej even though that appears the obvious play.
Conclusion is that Ghug probably attempted to stop Worcej but you intercepted him.

damo666

#4920 Post by damo666 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:19 pm

PROPOSAL

Let's give ghug the benefit of the doubt and him and the 3 townclears vote for a kill target. People must vote for the majority target or be considered scum. In the event of a tie ghug's vote ignored.

If successful repeat tomorrow with survivors of the four.

Following a failure we kill ghug.

@Worcej @ Haze what do you think?

@ghug deal?